NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #615 on: <04-29-11/0410:46> »
@Sichr "Just a remark: Once you track the node, you need to use Analyze it (Matrix perception) to find its Acces ID...but Im not sura about that, you can red something like that in the short story at the beginning of The wireless world chapter in SRA :) (Game, set, match... i thin)"
Not according to http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=814.0 and SR4A p232 Trace User. I should be able to find an ID from which it takes commands...

good news for my rigger in other game I suppose :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #616 on: <04-29-11/0415:55> »
Im not sure but spirits, spells and other magical phenomenas cannot be seen by technical means...Ive read that before (I suppose it was that Dulkezahn`s rift cannot be filmed, taken picture of etc...), I dont know if this still holds in 4ed

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #617 on: <04-29-11/0429:35> »
Well, a materialized spirit can be seen by technology...it has a body on the physical world.  Dunkelzahn's Rift would mainly be an astral phenomenon and then of course you couldn't take a picture of it.  One thing you might be thinking of is the fact that spirits can't view technological displays.  So a free spirit couldn't see AR or even read a computer monitor...it would just look like gibberish to them....but they could read a book. 

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #618 on: <04-29-11/0431:45> »
Im not sure but spirits, spells and other magical phenomenas cannot be seen by technical means...Ive read that before (I suppose it was that Dulkezahn`s rift cannot be filmed, taken picture of etc...), I dont know if this still holds in 4ed
I remember reading that somewhere too... no idea where though. (or the rules that go with it.)  :-\ Anyway, I declare, Rack ops in the northern midwest. :D see ya. I'll be back to continue this in...6-10 hours.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #619 on: <04-29-11/0435:12> »
"Roll an Elec War + Sniffer (3) to capture wireless traffic and then if you pass this test, since the time frame is a little open we'll just assume you have gotton the access ID of the node sending commands and then we'll use the Spoof Command roll you made and i'll just roll Pilot + Firewall."

Wow... sorry, things seem to be going fast and I'm kind of feeling Wagner's being ignored.
I rolled all that stuff and more; do you mean none of that worked? (If the decrypt and trace weren't required, cut them out, but the rest seems about right... 5 hits on Scan, 8 on Spoof. That would happen within 2 seconds, seems kind of fast for the Drone to issue a second warning, most meat speed people wouldn't be able to react that fast...)

As for magic and sensors: I thought the P (Physical) things and manifested spirits and such could be detected, mana things, no.
« Last Edit: <04-29-11/0438:37> by Xzylvador »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #620 on: <04-29-11/0442:52> »
Well it's really an Elec War + Sniffer (3) test...not Hacking + Sniffer....but you rolled that test with the same intention....so i'll just use the same roll knock off one die since your EW is 3, but you still get enough hits.  So you successfully spoofed the command.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #621 on: <04-29-11/1249:47> »
@Wagner:
Your subscription limit is 2xSystem= 10 I think.  So right now you have a subscription to your Rover, 2 drones, and Grid Guide node.  So that's 4.  With respect to programs, you have a processer limit of 5 before you suffer response degredation.  You can also have an additional 5 programs with ergonomic program option.  So basically you can have 10 programs running with full Response rating.  So let me know what those 10 programs are.....maybe link them to your character sheet under a Status section you can create on the sheet. 
« Last Edit: <04-29-11/1445:26> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #622 on: <04-29-11/1254:20> »
I can share my commlink's resources, it's not like Stryker is using it beyond the team link.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #623 on: <04-29-11/1455:01> »
@Wagner: Your subscription limit is 2xSystem= 10 I think.  So right now you have a subscription to your Rover, 2 drones, and Grid Guide node.  So that's 4.  With respect to programs, you have a processer limit of 5 before you suffer response degredation
Yeah, it is... is this an issue somewhere? Don't think I've gone over either limit...
Connected to Rover, Gridguide and 3 drones (2 bugs and 1 doberman) by the way, so 5.
As for programs, the ergonomic programs don't count towards the response degradation. So I'm running Analyze, Armor, Biofeedback, Stealth and Encrypt pretty much all the time, with 5 program 'slots' left.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #624 on: <04-29-11/1602:42> »
@Wagner:
So i just looked at the rules again and actually it's that you suffer 1 response reduction for every System programs running.  So that would mean you have 4 more slots left for programs before you Response goes down by 1.  I would just load them so that they're ready and you don't have to spend a simple action loading some program that you want if you need it quick and tell me which ones they are (ideally put it in some little status section at the end of your char sheet to keep track of it and not have to search OOC for that info.)  To load or unload a program remember it's a simple action. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #625 on: <04-29-11/1631:22> »
To hell it goes :)

Intuition(4)+Navi(2)+Mapsoft(5) (11d6.hits(5)=2)

Repeated roll

Intuition(4)+Navi(2)+Mapsoft(5)-2 (9d6.hits(5)=2)

seems Zach would prefere to stay on highway with this results, he is not able to find the alternative that would be much better...

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #626 on: <04-29-11/1633:34> »
@Everyone:

With that little hitch out of the way Dustin breathes a sigh of relief but remains silent but still rather sweaty.  You continue down the planned route and you are starting to enter a residential neighborhood in Everette, your ETA to the drop off location being aproximately 15 mintues.
??? We aren't on the highway anymore man we're rolling on side streets.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #627 on: <04-29-11/1643:58> »
I wonder if they'd attack if we had kept a KE drone hovering above our car... maybe next time ;)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #628 on: <04-29-11/1722:34> »
@Wagner:
So your firewall detected an access ID which was hacking your PAN and is continuing to do so, but your Firewall is now +4 against him.  He is still hacking from his home node and in order to find out which node that is you have to run a Trace.  Then you could try and Hack his home node and get to him.  Otherwise you could wait until he gets in and then attack him.  There's a bunch of stuff you could do so let me know.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #629 on: <04-29-11/1729:09> »
Would he still have to crack encryption after that?
I think I'll run a trace though, don't have IC to launch, heh.
« Last Edit: <04-29-11/1731:05> by Xzylvador »