NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #510 on: <04-25-11/1413:56> »
No, it's cool, you had enough time to do trial and error and once you got then you quickened it.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #511 on: <04-25-11/1452:24> »
What's the rating of the jammer?
Edit: and is his comm&SIN active/passive/hidden?
« Last Edit: <04-25-11/1454:27> by Xzylvador »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #512 on: <04-25-11/1513:40> »
The Jammer is rating 10.  His commlink is being jammed so you can't detect it's node. 

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #513 on: <04-25-11/1515:53> »
 :o holy shit! I wasn't aware you could have a portable jammer of that rating above 6... ???

also you didn't answer Brick's questions about the package.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #514 on: <04-25-11/1520:22> »
Yeah... that kind of sucks :p
Still, good to know the guy takes his security serious.

Also, means Brick can't subvocal me.
« Last Edit: <04-25-11/1525:52> by Xzylvador »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #515 on: <04-25-11/1532:50> »
Yeah... that kind of sucks :p
Still, good to know the guy takes his security serious.

Also, means Brick can't subvocal me.

Good point. Ill modifz mz IC post in that manner

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #516 on: <04-25-11/1538:53> »
When Zach looks up the route...how dangerous is it...
on the scale from 1=rosegarden / 5=pit-fights arena?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #517 on: <04-25-11/1543:39> »
metagaming here. for a dude that takes his security so seriously, he doesn't seem to connecting some major dots. serious target recon has been done on him (his apartment has been raided twice!), there is a leak from inside his office (bugs don't just end up inside one guys office in a secure corp facility. to be placed without getting spotted they'd have to be drones or placed by someone that can avoid being seen by their cameras/guards and bypass their security.), and people are probably already watching him.  (this is an entertainment venue.) he's been fed a company line.  (they told him specifically not to do something that makes total sense when you think you are in danger, switch your routes up randomly.)

once Inca can edit his post to include the info i asked about what to do in a worst case scenario concerning the package I'm gonna put my foot down on the route change.  If we follow the route he's been told to take, since someone on the inside knows all of these things and is feeding the info out, we'll be royally fucked if we take it. we already know whoever is chasing this dude's paydata has hackers and muscle/B&E, it's likely they have a mage around for good measure so, we'll be getting hit from astral, matrix, and enemy guns /vehicles. The only question is what serving of each we'll be getting slammed with.

Anyone disagree with my assessment?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #518 on: <04-25-11/1546:55> »
well, I was saying almost the same loudly in IC :D

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #519 on: <04-25-11/1548:06> »
well, I was saying almost the same loudly in IC :D
That's why I'm spelling it out here and giving you total props brah ;p
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #520 on: <04-25-11/1550:40> »
Sounds about right...
and it really does sound like he could be a decoy too, but that won't make him less of a target. Also doesn't change the job. Question is, is the software the job or is the guy? (Of course he'll say it's him, but the company's paying, not him.)
Also, 5k for a 51k car? That's just insulting! :p

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #521 on: <04-25-11/1604:01> »
Being the decoy makes him more of target, I suppose. Like when you have "hit me" stampo on your forehead.
But we are expecting this, are we not?
And if the car is worht that money, it would not be damaged too much...lets hope :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #522 on: <04-25-11/1616:29> »
Metagame: Yeah, but like I said, Odyssey Multimedia is a startup company that's not even a AA.  They probably don't even have much at all in actual real estate assets except an office in some building.  Imagine them more like a Catalyst Inc. and most of their assets are probably matrix.  Probably most programmers work from home.  Nonetheless, a lot of times it's this small guys that make some good developements and then the Mega's just try to steal it.   I just said the nexus cluster was in Everett but I never said that it was a secure corp facility....probably just an office with a bunch of nexus nodes wired together.  Whatever package this guy has hidden he has definitely hidden quite well.  Also remember that not every piece of information that a Mega wants is gonna be worth them funding a full out response that could potentially blow up in their faces.  They do a complex cost benefit analysis and then dish out only as much money to get what they want until it becomes no longer worth it.  I mean, if he all of a sudden had the cure for VITAS on his hands then shit, they'd probably just hire 5 shadowrun teams and just kidnap him and torture him.....but maybe this little advancement that Odyssey Multimedia developed is just something pretty cool and not something of earth shattering importance.  ......but then just remember.....nothing wets a Mega's appetite than the perception that other Mega's want something too...or if it starts looking nice and shiny...then maybe they start dishing out a little bit more to get it.... ;)  ...make sense guys? 

In any case, you guys also gotta remember that I wanna keep this UB-style so some of the scenario is kind of locked in place already.  If this was a full blown run i'd sandbox it a lot more.  So just to give you guys a little more direction as to what i'm gonna rail and what is open:  This intro sequence should be more focused on negotiating price, and then after the meet you have until basically the next evening to prepare.  You could prepare a different route, but then i'm probably just gonna end up having the encounter start just the same.  However, changing the route could potentially affect a few variables like lighting, wifi, terrain.  Maybe Wagner feels like he'd have the upper hand on rougher roads.  I'm just saying, I don't want people to get super invested in some elaborate route planning and then when you run into some shit be like "OH COME ON!"  lol.  I mean the point in UB is for you to basically run into some shit....so maybe that initial shit you can't avoid, but then the shit that comes after that is all you.

I'm just saying this cuz i wanna move the prep along and get to the actual UB4 scenario. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #523 on: <04-25-11/1624:27> »
1. Yeah...and sometimes a simple buyout and takeover is better tactict than hiring runners and shotting at the people. I think that we dont heve to expect baenshees..but better we are ready for it.

2. Dont wory. Just RP a bit, but with the info I have I think that the fastest route would be the one he prooses, and that I would tell to team. But still we would have prepared scenario to get away from there and tactics for the Highway exit points...

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #524 on: <04-25-11/1628:46> »
... funny, when roleplaying, "come on, let's just skip to the combat" pops into my mind occasionally.
And here we've got potential combat, and we all start roleplaying? :p
Still doesn't mean I want my car all beat up though.

-- Thanks Inca for pointing out Wagner's Signal 5+ECCM5 means he's still got signal.