NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #360 on: <04-06-11/1426:40> »
I doesnt to be exact, ok. just wanted to say that it was just a moment since the fight begins and we have some time before SWAT hits the road. Still...
WE NEED TO KEEP MOVING, we may spended a lot of money for doctors yet we didnt even earn our payment ;)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #361 on: <04-06-11/1458:43> »
alright gents, if you've checked the IC, i assume you've seen we have a possible easy ending. so meta gaming gents what do you think? I'm inclined to take the deal. we get the girl, the mage walks, (fight's over no lasting grudge, professional courtesy. with the explicit understanding that if they fuck around while we can still see them they're dead, and if we rub shoulders again not as friends, they'll die.) we clean up and steal everything in sight, we're gone in 5-6 minutes. what do you guys say?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #362 on: <04-06-11/1507:20> »
alright gents, if you've checked the IC, i assume you've seen we have a possible easy ending. so meta gaming gents what do you think? I'm inclined to take the deal. we get the girl, the mage walks, (fight's over no lasting grudge, professional courtesy. with the explicit understanding that if they fuck around while we can still see them they're dead, and if we rub shoulders again not as friends, they'll die.) we clean up and steal everything in sight, we're gone in 5-6 minutes. what do you guys say?

We stay with the girl, he walks away. And he would be tripple checked before he leaves. I still expect the unexpected...some mojo doll in the shape of that girl or possibly a disguised killer spirit...But I vote for it. It is not necessary to kill another hired professional, that is not what we are paid for...

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #363 on: <04-06-11/1637:09> »
I'm not deciding on that one...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #364 on: <04-06-11/1650:51> »
How would we be able to recognize if it is not a trap or fake? I have no idea what mages are capable of...and like i said...i dont trust him at all...me being on his place, I would be glad to get the deal like that, but on the other side, I would also think how to screw us...

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #365 on: <04-06-11/1702:27> »
I'm at  -5 to everything so it would be possible to fool me. And I don't feel comfortable enough in any position to decide. Sorry if I'm not helping, but Stryker wouldn't be able to do that either in this situation and the state he's in.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #366 on: <04-06-11/1717:32> »
No worries. You have done more than enought, saving my life, slowing that katana boy. We should try to handle it on our own.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #367 on: <04-08-11/0549:37> »
Playground is yours :)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #368 on: <04-08-11/1401:18> »
Inca, if he gets killed, will the Watchers stay, or will they dissipate?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #369 on: <04-08-11/1507:28> »
@Kot:  Ya, once he dies, then watchers go free....all spirits go free.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #370 on: <04-08-11/1628:15> »
@IC: Next time Ill put my helmet on Ill have my breakfast ready :D

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #371 on: <04-08-11/1716:40> »
 @Zach: Wow, so you're taking the corpses with you...a heavy ass Street Sam.  Well ok.  You're the only one with shadowing....so I'll say he's the one who's directing you when to move from alley to alley for when the coast is clear.  I'll just fold all little things you could think of to keep a low profile into Zach's shadowing roll.  I'm a little confused as to who's going where.  From what I understood you guys are infact separating, Brick & Stryker gone off to ork underground with girl.....but I noticed that Zach doesn't have any contacts at all.....so I mean, you can have O.R.C.A. in your background, but when you actually need favors from them, you just don't have a working relationship with any of them.  So you can't just show up and be like "help me"....or if you do, you're at their mercy.  So the best bet is you go with the rest of the team cuz Brick has a contact in the underground which he actually spent BP on.   Since you do have the ORCA safe houses knowledge skill you can find them, you just don't have anyone their who's name you could drop and get help and then you'd have to rely on some social tests that i'd set up.

So it'll just be one shadowing roll for all of you with Zach directing it if you guys go together.  Otherwise Brick & Stryker have to make their own shadowing roll to take the girl to the ork underground.  Regardless of little details you come up with to hide the girl, i'm just assuming in this roll that you're trying everything you can to hide her, but if you don't have shadowing, you just never trained to blend in and become inconspicuous so you gotta just rely on defaulting on your intuition.  Moving corpses and hostages around isn't a cakewalk.  Just from a metagaming perspective, i thought you guys would probably deal with the whole Razor girl issue up at the apartment once bad guys were neutralized, but you took a different path, and that's cool but since i'm also reacting to what you guys chose i'm gonna leave it up to rolls to decide.

Let me know what you guys decide.  Once you all decide, Zach should do the shadowing roll over and you can add a +1 since it's night time, and another +1 cuz it's less patrolled streets.  So remember, i'm just folding anything your characters could think of to do into these shadowing rolls.  I'll just roll a KE perception roll and if the result is equal to or greater then they smell something fishy and they'll ask questions.
« Last Edit: <04-08-11/1729:11> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #372 on: <04-08-11/1856:20> »
Shadowing? Not Infiltration? I thought Infiltration is Sneakiness, and Shadowing if for working as a tail, and being unseen by the mark... I have Infiltration, Watchers and skill in Security Procedures... I think with Zach's mapsoft help I could lead that.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #373 on: <04-08-11/2013:27> »
Well, infiltration is agility based....so for me that means that it's the actual detailed art of physically moving so you don't make sound or don't get seen.  Shadowing is intuition based and for me that's moving around so that you're "unnoticed"....people might see you and hear you but they don't care because you're not standing out.  Like you know not to sweat the homeless dwarf in the alley because he won't snitch...but you do know to watch out for KE fixed cameras and you know where they tend to be located.   Imagine a detective who has really shitty agility cuz he's like an old troll, but he's super good at following people or moving several blocks unnoticed because he knows the right distance, the right following distance and way of carrying himself so that he just doesn't arouse suspicion. 

I guess the best way i'd break it down is that if you're only trying to be sneaky over a short distance and the action has zoomed in on a very specific event/maneuver....then ya, moving across an alley without kicking a can or something is important and that would make sense to make it Infiltration + Agility.  But if you're following someone over several city blocks and the roll needs to be used to describe a lot of different actions that aren't being roleplayed, then Shadowing+Intuition I feel is the skill that needs to be used.  Otherwise you could just always substitute Infil for Shadowing and the latter skill would become useless to buy at character creation.  It also says that infil and shadowing can be used at GM's descretion instead of a perception test to detect someone using those skills on you. 

In your particular case, it's gonna be impossible to drag a corpse around and try to be stealthy in an infiltration type of way.  It's not about how fast and agily you can drag that corpse across a street......it's knowing the right timing and having a good feel for people's attention spans and whether or not they look distracted to tell you the right moment to come out of the alley and drag the corpse with you at a more leasurely pace.  That's why shadowing is intuition based.

So just for future reference.....basically for me as a guideline, Infiltration=short distances/specific movements.....Shadowing=larger distances/more abstract series of several maneurvers over this distance. 
« Last Edit: <04-08-11/2017:37> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #374 on: <04-09-11/0327:37> »
Yup. Shadowing is at the place. Infiltration is about getting somewhere unnoticed, fool the sensors etc. Shadowing is about folowing and being not followed, if you understand what I mean.

Well, without that corpse on ymy back I would be happy to just leave without hesitation, but with the corpse, I was looking for the first hide out. Maybe when I got there I sould call Brick to ask his contact for help....And I even dont know if I find that place, because I got only 2 hits...ANd hell, It is not like some elf walk in the doors, Im just another ork...with the corpse bound to his back ok. :)

The other thing: Even if it is hiden in some dark back alley and with chameleon coating on, My chopper is staying there in the rain. Not that this would hurt it...but if I dont drive it away now, I wont be here when I come back. We should think something out...

And...anyhow...I would like to keep that roll, I would not be so lucky for a second time.

OK. I think Ill think out something. I should still walk with Brick and Stryker, pushing the bike at my side. Or, if anyone has a contact for someone with the van, this would be even easier.

Hang out to dry SUCKS!!