NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #180 on: <03-09-11/1538:07> »
Just paste the last part marked as BBCode, from bracket to bracket. That's usually enough.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #181 on: <03-09-11/1549:50> »
One important:
This is normaly spokne language

This is PAN comunication, both subvocalized and text

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #182 on: <03-09-11/1558:35> »
awesome. what is that spoken language? (i'm gonna talk to you in Or'zet all the time anyway.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #183 on: <03-09-11/1607:42> »
Or`zet would be OK. Ill try english for some less complicated sentences, but otherwise Ill depend on your translation for this time :) Id have to trust you on this :D

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #184 on: <03-09-11/1611:49> »
First, he's going to summon three Watchers. I have time, and there's not much stress. And Watchers are easy, so can I just buy hits? With a DP of 7 on Summoning and 10 on Drain Resistance I can get the three Watchers easily.

Second, he's going to memorize the picture, and tell his Watchers to look for the woman matching it in every room of the building, except for those that are occupied by Awakened entities - they're to be swift and unseen.

Third, he is going to try and analyze the layout for obvious security points and measures. He has some knowledge on those procedures.
Quote from: Logic(4)+Security Systems(3)
Security Systems roll (7d6.hits(5)=1)

The last thing Stryker is going to do is casting an Invisibility spell at Force 4. As they exit the elevator Stryker will be silent, besides that he's reporting his position to the team via subvoc, if needed. As they can't see him, bumping into the mage would be stressful and present a danger of breaking stealth.
Quote from: Magic(4)+Spellcasting(5), Invisibility at Force 4
Spellcasting: Invisibility at Force 4 (9d6.hits(5)=2) Bah.
Edge re-roll for Spellcasting (7d6.hits(5)=1) Bah^2.
Drain Resistance test (10d6.hits(5)=6) At least that's enough.
The final spell will be at Force 4 with 3 hits. Good, but not good enough.
Infiltration roll (3d6.hits(5)=0) I thought so...

I think I should've taken Bad Luck. It would explain it all...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #185 on: <03-09-11/1616:43> »
Im currious if there are electric cables and fuses for this level in the closet... but ill not move out from the elevator until we got the info about the corridor

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #186 on: <03-09-11/1625:06> »
Or`zet would be OK. Ill try english for some less complicated sentences, but otherwise Ill depend on your translation for this time :) Id have to trust you on this :D
You got it man. I'll try and bridge the language gap  :D
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #187 on: <03-09-11/1626:43> »
I hope not too much ends "Lost in the translation" :D

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #188 on: <03-09-11/1700:32> »
EDIT: OK...looks like it needs extended test:

Setting an elevator to go down for (doors height -15cm)...then stop

Im trying to do some serious damage if I understand it right, so threshold is 12, like Im trying to repair it. Interval I dont know. I have superrior tools (Electronics Toolkit) and Im working from memory -(5-3=2)

Extended test for rewiring the elevator: Logic(3)+Hardware(2)+Superrior tools(1)-From memory(2) (4d6.hits(5)=0, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2)

Hell if I wrote number of rolls 15 it would be 15 rolls to get those succeses... :)
« Last Edit: <03-09-11/1703:06> by Sichr »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #189 on: <03-10-11/1622:50> »
Ok, that's another point:

4.  Put your rolls inside the IC thread.  OOC is for metagaming discussions that go more than a sentence or two long.  Use italics to put it in your post.

[OOC: just like this....put rolls in here]

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #190 on: <03-10-11/1744:13> »
OK, done :)
Ubung machen meister

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #191 on: <03-11-11/1758:10> »
since we haven't claified our status presently, so everyone knows, I've got my weapons with me, but they are not openly in my hands. refer to this to know what gear i have and where.

Panther XXL (carried in a quick draw holster, that looks like a large duffel bag)
ingram smartgun (slung on his body out of sight, but in reach)
monofilament sword (concealed under his coat)
both knives (kept in his pants pockets)
shock glove (kept in his coat pocket)

what's in the pack
medkit rating 6
trama patch
stimpatch rating 4
flashbangs
smoke grenades
smartjammer rating 6 (sync'd to his pan for quick activation as necessary)
rope 100m

ammo
4x 19 round clips of assault cannon ammo. 76 rnds
3 clip of 40 rounds stick and shock 160 rnds
2 clip of 40 rounds apds 80 rnds
2 clip of 40 rounds ex explosive 80 rnds
2 clips of 40 regular ammo 80 rnds
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #192 on: <03-11-11/1802:47> »
Doesn't that mean "practice master"?  And wouldn't you write it Ubungmachenmiester lol?  Wouldn't I be the Spielmeister? 

Ok here's another point:

5.  If you don't specifically declare (IC or OOC) in a post that "something" is in a certain "state", then i'll usually just assume for it to be in a "normal" state, the last state it was in, or what i deem for it's state to be.  If you want something in a "special" state, then you have to make it explicit. 
Examples:
--If you don't specifically say you're concealing a weapon you're holding, i.e. "I have my SMG slung under my trench coat so that it's somewhat concealed"...then i'm just gonna assume it's quite visible unless you specifically bought a "concealed" holster for it. 
--If you never said your face was covered by a bandana, mask,or something, then it's exposed for everyone to see and ID.  If a full armor helmet is part of your armor then i'll assume your face is covered.
--My SMG is in FA mode.  Just for simplicity, i'll assume all weapon's are in SA mode to begin with unless you state otherwise. 
--Chameleon suits are only on if you turn them on, weapons are ready if you drew them and say you have them ready.  If you don't state the drawn state of your weapon, then i'm gonna assume that it's in the state it was in when you entered the building which is holstered.
--You gotta tell me what programs you have loaded and which are in memory. 
--Which Foci you have activated
--Where are spirits you control: on standby in the metaplanes, in astral space or materialized.  I'll assume standby when you haven't said anything else.
--I'll assume your PAN's are on public if you are a SINner, and hidden if you have a fake SIN unless you otherwise specify. 

If in doubt, ask.  The list goes on and on and you can't think of everything, so when we come to something that you haven't specified, i'll be the one who decides what state it's in.  This is very much like real life....unless I consciously state to the universe where my glasses are i.e. on my nose or in my pocket....then the universe has a funny way of deciding for me where my glasses are and it always baffles me how the HELL they got there!!  Sorry, i just spent a while looking for my glasses. 

Just be mindful of this because this is a HUGE part of strategy and makes the game a lot funner for people who really like combat strategy and I don't want to bulldoze over this nice detail.  You should pay a little price for not planning ahead well enough and book keeping is not really a problem in slowing down PbP...that's the advantage of this format.  Also with PbP, if I forget that you declared something, you can always point back to it and then I gotta fix my mistake.
« Last Edit: <03-11-11/1809:56> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #193 on: <03-12-11/0228:00> »
@Sichr:

Bring your last comment into the OOC thread and delete it from the IC thread.  It's just you said that you'd "Listen to the doors 501,..." so I assumed that you walked to each door and you even rolled an infiltration test so it just seemed to me like you intended to move.  For now we'll just assume that you moved and next time you roll an infiltration test tell me more specifically what you're actually doing.

Also roll initiative.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #194 on: <03-12-11/0550:24> »
Erm, Inca, I'm invisible. :)

Quote from: Surprise and Initiative tests: Intuition(5)x2-2
Astral Surprise roll (11d6.hits(5)=2)
Astral Initiative (8d6.hits(5)=1) Did you expect something better? I didn't.

Stryker has his sword - in hand now, that he's in the Astral - his Manhunter, with the same loadout that he had in the first scenario, and pretty much the same equipment as then.
« Last Edit: <03-12-11/0601:23> by Kot »