NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #90 on: <01-07-11/1915:52> »
brick's starting neyen (3d6.hits(5)=0) (4,1,4) 450 neyen (i know i did the format wrong, but whatever.)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #91 on: <01-07-11/1927:41> »
Yes. I'll just wait for Brick's response, and we can get to it.
I have enough services to cover both Influence and Guard, and one additional Medicine teamwork roll. That'll be all i can cover at the moment, if i want to be in top form for the FA and Spellcasting rolls - my next Summoning could get worse, than those two...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #92 on: <01-08-11/0129:06> »
I'll say that whoever does the cut can roll an Agility test and 1/2 (round down) the hits from this are added to the street docs ultimate roll if he guided you right.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #93 on: <01-08-11/0619:22> »
Brick and Styker consult each other the doctor and the spirits on how to best proceed
OOC:teamwork roll breakdown: brick 4 dice (with edge), styker 5 dice, both spirits adding 3 each for a total of 6 =to 15 dice.  (15d6.hits(5)=3)

after they agree on what to do brick takes his karambit in hand and prepares to cut the child open. OOC: Brick's agility roll for the cut only 1/2 successes count. (5d6.hits(5)=3)
I think that it doesn't work like that, unfortunately.
It should be:
Bricks main roll with 4 dice+Medkit(6)+Edge (can he share the MedKit with Stryker, or will the mage have to use his own?)
+Stryker's hits from Log(4)+FirstAid(1)+Medkit(6 or 2)-1= 10 or 6, depends on the medkit
+Guidance Spirit's deafulting(3) hits
+ew. Stryker's Magic(4)+Spellcasting(5)=9 roll on the Heal spell.

I understand that if our hits count as bonus dice to Brick's pool, he gets exploding dice on those if he spends edge. :)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #94 on: <01-08-11/1131:38> »
Ya, i mean, i'm gonna have to rule on this anyways cuz it's not a standard thing one does.  The way we did it was that other people can contribute to the process of doing the procedure with knowledge in the field of anatomy.  Really it makes more sense if people can't default on this because it's very specialized knowledge but just to throw you guys a bone, i said everyone can contribute.  The doc issues instructions over AR, both audio and AR visual aids.  Maybe a really good rating 6 medkit has software in it that would even provide a pair of AR surgeon hands that show you in 3d what he wants you to do.  Then Stryker is actually onsite and his Firstaid skill will help Brick even more.  Then brick also needs to know something about human anatomy...at least the basic idea of "cutting with the grain of the muscle than against it" or what not that common people would know...if he didn't know that stuff he would have a higher chance of messing it up.  Then the spirits help with the assensing and also with any otherworldly knowledge they might have.  Then the cherry on the cake is that if Brick has a steady hand then it'll go better, so that's how the 1/2 hits on Agility comes in. 

When Teyl rolled it last night, he just added up all those and rolled it to see the bonus teamwork gave to the doc.  It was easier to roll it all together but i forgot about rule of six.  I'll say you can take 1 six out of the list of 15 dice and reroll it to see if it generates another hit.  I'll roll it right here: edge rule of six reroll for Brick: (1d6.hits(5)=1).  So it stays at a +4 to the doc's dicepool. 

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #95 on: <01-08-11/1203:11> »
Okay. Then what now? Are we waiting for a roll and your posting, or should i post?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #96 on: <01-08-11/1235:54> »
we are on standby for Inca to roll for the doctor and show us what happens next.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #97 on: <01-09-11/0327:15> »
Nice job guys!  You finished the scenario and got Tabby out alive!

Each of you get a base of 7 Karma.  2 Karma to Brick for pwning 3 hellhounds.  2 Karma to Stryker for playing a pivotal role in saving Tabby and then 1 Karma since you didn't know how to build a combat mage well but you made it through. 
That's also 1000 nuyen each. 

Now i'll start setting up the next scenario!

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #98 on: <01-09-11/0650:38> »
Yay! A few things i'd like to do.

Roleplaying:
1. Stryker is indebted to the spirits. That's the equivalent of four Services to return to each of them. I'd like to get your opinion on what they'd expect of him.
2. He's living in gang territory. Now he could pay a part (or all) of his fee by serving as a community healer. Especially if he gets to learn the Medicine skill.

1. First, i'd like to pay up in person, and thank the doc also. And get her to teach Stryker Medicine (four Karma points) - in return he'd work for her, and use his magic to heal any minor cases. The kid wants to know how to do more than just kill people, especially since this run taught him that he can't even do that right.
2. After that (and while he learns) he's going to practice his magic focus, scaring the hell out of his neighbors with his nightly routines, to purchase the Combat specialty for Spellcasting (two Karma points). That's the part when he tries to get more useful in a fight.
3. Get someone to teach him Enchanting (also four Karma points). He needs to get self-sufficient, or at lest to find another source of income. Besides, that's the 'being a better mage' part of his training.

Nuyen:
1. Get an OS for his commlink. It doesn't have to be legal. For example, a pirated Redcap Nix (300 NY, -20% for being 'stolen', that's 240 NY)
2. Get some basic programs. Like the Basic User suite, also pirated. (300 NY, -20%, also 240 NY)
3. Get a Scan 3 program, cracked. 150 NY, doesn't have to be with a discount.
4. Get some gear: Medkit refill (50 NY), R2 Microphone (subvocal, 100 NY), Survival Kit (he lives in the Barrens, 100 NY), R4 StimPatch (returned to Brick, 100 NY). A total of 350 NY
5. If possible, upgrade his MedKit to R4 for 200 NY.
That would leave him with 50 NY only, or 250 if he can't upgrade the MedKit.

P.S. We need reinforcements. Badly. :P

I understand that it will need a few rolls at the least, so i'm waiting for comments.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #99 on: <01-11-11/0137:57> »
P.S. We need reinforcements. Badly. :P
Speaking of re-enforcements If any of the people reading want in.... NOW would be a great time! please feel free to post here if you're looking for work.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

jayhawk1106

« Reply #100 on: <01-11-11/0940:53> »
I just skimmed through this.  What exactly is this?  It didn't look like a standard shadowrun.

What do you guys need?  
« Last Edit: <01-11-11/0944:55> by jayhawk1106 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #101 on: <01-11-11/1120:28> »
A hacker. Or at least someone who can handle basic matrix operations. ;)
And.. this is Urban Brawl! It was made to test characters via challenges, but it seems we have drifted more towards a PBF game.

jayhawk1106

« Reply #102 on: <01-11-11/1124:46> »
Well, my normal runner is a mage.  But I can try making a hacker it no one else wants to.  I'm pretty new so you'd have to bear with me.  lol   :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <01-11-11/1338:46> »
Well, nobody really wanted to PvP, so Urban Brawl is just a scenario....it's not a full shadowrun....just a scenario which tests your combat/shadowrunning skills and since it's done faster you can test out a character for a few weeks.  If not for the holidays, the last one would have taken maybe 3 weeks.  It would be cool if you are able to post a lot because the idea is to go at a fast pace so make sure you are able to post at least everyday if not more.

A hacker would round out the group the best, they wouldn't have had to perform abdominal surgery on a 7 year old little girl with a monofilament sword if they had had a hacker :)

I think it would be cool though to keep a continuous universe so each scenario might somehow be connected to a previous scenario.

« Last Edit: <01-11-11/1341:13> by inca1980 »

jayhawk1106

« Reply #104 on: <01-11-11/1549:23> »
Well, I'm at work right now, so I can't exactly make him now.  So if someone beats me to it, I'd understand.  But I'll try and make a Hacker and post him if I have time when I get home.   :)