Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1320 on: <01-23-12/1412:48> »
 :o

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1321 on: <01-24-12/1021:12> »
She actually doesn't have access to Zach's memories and skills.

Before i roll the grenade throw i should put down a map. 

@Brick:
The only cover here is trees, and you're pretty big, so you have partial cover (+2)

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1322 on: <01-24-12/1024:35> »
That's fine. I'll keep it in mind. What if I go prone voluntarily?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1323 on: <01-24-12/1229:42> »
Technically you would need to grab the grenade before throwing it and that would require two simple actions.  I'll wave that right now and just impose a -1 penalty on the throw. 

Also everyone remember that if you don't declare that you are holding an action, then you lose the action.  Brick explicitly declared it so he's cool.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1324 on: <01-24-12/1305:30> »
@Memories: OOps I really missed that "no" in the PM, reading it "She has access to your skills and memories, you are just a prisoner... :)

@Delayed actions: Its not about declaring delayed action in my case. Using Full defense as interupt eats your next Complex action. I always forget that that means you have free action left for use well I gues to take cover I need only one of them. So how far is that grenade?

EDIT: Ah, I see. Is it possible to roll Reaction to jump away, or am I just going to get hit?
« Last Edit: <01-24-12/1309:03> by Sichr »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1325 on: <01-24-12/1430:21> »
Thermo, but if ordered to stun, your spirit would most probably attack me with astral combat, since swe are both dual, and deals stun damage. Whats the problem. You told him to stun zach, didn`t you?

Inca: Is this flashbang Normal weapon? Or should I use standard armor?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1326 on: <01-24-12/1438:21> »
Astral Combat can be either S or P  but that's only against astral forms, otherwise it's just handled normally in the case of dual natured beings.

@Sichr:
Flashbang is normal weapon and you would use the spirit armor.  You still could get affected by the glare of the flash though. 
With the grenade you don't get a reaction cuz he was throwing at the spot you are at.  However, you can move from now until the next IP if your initiative comes before Brick's (which is when the grenade goes off and you just use a free action to move.

@Thermo:
You can only hold an action until the end of the same IP.  You can hold an action through to the next IP but you have to declare it and you lose the normal turn during that IP if you act with your held action.
So right now you just have your third IP's action phase (i.e. 1 complex action 1 free and equivalent). 

Roll init everyone.
« Last Edit: <01-24-12/1443:39> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1327 on: <01-24-12/1445:50> »
So technicaly you say spirit will not follow his masters order ???

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #1328 on: <01-24-12/1448:46> »
shouldn't the grenade go off on Zach's IP is since I used a held action to get rid of it and he's the one who mojo'd it to becoming active? I mean I'd understand if I was the one doing everything to the grenade, but you've always allowed the one IP throwback before, the only difference now is that he didn't throw it at first, he just pulled the pin on his turn and now i'm throwing it to him.

Also what about my turn for this IP? I used the held action to go ahead of my normal turn in the order and throw which is a simple, so I should still have another set of actions for this IP if even just a free and a second simple. 
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1329 on: <01-24-12/1452:43> »
Why would Thunder lose his action in IP 2? He didn't say he was holding his action, he got skipped so Brick could resolve his action with Zach and the grenade.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1330 on: <01-24-12/1456:50> »
Thermo, but if ordered to stun, your spirit would most probably attack me with astral combat, since swe are both dual, and deals stun damage. Whats the problem. You told him to stun zach, didn`t you?

Inca: Is this flashbang Normal weapon? Or should I use standard armor?

Default damage for a summoned beast is stun, you have to give it teeth with a special power. Same for the venom. I was going to summon a bear with noxious breath to knock your ass out.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1331 on: <01-24-12/1953:07> »
So technicaly you say spirit will not follow his masters order ???

agreed...

not to complain, and what's done is done, but next time can I get a roll using animal handling (yeah, I know it's a spirit, but it's a beast spirit), or maybe have the spirit roll int+wil or something?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1332 on: <01-25-12/0219:19> »
SR4A pg. 145:
A character can also delay his action until the next Initiative Pass.
If he had an action in that Initiative Pass, then he automatically loses
it (in place of the delayed action—you only get one action per pass).

So since you held your action from IP1, when you use it in IP2 you lose your action phase for IP2.  The advantage that you get is you can go first before anybody in the next IP and react to things, the balancing aspect is that you can't act anymore for that IP. 

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1333 on: <01-26-12/1644:53> »
@Thermo:
You summon with a complex and then you have to wait until you have a simple on your next turn before you command it.

@Everyone:
roll initiative.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1334 on: <01-29-12/0031:35> »
since the spirit has a higher initiative than Thunderhead, should I assume that it holds its action on the first IP until Thunder's turn when he can give it a command, then it acts immediately?