NEWS

Urban Brawl -- 5th scenario [finished]

• 117 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <07-09-11/1550:52> »
Brick's boosted reflexes twitch him into action before and he assess the situation as his red glowing cyber-eyes narrow to two little pin-points.  He goes for a shot straight at the head of the massive creature who's head is only about 2 meters from the barrel of you his ingram.  As soon as the crosshairs on his smartlink line up he let's go with a strobe-light burst and you stair in amazement as the supernatural beast shifts his horned head to the side with a blur of movement. 

[OOC: Room is low-light visibility.  If you don't have low-light vision then you're at a -1 penalty.  I'll also give you a +2 point blank modifier.  Point Blank (2d6.hits(5)=0).   Reaction (12d6.hits(5)=6).  Misses.  Friendly fire (1d6=2).  I'll roll Edge + Reaction and if you glitch it hits you.  Friendly fire Reaction 5 + Edge 3 = (8d6.hits(5)=3).  Everyone else roll initiative and use Edge to go first if you want to.  I'll wait to act just in case you want to use it cuz he definitely wins the intiative.]

Initiave:  CT1, IP1: Beast 30, Brick 12, Katya 10, Karina 10, Wagner 7
Edge: Brick 2/3, Wagner 3/3

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #16 on: <07-10-11/0340:54> »
Magic(5)+Agility boost(1) (6d6.hits(5)=1)
Agility(5)+HW(2)+Superior Tools(1) (8d6.hits(5)=4) (unbelievable :) )

What the...

Zachs initiative=15:
RE(7)+INT(4) (11d6.hits(5)=4)

He will drop the toolkit, releases Claw from his arm slide and takes defensive guard:
Magic(5)+Strenght Boost(1) (6d6.hits(5)=2)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #17 on: <07-11-11/1744:15> »
Quote from: Initiative Roll
Reaction(6)+Inuition(5)-Wounds(2) (9d6.hits(5)=1)
Stryker's bloodshot eyes fixed on the creature, and his blood almost boiled with raw Mana churned even more.
"How the nine metaplane hells does this stuff happen to me? Am I cursed, or what?"
He took a sharp, painful breath and before the bullets Brick sprayed even reached their target, he directed all the Mana he could muster towards the creature, trying to break its bond with the material realm, and force it back to the metaplane it came from...
Quote from: Banishing attempt
1 Edge to go 'first' - in this case second, as Brick has higher Initiative.
Magic(4)+Banishing(2)+Edge(3)-Wounds(2) (7d6.hitsopen(5,6)=3)
Drain Resistance (10d6.hits(5)=6)
« Last Edit: <07-12-11/0412:26> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <07-14-11/1135:23> »
@Stryker:

[OOC: banishing resist: (10d6.hits(5)=5).  It failed and that's 10P of drain incoming, you resist 6, so you take 4P.]

Since this creature is not bound by duty to any caster and is free in the world you know it's gonna be that much harder to banish back to whence it came but you give it your best shot.  In your mind you begin to struggle and wrestle with it's anchor to the physical and astral planes.  The beast notices and fights back with a force you have never felt before.  The jolt from the mana-backlash sends you flying off your feet into the wall and you see the beast turn so that it is squarely facing you and its eyes narrow. 

[OOC: Beast Swipe: Agility 11 + Unarmed 10 = (21d6.hits(5)=6).  That's a -2 to defense for prone.  The base damage of the swipe is 10P.]

Up until now everyone's been able to keep the sound down to a minimum but you cringe as the beast lets out a massive roar which you hope to god was muffled by insulation of the maglock door.  It pulls it's claw back and brings it down hard straight at Stryker. 

Zach has a simple action left and can act now.
Initiave:  CT1, IP1: Beast 30, Zach 15, Brick 12, Stryker 10, Katya 10, Karina 10, Wagner 7
Edge: Brick 2/3, Wagner 3/3, Stryker 1/3
« Last Edit: <07-25-11/1503:49> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #19 on: <07-14-11/1139:33> »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <07-14-11/1148:06> »
The claw comes down hard and two of the beasts digits impale your teammate Stryker right through the torso as he gasps....but doesn't scream.  The young mage looks down at his torso, as if knowing that someday this would be the price of putting your life on the line and selling your services for cred.  Grasping to understand why any of this happened he slips slowly into unconsciousness as blood begins to ooze and gurgle out from between his lips.

[OOC: That was 13P on top of the 4P you suffered, so you're at -7 overflow damage and that means you're dead unless you wish to burn edge.  So since it seems you don't wanna do that, we'll retire Stryker.  Everyone except Stryker of course also make a composure test if you haven't already, add either your street cred or notoriety as positive modifiers to reflect the shit you've seen helping you deal with this.  The threshold is (2).] 
« Last Edit: <07-14-11/1200:00> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <07-14-11/1223:33> »
The beast just stands there with his claw plunged through Stryker's chest.  It looks down at the young mage as if savoring what it had just done.  Suddenly you see his limp body begin to convulse as he goes into shock and a milky red foam begins to start seeping down his chin as he jerks to and fro held into place by the massive claw pinning him to the floor.  Just as it slowly comes to a rest and then ceases completely, something happens which causes everyone, the beast included, to simply gaze in amazement. 

A glowing light which starts at first as little flicker emanating from Stryker begins to grow and grow and pushes aside the darkness of the utility room and illuminates it until you almost need to squint.  On either side of the young Scandinavian you see two forms begin to take shape from the light and Brick immediately recognizes them as similar in appearance to a Wise One and and an Eternal One yet far far more intense in the energy they emit.  With an etheriel voice they both speak in unison, their gazes locked on to the Beast. 

"This Young One is protected by the Dark Queen.  You may have taken his body and that should be enough to quench your thirst you fiend, but you cannot have his soul.  We cannot standby and allow this to pass.  This boys noble soul we will take with us and sit him at his rightful place in the mead halls of Valhalla.  Asura, lesser demon from the pits of Helheim; You know that now is not your time to run amok in this world, that is not for another few millennia.   That you have managed to enter the world of man by exploiting the conduit between this Young One and one of our other children is inconsequential.  However clever that might have been, we both know it is your time to return."

With that the light of the room begins to envelope the beast who appears angered yet resigned.  The brightness begins to grow so bright not even flare-compensation is enough to dim it and you must close your eyes. 

When you all open them up again the room is once again quiet and dark save for the glowing green maglock which shines enough light so that you can see the Stryker's corpse on the floor up against the wall, two gaping wounds pouring blood which by now has coated almost half the uitility room.  There is no sign of the beast as far as you can tell.  You do not detect any alerts as far as you can tell.  Hopefully that roar did not give your location away.

Sixth World is a hell of a mind fuck.

[OOC: roll a visual perception test with appropriate visibility modifiers.  Still roll the composure test too.]
« Last Edit: <07-14-11/1359:52> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #22 on: <07-14-11/1840:58> »
composure test threshold (2) charisma 2 + willpower 3= 5 (5d6.hits(5)=1) (OOC: damn it...) + 2 notoriety to composure test! (2d6.hits(5)=1)  (OOC: total of 2 hits!)
visual perception test intuition 5 + vision mods 3=8 (8d6.hits(5)=3)

Brick watches as stryker's mentor spirits banish the foreboding spirit with restrained awe. He then kneels down to what's left of strykers body. Sub vocally @ team>>"Poor Bastard. Worst luck of anyone I've ever met. I hope you're in a better place now kid." Brick closes Stryker's eyes and immediately starts emptying his pockets and removing any of his gear that seems salvageable putting everything in what's left of the kid's backpack. "we can split up his gear later, the questions are now, 1. Should we pack his body out too? 2. Do we abort the run or keep going? I think we can still pull this off and with only 3 of us we all just got a 2000 cred bonus... either way we need to figure it out asap cause I have a feeling we're gonna be getting company soon either way." Brick looks to the others waiting for their responses.
« Last Edit: <07-14-11/2158:44> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <07-15-11/0211:26> »
5d6.hits(5)=3
Quote from: ooc
I cannot login for IC here, so this test is not linked to my account. still, it stands as it is...

KMFDM
We have work to do here. So lets keep moving. If we would be able to, we can take him later. If not...well...it would only slow us down.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #24 on: <07-15-11/0545:23> »
"What the fuck just happened? I almost..."
He looked at the blood spatters on the ceiling, his gaze followed the spray of blood back to Stryker's body and remained fixed on it.
"How can you even think about money now?"
Of the three of them, he was the only one who knew exactly how close they'd just come to almost certain death. He'd been a split second away from ordering his doberman to detonate its entire clip of high explosive grenades.

[OOC: Composure (9d6.hits(5)=3)
Int 4, Perception 1 (5d6.hits(5)=1)
]

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <07-15-11/2021:55> »
"I can think about money now because that's the only reason we're here. He's dead, that crazy frigging demon is gone, and if we don't get it in gear we might be next, now we can cut our losses pop smoke and punch out, or we can focus on the reason we're here, and get paid. so you tell me brother, what do you want to do? Cause the clock is ticking."
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <07-16-11/0825:51> »
Zach picks up the toll set and continues his work on the maglock...

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #27 on: <07-16-11/0838:12> »
"Okay okay. You American have funny way of thinking but I understand."

He watched Zach's clumsy work with the maglock and rolled his eyes.

"Looks like you need my help anyway."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <07-19-11/1234:06> »
You manage to bypass the maglock without alerting security as far as you can tell. 

[OOC: Wagner's Security procedures: Security Design 5 + 5 Logic + 1 PuSHeD + 1 Encephalon = (12d6.hits(5)=4)]

Wagner quickly uses his smartlink to peer around the corner of the door and he reports 3 ceiling turret housings.  Most likely activated by motion sensor. 

[OOC: To get past motion sensors, each person who enters the hallway must move crazy slowly and it's an Infiltration + Agility (3) test with a negative dicepool modifer equal to the number of extra IP's you have.  So someone with 2 IP's would have a -1 to this test since they're ramped for speed.  Drones that don't have covert ops autosoft don't know how to do this.  If you roll a Logic + Software test i'll let you use the hits scored as a dicepool for the drones.   The test is valid for moving anywhere within the map i've just drawn.  If you go into the hallway at the T-intersection, then you'll have to make another test like this one.  As well as a perception test.  If you trip the motion sensor i'll decide where you were when you tripped it. ]
« Last Edit: <07-19-11/1356:27> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <07-19-11/1533:59> »
Brick's eyes narrow. (@ wagner)"Anything you can do about it?"

(OOC: Do we even need to leave this space? if the building has wireless access couldn't we hack in to their systems from here and get the data, shut down their security, something of that nature?)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm