NEWS

[SR5] Multi-Agent Decking

• 3 Replies

Razhul

• Omae
« on: <09-04-13/1735:38> »
Has anyone tried yet to use a ton of agents in SR5? I remember it being very powerful in SR4. Say, if you meet a group of enemies, you put in Virtual Machine, Fork and then fill the rest of the slots with just Agents.

Then, Agents x 2 targets get Data Spiked or what-have-you. I understand that this will quickly build OS as all of them belong to the same Cyberdeck. However, they could even run teamwork test etc. It's like a small army of friends to help?

Anyone thought about this or tried this and have feedback?

Ninjacop

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <09-05-13/1219:49> »
I tried it and due to my high initiative and the agents high initiative most of the combat turned into "What are me and my agents gonna do now?". Looking back it was crazy efficient, allowing me to smash through hosts with no problems but I can't say whether your GM or the other players in your group will be happy with you taking so many turns.
You’re a shadowrunner. You run in the shadows. You don’t run in plain sight.  That’s why we don’t call you a plain-fucking-sight-runner.

delroland

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-16-13/0257:44> »
Also bear in mind that if one abuses broken tactics too badly, the GM will start using those tactics against the group (i.e. now every security rigger uses a bajillion agents too!).

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-16-13/1533:31> »
On a more benign level, you could use this to quickly sift through Silent running icons (as per p.236). I know that randomly looking at each one takes a long while. Using Fork + multiple agents can significantly reduce the time to find the icon you want.