NEWS

[SR5] Hold-outs and accessories

• 18 Replies

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #15 on: <08-29-13/1311:43> »
I assume specific rule over general rule, although hell if I know the proper order of operation... Hell, is that even a rule in SR?
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #16 on: <09-16-13/0258:23> »
doesn't say they can't take em either....

Holdout does not have any mount points. But you can buy spare clip for them. And holsters. And.....

*Opens a cannister of IRL powder, and sprinkles generously*

A mount can be added to darn near anything, really, there just aren't rules for that level of gearheadedness.
You could realistically put a scope on a .25ACP pocket pistol, or a laser under the barrel, but It won't be a pocket pistol with all that stuff on it. Nor does it really make sense, but weapon mounts aren't magic, and don't require a lot of tech to add.
In fact, if you had more money than sense you could probably mount a laser on the bottom(s) of (a) magazine(s). If you reinforce the magazine catch, it may not even cause feed issues. But it's still silly.

Then there are side mounts, which are all the rage -- today -- but not in the game.

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #17 on: <09-16-13/0404:49> »

Please, don't.

It's a game, a game with dragons, magic, super-tech reminiscent of the 80's and game balance issues. The moment you open the Pandora's Box, the dragon dies of massive burns, and the knight gets boiled alive in his armor.

What I asked for is RAW & RAI, not IRL. For God's sake, I'm a lawyer, the moment I open the canister the game stops being fun for good.
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #18 on: <09-16-13/0450:36> »

Please, don't.

It's a game, a game with dragons, magic, super-tech reminiscent of the 80's and game balance issues. The moment you open the Pandora's Box, the dragon dies of massive burns, and the knight gets boiled alive in his armor.

Heh. I'm not disagreeing on that point, and thought I had made that concession clear, as well as that I realized that my comments were tangential. Sorry, in either case.