NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

• 377 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #315 on: <06-13-17/0044:18> »
Well I'm glad someone remembers better than I do. Rednblack is right that Doberman B is wasted and Doberman A has a chunk out of it. However, since this is Shiriki's rotodrone, the ammo is SnS and the base damage code is 6P(e) against the drones (P instead of S because electricity vs. drones). That takes Doberman B to 14P (wasted), and Doberman A to 0 Armor and 4P.

@Glorious "no armor" is pretty metal but I'm not going to stop you. I also would suggest that your bioware arms would apply in this situation. I know it's not technically "hand-eye coordination" when you're frolicking in the snow in the dark, but I would have allowed it.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
Swoopy3Medium0S 6P451 of 3-2 wounds
#10 - greater fire spirit3Short to Dragon, Medium to the others0S 0P6 + Immunity 3GMGMbetween Dragon and main squad
#7 - Doberman A3-6P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1235 of 6
#3 - male human2-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#2 - female human0-0S 0P4GMGMSMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Medium0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
#4 - human female4-13S 0P0GMGMKO, SMG
#5 - male ork0-12S 0P0GMGMKO, LMG
#8 - Doberman B1-16P0 + Armor 1GMGMKO, assault rifle
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next steps
@MDMann Action to Dan-Dan at Initiative 2. You dispatched the ice elemental so you are free to pick a new target.
« Last Edit: <06-13-17/1708:23> by Tecumseh »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #316 on: <06-13-17/1337:23> »
Well I'm glad someone remembers better than I do. Rednblack is right that Doberman B is wasted and Doberman A has a chunk out of it. However, since this is Shiriki's rotodrone, the ammo is SnS and the base damage code is 6P(e) against the drones (P instead of S because electricity vs. drones). That takes Doberman B to 14P (wasted), and Doberman A to 0 Armor and 4P.

It was Shiriki's turn, not the roto-drone's.  Machine guns are down to 1 attack left.  I believe my original damage codes are correct.

The post that says it's Shiriki's turn is here: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=26032.msg489349#msg489349
There's a discussion of using the assault cannon that follows.

I'm going to wait to post ICly until I get confirmation that this is correct.
« Last Edit: <06-13-17/1340:24> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #317 on: <06-13-17/1659:48> »
Good to see the forums are back up.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #318 on: <06-13-17/1706:37> »
Looks like I'm wrong again. Hopefully I don't make a habit of this. Alright, we're knocking the rust off after a unplanned two-week sabbatical.

That means that Doberman B is even more destroyed and that Doberman A is now at 6P with a -2 wound modifier. I'll update the table from my previous post.

Next steps
@MDMann Action to Dan-Dan at Initiative 2.

@rednblack IC at your convenience

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #319 on: <06-14-17/0313:55> »
I'm all guessing soldier 3, "male human" is the one locked in a late night stab fest.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #320 on: <06-14-17/0327:55> »
Not sure of the dice pool jumping into that combat so I'll wait a moment before posting the next half. Dan will still be going sublethal.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #321 on: <06-14-17/1246:55> »
IC posted.  I'm enjoying Glorious' scrap with the UCAS soldier.  Good reading.

How close is Ite to the Dragon at this point?  The rest of the team? 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #322 on: <06-14-17/1257:37> »
If someone or something can dispatch the greater fire spirit then Ité can get to the Dragon.

The distances in the table are accurate (I think) from the perspective of the UCAS soldiers. The Dragon/Shiriki/Chante and Fire Spirit are Far to the soldiers, and would be Short to one another.

I think I'm going to change Swoopy to Short, given his tackle.

@MDMann It would make sense if you wanted to engage with Soldier #3, i.e. Stabby McStabface. If you want to melee with him, you'll get +1 for having friends in melee combat with you and +1 for having a superior position (since you'll be above him). If you want to shoot him you won't get the bonuses (due to the confusion of shooting into a wrestling match, and the difficulty of distinguishing between the two combatants given the snow and active movement). In either situation he'll be at -1 to dodge to being distracted. If your attack misses, I will make Glorious roll to dodge it.

If you want to keep it non-lethal, you could use the butt of your knife (call it 4S base damage) or your Ares Predator loaded with gel rounds. Remember the house rule that assault rifles have a -2 penalty at Short range, so you might not want to use that since you'll be more likely to miss and more likely to hit Dan-Dan as a result.

Let me know if that makes sense or if there are more clarifying questions.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #323 on: <06-14-17/1336:43> »
Makes sense. Close combat it is.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #324 on: <06-14-17/1405:52> »
Go ahead and roll it out. I think you're rolling 12 dice vs. Stabby's Agility 5 + Close Combat 3 - Distracted 1 = 7 dice.

Given your likelihood to win the dice roll, you may want to consider using a plot point to get a Glitch die to possible do something cool with (if you roll an Exploit).

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #325 on: <06-16-17/0018:29> »
Not sure where MDMann wandered off to but I'll presume it has something to do with his newborn.

Dan-Dan
Dan-Dan attack: Close combat: 12d6t5 7 hits, nice
#3 dodge: Defending: 7d6t5 1 hit

That gives Dan-Dan 6 net hits to add to his 4S base, for a total of 10S. The soldier's armor eats that and has 2 boxes remaining. I suppose in this case it would have made more sense to lead with the Physical attack (with a base of 6P) to chew up the armor, since Anarchy doesn't really distinguish between S damage and P damage to armor. But Dan-Dan wanted to stay non-lethal and so we'll stay non-lethal.

#3 - male human
At the same time #3 is getting clubbed, #3 is rolling around with Swoopy. Instead of a negative modifier for being tackled the soldier will have a negative modifier for getting tag-teamed.

#3 Grappling with Swoopy: Strength 4 + Melee 3 - Double Teamed 1: 6d6t5 1 hit

@Glorious Roll your Strength + Close Combat - Wounds roll against 1 hit. As stated previously, I'm find if you use your bioware arms and your armor this time.

#6 - male elf
This guy was shooting Dan-Dan and that still sounds like a good idea so he'll continue. Environmental modifier is -2 instead of -4 since the range is Short.

Shooting Dan-Dan: Agility 6 + Firearms 4 - Environment 2: 8d6t5 3 hits

@MDMann Dodge 3 hits. Base damage is 6P if you don't.

Next
@Jayde Chante is up!

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #326 on: <06-16-17/0124:32> »
Well, the Greater Fire Spirit is all up in Chante's face and it's between her and everyone else and the helicopter.  It's got to go down.

So she drops her Ares Alpha (whats 2K nuyen equipment loss on a mission like this?) and pulls out her Tomahawks.  she's been working with some folks to get these prepared for enchantment, they aren't yet, but she believes in them, let's add Edge to the attack roll, because fuck greater spirits.

So, i'm going to Pre-Edge this roll so it'll be 18 dice and 4's will count as hits.  I'm also going to spend a plot point to get the exploit die, so the last die in the roll will be the exploit die.

This will be against the Spirit's defense of 15 dice.  Let's see how it works out...

Chante dual Tomahawks: AGL 7 + Close Combat 6 + Modifiers 4 + Edge 1: 18d6t4 10 hits, with the Exploit!

Greater Fire Spirit Dodge: AGL 9 + Log 6: 15d6t5 6 hits

That's 4 net hits, added to the base damage of 7P which makes 11.  Hey, one of the exploits is expressly ignore armor!  Don't think I'll go with that one, though.  Rather, I'd like to think that the shock of the attack, which passes through the -3 to shred the actual armor and then do actual damage to the spirit forces it to get hyper defensive, 'dematerializing' on it's next turn and finding a different location to materialize to continue its assault, as it is bound to do.  This will clear the path for at least a few seconds, and buy us a two round reprieve from taking any actual attacks as it dematerializes and then materializes again.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #327 on: <06-16-17/0152:04> »
Sure, that works.

I've debating how to hand the "fire spirit in a snowstorm" issue, given the fire spirit's allergy to water. In this case I'm not going to put any penalties on it but I am going to say that the freezing cold weather does dampen its energy aura and allows Chante to remain unbarbecued while chopping up Efreetiti.

That puts action onto #2, who was firing at the earth spirit the last we checked (I think). Or, in any case, that's what she'll do now.

#2 shooting earth spirit: Agility 5 + Firearms 3 - Conditions 4: 4d6t5 0 hits

Or not. Guess she doesn't hit anything in particular.

I'm going to move the earth spirit to "Far" to represent its progress in dragging Ité. Efreetiti is now back on the astral. That takes us back to the top of the order.

CharacterInitiative     DistanceCondition     ArmorPlot Points     Edge     Notes
Shiriki's rotodrone4Medium0P9 + Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
Swoopy3Short0S 6P451 of 3-2 wounds
#10 - greater fire spirit - Efreetiti     3on astral0S 2P0 + Immunity 3GMGMon astral
#7 - Doberman A3-6P0 + Armor 1GMGM-2 wounds, assault rifle
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)     0S 0P1230 of 2
Dan-Dan2Short0S 0P1235 of 6
#3 - male human2-0S 0P2GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf1-0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Chante0Far (at Dragon)0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#2 - female human0-0S 0P4GMGMSMG
Chante's spirit of earth 2.0    0Far0S 0P12 + Immunity 3      Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Ité YeyΆ0Far?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
#1 - male ork3-17S 0P0GMGMKO
#9 - ice elemental1-0S 17P0 + Immunity 3GMGMKO
#4 - human female4-13S 0P0GMGMKO, SMG
#5 - male ork0-12S 0P0GMGMKO, LMG
#8 - Doberman B1-16P0 + Armor 1GMGMKO, assault rifle
GMN/AN/AN/AN/AGMGM

Next steps
@MDMann Dodge 3 hits. Base damage is 6P if you don't.

@Glorious Roll your Strength + Close Combat - Wounds roll against 1 hit. As stated previously, I'm find if you use your bioware arms and your armor this time. And once you're done, Swoopy can go too.

@rednblack Action to Shiriki's rotodrone.

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #328 on: <06-16-17/1209:03> »
Dodge agility 6 + logic 6: 12d6t5 2 2 hits. So 1 net hit, Dan's armour takes 6 damage.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #329 on: <06-16-17/1335:46> »
Roto-drone will focus its attacks on #2 Female Human.

Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Visibility (2) = 7 dice: 2#7d6t5 2 4
Well, one of those looks pretty solid.

Defense:
AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice.: 2#8d6t5 0 2
Ouch for team UCAS.

First attack hits for 8S, and the second for 8S as well.  That's a combined 16S which is just enough to put her down, I believe.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal