NEWS

Alea Iacta Est (OOC)

• 377 Replies

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #225 on: <05-06-17/0746:16> »
I should look to get a cat familiar with rolls like that. Of course it would do whatever it wanted...

Remember to be nonlethal if we can. Flashbang might be effective. I assume the soldiers are the booted and suited squad?

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #226 on: <05-06-17/1456:01> »
Ok, I was adding stat blocks ala 5E (phone weekend, no book around) Base 8+1 it is.

One action will be wasted realizing the grenades fell out of web gear somewhere tonight, one will be spent trying to ID the leader and figure out who has what in the squad.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #227 on: <05-06-17/1632:02> »
Yes, this crew is booted and suited. You don't see anyone in their boxers. They are wearing armor and have helmets, plus goggles that will help negate the darkness penalties. We'll still be using the soldier archtype on p. 137.

The only actions that Anarchy really cares about are movement and attacking. Swoopy does not have to burn an action on Perception or picking up Ité's grenades or anything like that. The goal is to keep the action moving forward instead of micromanaging Free, Simple, and Complex actions. Swoopy may still move and attack. Or not. Up to you.

I rolled randomly for their weapons and came up with a lot of SMGs. See below.

#1 - male ork - Colt M23 (this guy is barking orders and directing fire)
#2 - female human - Colt Cobra TZ-120
#3 - male human - Colt Cobra TZ-120
#4 - female human - Colt Cobra TZ-120
#5 - male ork - Ingram Valiant
#6 - male elf - Colt Cobra TZ-120
#7 - Doberman A - Colt M23
#8 - Doberman B - Colt M23
#9 - Ice Elemental - ice cubes

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #228 on: <05-08-17/1534:55> »
Roto-drone attack
Drone Dogbrain Attack: AGI (8) + Projectile Weapons (3) - Wind (2) - Visibility (2) = 7 dice: 7d6t5 1

I think it's fair to assume that the roto-drone would privilege soft targets over drones, but the dog brain probably can't keep up with who is in charge.  Let's see who it targets.
Target: 1d6 3
Looks like the Drone is going after the male human with the Colt Cobra.

Soldier Defense
AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice.: 8d6t5 3
He dodges like a champ.

I'm going to say that Shiriki is in the helicopter when the soldiers advance.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

MDMann

• Chummer
« Reply #229 on: <05-08-17/1646:47> »
Ties go to the attacker though, so that's a hit.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #230 on: <05-08-17/1752:26> »
Ties go to the attacker though, so that's a hit.

The "3" is for the target acquisition roll.  The drone only rolled 1 Hit on 8 dice, so the defender was in good shape to dodge.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #231 on: <05-08-17/1808:18> »
@Jayde Your IC post has the earth spirit picking up Ité and moving him. That was already assumed to have happened prior to Initiative being rolled.

Do you want the earth spirit to continue its course to the Dragon or do you want it to change tactics?

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #232 on: <05-09-17/1247:10> »
That's all it was doing, what it was summoned for..  Since we hadn't quite narrated that, I figured it would be appropriate, especially since you specifically asked for a post on the Spirit.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #233 on: <05-09-17/1634:37> »
Alright, let's get this started. General modifiers for shooting are going to be -2 for visibility (blowing snow) and -2 for wind. These don't apply to melee.

I'm going to roll randomly about who the target is. Chante and Swoopy are currently safe from the mundanes due to Invisibility and a Chameleon Suit, respectively. Dan-Dan is being sneaky for the moment so he's safe until he does something obvious. Shiriki is safe in the Dragon. That leaves Ité, the earth spirit, and Shiriki's rotodrone as valid targets.

#4 - female human
Shooting at Shiriki's rotodrone: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4: 5d6t5 3 hits

#7 - Doberman A
Shooting at Earth Spirit: Agility 8 + Vehicle Weapons 3 - Environment 4: 7d6t5 4 hits

#1 - male ork
Shooting at Earth Spirit: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4: 5d6t5 0 hits, well I'm sure it sounded scary anyway

Dodging to rednblack and Jayde for the rotodrone and earth spirit.

Initiative
5 hits - rotodrone
4 hits - earth spirit
4 hits - #4 human female
3 hits - Swoopy
3 hits - #7 Doberman A
3 hits - #1 male ork

2 hits - Shiriki
2 hits - Dan-Dan
2 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
1 hits - ?
0 hits - Chante
0 hits - ?
0 hits - ?

Action to Shiriki and Dan-Dan.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #234 on: <05-09-17/2017:27> »
Held action released then if ATKs weren't spent grenade snafuing and observing.

Shoot the orc! Base 11 - 4 mods, mid range = 7: 2#7d6t5 2 5

Bad day to be an orc.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #235 on: <05-09-17/2028:18> »
No dodge for the first attack since Swoopy was chameleon suiting. Swoopy is a valid target now that he has fired.

I presume this is the Colt M23. Are you using regular ammunition or stick-n-shock?

2 net hits for the first attack.

Second dodge: Dodging: 8d6t5 1 hits

That's 4 net hits for the second attack. Let me know what ammo you're using and we'll figure out what sort of shape he's in.

GloriousRuse

• Chummer
« Reply #236 on: <05-09-17/2035:26> »
As much as I want to say APDS, SnS. For now. 

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #237 on: <05-10-17/1234:15> »
Roto-drone dodge:
Roto-drone Defense: AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice.: 14d6t5 6
It's a miss.

Shiriki is going to jump into the Roto-drone.  He doesn't want to be jacked into the Dragon should it take any fire, since he won't be able to dodge, and ouch.  Does the earlier ruling of the Dragon not being able to fire independently if issued commands still stand, or can it make an attack?  If it can make an attack, Shiriki will command it to only fire with one machine gun in an effort to hold back a little bit of ammo.

From the roto-drone, Shiriki will make three attacks.  The first two will be centered on the ork and presumed leader, while the third will try to hit one of the Dobermans.  Let's see if Shiriki can find the one he's already hit.  I'm going to say that the blizzard is the main opposition here, and I'll roll 12 dice to resist, as per Piloting tests.

Perception: LOG (7) + WIL (6) + Control Rig (2) = 15 dice: 15d6t5 1
What a poor roll.

Environmental Opposed Roll: 12: 12d6t5 7
Ouch.  Let's say whichever Doberman Shiriki hits is not the one that's "wounded."  Unless he would've one-shot it, in which case it was.

Drone Shooting: AGI (8) + Vehicle Weapons (6) + Assault Rifle Spec (2) + Control Rig (2) + VR (1) + Smartlink (1) - Environmental Modifiers (4) = 16 dice.: 3#16d6t5 4 5 4

Ork Defense:
AGI (5) + LOG (3) = 8 dice.: 2#8d6t5 6 3
He dodges the first, and gets caught by the second.  6S is staged to 8S damage.

Doberman Defense:
AGI (8) + LOG (6) = 14 dice.: 14d6t5 6
And another miss.

I'll try to get an IC up today.

ETA: I missed that the ork No. 1 was shot twice.  Let's target the other ork, No. 5 instead.

« Last Edit: <05-10-17/1258:27> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #238 on: <05-10-17/1252:40> »
Earth Elemental Dodge: Agl 2 + Log 3: 5d6t5 3 Hits Not bad, still got hit.  -3 to the damage.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #239 on: <05-11-17/0152:41> »
Ammo
A brief word about ammo. So far we've been using regular rounds and stick-n-shock (6S base). In an effort not to slow things down with the reduced damage code of SnS, I'm also going to say you're all carrying gel rounds too. These will do Stun with the same numeric damage code as your weapon. Some targets will be immune to gel rounds.

Per Anarchy's relaxed approach to actions, you can switch back and forth between ammo types unless there's a good reason you couldn't. For example, the Dragon can't switch ammo types.

When we get to spend karma, you can upgrade your ammo - e.g. APDS, Explosive, etc. - via Shadow Amps. Until then, you're stuck with the three examples above.

I'm going to override my previous question to Glorious about what ammo type Swoopy is using and will make it gel rounds instead, which will be more effective than SnS in this instance.

#1 - male ork
Swoopy does 8S+2 then 8S+4. The first hit knocks his armor down to 2 boxes out of 12. The second hit knocks off the final two boxes of armor and passes 10 boxes to the ork. The ork's bone lacing soaks 2 of those boxes, leaving the ork with 8S. He's flat on his back, gasping for breath.

Chante's spirit of earth
Doberman A connects with 1 net hit. Base damage is 8P staged up to 9P. Immunity to normal weapons reduces that to 6P. That reduces the earth spirit's armor to 6 boxes out of 12.

Shiriki and drones and Dragon
Let's try to balance this with what's reasonable from a gameplay perspective and what makes sense given the setting.

The rotodrones can attack a maximum of 3 times, regardless of whether Shiriki is jumped in or not. The advantage of Shiriki being jumped in is a better dice pool (15 vs. 11).

If Shiriki is not jumped in, he gets 2 attacks of his own in the physical world (base 1 + wired reflexes 1) or 2 attacks in the matrix (base 1 + VR 1 per earlier house rule).

Shiriki can issue an order for the Dragon to fire but with the following caveats.
- Per an earlier post, the Dragon has crappy autosofts. This limits its skill rating to 1. Thus its dicepool is 7 for shooting.
- It still has the -4 modifiers. No range modifier though.
- Attacks must include a glitch die. If you glitch, you strike a Wildcat instead.

The drone's second shot connects with #5 male ork with two net hits. I'm going to say that the drone is also firing gel rounds. That stages up from 8S to 10S. That reduces his armor from 12 to 2.

Dan-Dan
Haven't heard from MDMann so Dan-Dan's action is held.

#3 - male human
Shooting Swoopy: Agility 5 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4: 5d6t5 1 hit

#6 - male elf
Shooting Swoopy: Agility 6 + Firearms 4 - Environment 4: 6d6t5 1 hit

#9 - ice elemental
Elemental attack (ice) at Spirit of Earth: Agility 6 + Skill 3 - Wind 2: 7d6t5 2 hits (no visibility penalty, just wind)
Spirit of Earth dodge: Agility 2 + Logic 3: 5d6t5 2 hits
Ties go to the attacker so Spirit of Earth takes 8S with no reduction for immunity to normal weapons. That removes the final 6 boxes of armor and tacks on 2S.

#8 - Doberman B
Shooting Ité: Agility 8 + Firearms 3 - Conditions 4: 7d6t5 1 hit
Not very sporting of the Doberman but what can you expect of dogbrains. Ité can't dodge so the 8P is staged up to 9P. Damage goes against Ité's armor, which has 3 boxes remaining.

Alright, back with the table to keep track of things. This is a new combat so new Plot Points for those with sufficient Initiative boosters, namely Shiriki and Swoopy.

CharacterInitiative     Distance     Condition     Armor     Plot Points     Edge     Notes
Chante's spirit of earth     5     Medium     2S 0P0+Immunity 3Per ChantePer Chante     hauling Ité
Shiriki's rotodrone     4     Medium     0S 0P9+Armor 1Per ShirikiPer Shiriki     
#4 - human female     4     -     0S 0P3GMGMSMG
Swoopy3Medium0S 0P1252 of 3
#7 - Doberman A     3     -     0S 0P9+Armor 1GMGMassault rifle
#1 - male ork     3     -     8S 0P0GMGMassault rifle, knockdown
Shiriki2Far (in Dragon)0S 0P1240 of 2
#3 - male human     2     -     0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#6 - male elf     1     -     0S 0P12GMGMSMG
#9 - ice elemental     1     -     0S 0P9+Immunity 3GMGM
#8 - Doberman B     1     -     0S 0P12GMGMAssault Rifle
Dan-Dan2Medium0S 0P1246 of 6Stealthy (6 hits)
Chante0Medium0S 0P1233 of 6Invisible (2 hits)
#5 - male ork     0     -     0S 0P2GMGMLMG
#2 - female human     0     -     0S 0P12GMGMSMG
Ité YeyΆ0Medium?S ?P342 of 6Unconscious
GMN/AN/AN/AN/A23 of 3

@Glorious Dodge two (2) 1-hit attacks, please. Base damage is 6P.

@MDMann Action to Dan-Dan

@Jayde Action to Chante