NEWS

Favorite and most stylish blunt weapons

• 46 Replies

Mittensworth

• Newb
« on: <07-21-17/1354:33> »
Clubs are a fairly loosely defined weapon type.  They are widely used and can be any number of mundane or unexpected objects that would have enough oomph to hit someone with.  They are typically rather cheap, and if you are a clubs user, unfortunately there aren't a lot of mechanically superior  weapons that hit any harder than that lead pipe on the ground.

That being said, lets go for style over substance!  If everything is a club and generally has the same stats-- what is your favorite?  If you have some nuyen burning a hole in your pocket, and you want to show off with a nice quality braining tool, what do you buy?  Do you detail it with a particular custom look?  Is it another non-threatening object custom made to function as a club?  Whats your favorite?

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-21-17/1553:25> »
go check for Battle Angel Alita / Rocket Hammer ;)

HougH!
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Mittensworth

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-21-17/1621:58> »
I had never heard of that series or a weapon like that.  Would I need the pinkest of mohawks?

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-21-17/1748:35> »
Tetsubo.

Eric da MAJ

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <07-22-17/0228:11> »
A lead pipe or a length of rebar.  Simple, crude, and frightening because of it - if the victim isn't better armed/trained.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-22-17/1601:45> »
I currently have an Amerind PC who swings a gunstock war club, which are very high on the style scale. Google Images search examples here.

Personally, I was always fond of the ganger sample character from SR4 that had a baseball bat with nails hammered into the end of it; it's a barbaric weapon for a less civilized age.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-24-17/1231:27> »
Extendable batons are nice to have, say tucked into an arm band or sock. Especially if there's no metal in them.

Magnaric

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <07-24-17/1359:36> »
I'm a big fan of a solid late medieval warhammer. Flanged hammer head, armour-piercing spike on the back end, riveted down the haft, heat-treated and tempered so as to crack armour and do grievous damage to anything under it.

But what can I say, I'm a traditionalist.
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-24-17/1531:49> »
There are only two blunt weapons I'd consider using: Two stun batons used with the Two Weapon-Style Attack
And maybe the power blade spell ;D
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Nebulous

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-03-17/1334:53> »
Ever since Kingsmen, I have had the fascination to run a character that uses an umbrella, tricked out to the gills.
In honor of a longtime friend. 

May the Shadows not take you.
May the Shadows of [Meta]Humanity not dishearten you.
May the Shadows of Society not corrupt you.
May the Shadows of the World not destroy you.
May you own Shadow be a guide of what not to become.

-The Last Wraith

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #10 on: <08-03-17/2256:23> »
That new mace in The Complete Trog is going to make a lot of trolls very happy ...

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #11 on: <08-08-17/0222:19> »
A bokken or two, nice and polished up.  Whether wood or high-impact densiplast, you get the style you want without leaving blood all over the floor.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <08-17-17/1745:01> »
Wolf's head cane for my aged intuition mage.  Bonus points for being weapon focus (of course, I don't have the stats to do anything with it in meatspace)
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #13 on: <08-17-17/1810:05> »
I like the baseball bat style; just wooden or aluminum, not necessarily with nails.
Improvised brutality; it says a lot about the character.  A weapon that is distinctly modern while being so blatantly medieval.  The character using it is often the same; they aren't out of place, this isn't a wannabe crusader, but it is someone who is purely capable of extreme violence, using what is familiar to them.  They didn't train at a dojo to use this weapon.  They don't have a sensei teaching them the traditional techniques. They are just prepared and capable, mentally and physically, to use violence as a means to accomplish their goals.
« Last Edit: <08-17-17/1831:47> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <09-01-17/1149:12> »
That, firebug, is a perfect example of eloquence in writing. The elegant inception of perception through conception of verse.

You're a fool if you don't appreciate knives. The way a knife fights is precise it's a demonic device. -Necro