NEWS

Vehicles

• 20 Replies

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #15 on: <02-21-11/1851:32> »
These are the kinds of cars I wish upon my kids...
Ditto. With my own dilapidated cars, creaky houses and constant injury performing juvenile pranks and calvin-ball-like games, vs my desire to keep my kids safe, I am hoping to find that balance between overprotective-vs-negligent parent to actually have kids that feel safe, but capable.

This growing-up-and-being-responsible crap is hard:-\
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <02-21-11/1953:59> »
Growing up, my neighborhood could only be described as "Urban White Trash".  (Ironic, as it's also where Alex Trebek is from.  City and 'Hood!).  The "Fixed to barely functioning" cars were across the street from me constantly, and there was more than one semi-truck parked on the street.  (My Father's was one of them, often with a 50' Box Trailer attached.).  I watch "Trailer Park Boys" and feel homesick in a lot of ways.

Despite watching Dad crawl around diesel engines almost all my life, I never did learn mechanics in any way, and almost failed autoshop when it was one of the times I electrocuted myself (And other mishaps.).

The place went downhill and almost respectable now, apparently...  I blame the Mormons, things started getting better when they moved in.   :P

Also around in my hometown are what are called...  Something I can't say as I don't have First Nation's heritage and can't say ethnic jokes about them.  But, yeah, their cars were in horrible condition, and one was infamous for being "Permanently parked" on a corner.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Morg

« Reply #17 on: <02-25-11/0628:56> »
Wants the weirdest thing we can mount an anti tank rifle too... :o

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #18 on: <02-26-11/1513:02> »
Obsolete is not an expensive quality.....

Every drone listed in the sample PDF is only Obsolescent, which means -1 to device rating.  With most of these devices being military-grade gear, that corresponds to a starting Response and Signal of 4, upgradable to 6 without need for the Modular Electronics upgrade...
« Last Edit: <02-26-11/1517:07> by Kontact »

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #19 on: <03-03-11/1931:10> »
Obsolete is not an expensive quality.....

Every drone listed in the sample PDF is only Obsolescent, which means -1 to device rating.  With most of these devices being military-grade gear, that corresponds to a starting Response and Signal of 4, upgradable to 6 without need for the Modular Electronics upgrade...
Good point. Nice, cheap and still quite competitive against new drones.
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #20 on: <03-03-11/1957:31> »
Especially if you can jury rig in some "Signal" units from wrecked modern units and get them to work with legacy software.  Dead cheap.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11