NEWS

Wasteland 3

• 2 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« on: <09-09-20/1615:12> »
For those of you looking for a new RPG to play, you might want to consider Wasteland 3!

Its an "adult" rpg that deals with "adult" choices and consequences in a post apocalyptic future. Keep in mind its 3rd person 3/4 view perspective (not 1st person).

HISTORY

Wasteland originally came out in 1988(?), and was the game that inspired Fallout! As such there is a lot of overlap, (synths, robots, mutants and mutant animals.) And takes place 100 years after a nuclear war.

You are part of the Desert Rangers, a off shoot of the old US Ranger corps, and are trying to bring civilizations and safety to a warlord run Colorado...

The game features tactical squad based combat, morally grey choices, that have impact on the game world.

For example, early in the game, you are "given" a new base for your squad, only find out that refugees of raider gangs has been squatting there!

Do you allow the refugees to stay in your base? or do you kick them out?

If you let them stay, they are grateful, but end up creating incredible friction in your base between the refugees and your soldiers as space and supplies slowly dwindle...

If you kick them out, your soldiers are much more happier, but the refugees starve, die of exposure, get captured by slavers, and even attack you!

If you like tactical RPGs with a good story and choices that have consequences, check out Wasteland 3...

If you want to see some game play of the game, Baradul has a game play through on his you-tube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdH5hZiFjgw&list=PLtkq0_PTmCCQuwCcMewSVchELDSCos9SD
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <09-10-20/0745:41> »
I, too, will endorse this game.  It's more than worth the price of admission.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Nightshadow70

• Newb
  • Female Gamer and RPG Nerd
« Reply #2 on: <09-14-20/0752:35> »
I agree, Wasteland 3 satisfied all my RPG - dystopian needs  ;D