Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Possible official answerer from Devs about shapeshifter IP?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mäx:

--- Quote from: Casazil on ---He's a freelancer I'm Demo team member but I'll add my 2 nuyen's worth to this as I understand it the animal form stats only work in animal form and magic / tech only work in humanoid form.

--- End quote ---
Thats wrong in pretty much all counts:
1.Shapeshifters dont have different stat blocks for the different forms, they use the same one when they shift into a metahuman
2.Ware only works in their animal form, magic i assume works on both.

Casazil:
Your right stats are the same I thought it said these are your stats and when in natural form add this to your stats.

An yes magic works in both forms but teah only works in your natural form and an essense of 0 makes you stay an animal also only delta tech is allowed.

But still even with all that your not going to get more than 4 passes in a combat.

Frankie the Fomori:
Good day chummer's, please bear with me...sometimes posting is hard for me?

I understand that the little kitty will only max at 4 IP's regardless of how he gets receives them that is not the question I have. I suspect that they will follow the same rules as the infected with multiple IP. Yet what I would like to know why there is a difference of the two creatures, or why is it the wolf and the cat shapeshifters lose the second IP that the normal animals get.....

I care not how the PC comes out at the end, one, two IP's matters not. If I want to run a shapeshiter NPC I want to know how to create him to challenge PC's with all the correct information, if the normal critter is the form of the (GC) one...then that is cool. If the NPC is the same as the PC version then fine. But if possible I would like to know by the developers which one is which? I do not expect them to respond, they have other valuable things to spend their time on, and i have no hard feeling if i get no official answer....I just thought it would not hurt to ask.....

I can read the rules, it is sometimes hard for me to work out what it is trying to say...but I suffered some injuries that make clear thought a little harder for me...like when I post here, I type out everything, then I send it to word, then I send it to my wife for her to read and see if I might insult or upset someone..... I really love the Dumpshock/shadowrun community, and I try very very hard to add to the community....I try to post descent questions, and hope to add something of value that GM's and player's may take and use in the games. I hope I did not lay it one to thick, and if you would like I could become a more silent member of the community?

Take care fellow runners, and enjoy the next day!

Casazil:
More or less it breaks down the npc version is just different than the pc version for the one simple reason game balance.

Somethings a great idea for an npc is cool enought to be a pc character but it needs to be tweaked to no be under or over powered vs. other pc characters

As for this comment you made "and if you would like I could become a more silent member of the community?" You speak up as much as you want its your right!

Irian:
On the topic "NPC vs. PC abilities" I disagree. IF you allow players to play Ghouls, Shapeshifters, Drakes, etc. these should follow the same rules as the other Ghouls, Shapeshifters, Drakes, etc. Imho it's not a good idea to allow playing them but downgrade the playable version beyond recognition. Either something IS suitable to be played or it isn't. Downgrading playable versions is (imho) like jumping into the mud but expecting to stay clean. Either it's a good idea to get dirty or it isn't. If it isn't, don't jump - but do not try to find clean mud.

Generally, I don't like "breaking the rules for the NPC". If the rule is, that the maximum value of an skill is 42, than no NPC should have more. NPCs that don't have any stats like gods, great dragons, etc. (remember: If you give it stats, your players WILL find ways to kill it) are an exception here, of course, but there should be no exception for Johnny Something - just because he's supposed to be good doesn't mean he should be able to do the impossible and have a skill of 43.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version