NEWS

Shadowrun Podcasts

• 7 Replies

NovaHot1

• Chummer
  • Kind when I can be. Bastard when I have to be.
« on: <03-22-15/0122:45> »
Just curious as to your favorite ones out there. Your thoughts or reviews on them. I'll go first (pretty sure some of them are right here on the forums too).

Arcology Podcast, especially the actual plays are my absolute favorite. The stories are always pretty good and the GM does not pull any punches. I learned a lot about 5th edition from here when I was still wary of switching from 4th.

Neo-Anarchist Podcast is a great one. Opti, you do a great fraggin' job of telling the story of the Sixth World from a runner's POV. Totally awesome.

Hidden Grid: Sixth World chronicles. I like what these guys tried to do with running a lot of first edition adventures using SR4A and the Shadowrun 2050 book and later the 5th Edition. Definitely either has a lot of house rules or the GM is just now learning the rules, but the narrative is great and the players are hilarious.

Critical Glitch can be entertaining too. Their interviews of freelancers and other CGL staff are pretty entertaining.
Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine.

odd

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-22-15/1522:26> »
My favorite is Neo-Anarchist since it let's me learn the world better, and his character is great.

Next would probably be Critical Glitch because I've been listening to them since they started and they have lots of good insights.

I also like Arcology since they haven't played in a few years it's good to see other folks make same mistakes I do, but stopped listening to the actual plays because the constant beeps from unmuted messaging bugged the crap outta me (otherwise it was great)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-22-15/1639:00> »
Figured I'd post links to the podcasts mentioned (they're all pretty damn good ;)):

The Arcology Podcast

Neo-Anarchist Podcast

Hiddengrid

Critical Glitch

shane

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-22-15/1851:53> »
My favorite is Arcology, even though a couple of the players on the actual play are super "munchkin" *cough* Maverick *cough*.

You can really feel the love of the game in Critical Glitch, even though the quality of the sound is poor.  If you are going to do a Skype based cast, at least get good equipment.

I haven't listened to Neo-Anarchist yet, I've downloaded them and am waiting for a slow work week to binge.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-22-15/2158:19> »
@shane - thought I might point out something regarding Critical Glitch. The guys have recognized that sound quality has been an issue at times...in fact they've launched a Patreon to specifically help raise some funds to upgrade their hardware and cover overhead costs so that the pod cast can remain free for all.

odd

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-23-15/0928:23> »
I never really noticed an issue with the sound quality for Critical Glitch, but I guess I should confess that I also can't tell the difference between the quality of a record and a mp3

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <03-23-15/2005:32> »
The Shadowhelix has a link collection for podcasts: http://shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Meta:Linksammlung_Shadowrun-Podcasts

German and English. "Einzelepisoden" are single episodes devoted to Shadowrun within a podcast that doesn't exclusively deal with the topic.

Maybe somebody could take it off my hands to make a similar page for the Wikia-Shadowrun wiki, I don't think there is one yet.

but I guess I should confess that I also can't tell the difference between the quality of a record and a mp3

It's the idea that you can't.

Theograth

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <11-28-21/1304:59> »
Just necro-ing this post to add our new Actual Play podcast: PINK FOHAWK. We're using 2nd Edition RAW, with 3rd Edition initiative and dice pool refresh rules.
Would love for folks to check it out and leave us a review!

You can also follow us on Twitter to stay up to date as well!
« Last Edit: <12-18-21/1707:37> by Theograth »