NEWS

Updated titleČ : Pepper, Technoshaman, needs advice on her build (page 3) !

• 40 Replies

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #30 on: <10-28-10/1459:42> »
I'm interested to see your final build. Could you post it, or update your previous build post? ;)
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

baojin

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <10-29-10/1324:27> »
Ok here's my final build :

Name : Pepper
Race : Elf

Stats :
Body 3
Agi 2
Rea 2
Str 2
Cha 6
Int 5
Log 4
Will 4
Res 6
Edge 2

Skills
Cracking 4
Electronics 4 (+2D to software & data search)
Compiling 5 (+1D to all sprites)
Registering 5 (+1D to all sprites)
gunnery 5
Pilot ground craft 3
Perception 1
Etiquette 1

Qualities
Paragon (01) 5
Technoshaman 5
Analytical mind 5
Hallucinations -20
Day job limited (student) -5
Flashbacks (common) -10

1 contact 2/4 - mechanician & rigger
1 contact 3/2 - Fixer

Knowledge skills (she has no professional skills as she's mostly a student still) :
Int. knowledge : Club music 2
Str. knowledge : Safe heavens 4
Str. knowledge : jackpoints 5
int. knowledge : matrix games 2
Ac. knowledge : Matrix topology

Languages :
Japanese : N
English : 6
Sperethiel : 6

Complex forms :
Spoof 6
Exploit 6
Stealth 6
Attack 6
Shield 6
Scan 6
Analyze 6
Browse 6
Smartlink (1 but has no real rating)

Monies :
125k which are spent in various stuff like :
- Urban explorer JS + Helmet
- Docwagon 1 year basic
- 1 month middle lifestyle
- Fake id lvl 4
- Fake licences lvl 4
- Wuxing crimson samurai with a LMG and flamer along with sensor upgrades and ECCM lvl 4
- Ford LEBD-1 with an ares alpha
- GMC bulldog stepvan with quite some upgrades (including chameleon coating to blend as a delivery van)
- An Emotitoy drone with a hold out pistol put in a concealed turret (the Elan as it's undetecable) - should've maybe have put a taser instead but well.

bullets, clothes, one standard commlink (100 nuyen one).

She was born in Neo-Tokyo as an orphan in a shintoist temple, and was sold to Renraku when she was little when the monks realized she had some interactions with machines without needing any link. They experimented on her in their complex on the bay across from the city until she managed to escape during a break out where she was dragged to Seattle by some adult mancers who took her under their wing at that time.
Since then she constantly sees the war between resonance and dissonance, visions probably given to her by her paragon 01 whom she worships and brings his will on the Matrix.
She has no real network at the moment but exchange with diverse people (GM wanna wait to find a network in game).

Now i'm unfamiliar with the world, so i'll work on the background a lil more in detail later on.
« Last Edit: <10-29-10/1801:44> by baojin »

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <10-29-10/1505:50> »
Couple things.  1) without gm permission you can't start with 3 skills at rating 5, 2) Data Search and Software are in Electronics so you can't take them seperately at character creation, 3) forgot the techomancer PQ in your qualities list.  4) even if none of that were a problem your final build adds up to 549 BPs unless I am missing something.

30 + 170 + 65 + 10 + 212 + 5 + 14 + 48 + 30 - 35 = 549

Meta + Attributes + Resonace + Edge + Skills + PQ + Contacts + CF + Nuyen - NQs

voydangel

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <10-29-10/1647:20> »
@Dakka: The Software and Data Search are only 6's due to the analytical mind quality.

@baojin: 'Analytical Mind' quality isn't listed. Also bear in mind that Software and Data Search are no not actually 6's. They are 4's with a +2 Dice pool modifier. Which is different than a +2 to the skill. It can make a difference in certain cases. Also, as Dakka said, 'Tecnomancer' quality isn't listed, and gunnery (or registering or compiling) needs to be reduced to a 4. I'm not sure how many BP you have used cause I don't know how Dakka did the math on 'software' and 'data search', and I'm too lazy to do my own math, but I trust his numbers, so you may want to double and triple check your math. ;)
My tips for new GM's

baojin

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <10-29-10/1732:00> »
We can start with 3 skills at lvl 5, and we got 500 pts, i don't see where u see 549 points in my build ? I count 507 atm (got to remove some stuff)

I count 164 in skills (40 for cracking, 40 for electronics, 20 for compiling, 20 for registering, 16 for piloting ground craft, 4 for perception, 4 for etiquette, 20 for gunnery) i think i'm gonna go with pilot ground craft @ 3 and go for 2/4 and 3/2 in contacts ratings. that should free up 7 points.

I updated the char, it should be ok now.
« Last Edit: <10-29-10/1749:38> by baojin »

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <10-29-10/1748:53> »
12*4=48 is probably most of it.  Software and Data Search were listed at 6 before.  I listed out exactly where everything came from.

30 - Elf
170 - Body+2 Agi+0 Rea+1 Str+1 Cha+3 Int+4 Log+3 Wil+3
65 - Resonance 6
10 - Edge 2
164 - Skills (2 groups @ 4 for 80, 6 more skills total 21 ranks for 84)
5 - Qualities (should be more)
14 - Contacts
49 - CF
30 - Nuyen
-35 - NQ
---------
502 plus 5 more for Techomancer and whatever Analytical Mind costs.

baojin

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <10-29-10/1800:59> »
Darnit i forgot Paragon.

Well i removed some of my stuff (the customized aztechnology, the ultrawideband radar for the wuxing and the rigger cocoon in my ford as i'll probably have to move anyway along with 26 of my cute XP bullets) so i just have to spend 125k instead of 150k saving the 5 points.

Worked too much and too many times on that char... now it should be ready tho, updated the post above with the final final build.
« Last Edit: <10-29-10/1811:58> by baojin »

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #37 on: <10-30-10/0153:14> »
Oh, one random side thought for a dronomancer. Have you thought about taking Tacnet software as a Complex Form or just buying the software? You can run a centralized Tacnet from your living persona with each drone needing one subscription for the tacnet or they can each run the software themselves. I would assume that even Sprite controlled nodes can use the software if they're linked in.See Unwired for the details.

voydangel

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <10-30-10/0203:39> »
This is true, TacNet is amazing for drone mancer/riggers
My tips for new GM's

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #39 on: <10-30-10/0220:26> »
Tacnet is amazing for just about anyone. It occurred to me because I'm planning to discuss it with my party's Technomancer at the next convenient opportunity. A combat light 'mancer can do a lot worse in a fight than to duck for cover and become a tacnet hub for the heavies.

baojin

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <10-30-10/0436:36> »
I'll take tacnet in the future i think and i'm not sure that i can run Tacnet and dive into a drone at the same time.

Right now i think i need all the CF i took as they're required for matrix, and we won't be many people anyway (2 players mostly, sometimes 3 plus one or two drones, that's 5 maximum, hence a +3 tacnet bonus), i think i'll buy that CF with karma in the near future. Not to mention that the other 2 players are an adept and a mage... that's an interesting program tho, i didn't read it before, i guess the CF are limited to lvl 4 as well right ?