NEWS

Just Introducing Myself

• 3 Replies

Kato

• Newb
« on: <08-31-19/0923:49> »
Hello. Just signed up with the forum so wanted to say hi. Longtime Shadowrun player (I started when they were still printing new 2nd Edition books) and fan. I'm the current GM for our group.

I'm running sort of a strange campaign. I was GMing my group a while back but decided to stop GMing when I went to grad school (one year accelerated degree so no possible way to do anything but school). Its been about two years since the campaign stopped and the previous group wanted to start up the campaign again, which works because I already had a bunch of notes and ideas as to where I wanted the campaign to go. We've had about half the group turn over during that time. There have been two games so far and it has been interesting since I've got three players from the original group, and four new ones who range from 'have played previous editions' to 'have watched the previous group played but never actually played until now' to 'never played a tabletop RPG'.

To make it even more interesting, the group has four adepts, one combat mage, a decker, and a rigger. So finding a balance between the various experience levels for a group that is 70% magic based non-wired characters and 30% technical based characters is fun. I had one player suggesting that we force players to use characters that would make a better rounded party, but I've always had a problem with forcing people to play characters they aren't really into. I mean, my view on being the GM is that I can make a story line for whatever the group consists of and use NPC's for the holes in the group.   

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-31-19/0938:06> »
Hi there Kato
Welcome to Shadowrun

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <08-31-19/1000:02> »
Welcome! Depending on the edition there's always advice that can be given if you're wondering how to challenge something. Glad to have you around.  ;D
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <08-31-19/1117:09> »
Welcome! Look around, ask questions, enjoy! And if any of those Halloweeners come around, let me know. I got a surprise for them...