NEWS

Gun Mod/Attachments

• 16 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« on: <11-09-11/1832:27> »
Got a question, i'm really confused about gun mods and attachments....

Do i need a Gas system 3 mod to then use the Gas system 3 for recoil?

Or you can use either or?

For an attachment how long does this take to add? I'm guessing if a battle starts your not going to be attaching three things at once.

From what I think I gather is mod's are already installed on the weapon, attachments you can put on later.

Then it was saying you could only have a certain amount of attachments per section of the gun so I was trying to get that in my head as well.

I think someone might be able to explain it to me better here than me rereading it for the fifth time. xD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-09-11/1849:21> »
I'm guessing by attachments you mean accessories. The answer, then, is "It depends."

See Firearm Accessories (SR4A 322) for times for different items. As a quick couple of examples, a bipod goes on or off in a complex turn, while attaching/removing a gas vent is Armorer + Logic (8, 1 hour) Extended Test.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-09-11/1852:09> »
I'm guessing by attachments you mean accessories. The answer, then, is "It depends."

See Firearm Accessories (SR4A 322) for times for different items. As a quick couple of examples, a bipod goes on or off in a complex turn, while attaching/removing a gas vent is Armorer + Logic (8, 1 hour) Extended Test.

Yeah that's what I meant. Sorry While on the job i don't have my book with me. :P

So some Accessories you could attach and keep them there instead of having it modded in there so you could put more on a gun?

I was working on an Ares Alpha believe it's called and trying to get the RC up as high as I could get it for one of my characters, figured it'd be nice to actually do bursts and see what I could get out of it.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <11-09-11/1855:40> »
If it's specific to RC, make sure when you get home to re-read Arsenal 148, "Restrictions to Recoil Compensation." Some things are not cumulative with other things.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-09-11/1905:11> »
If it's specific to RC, make sure when you get home to re-read Arsenal 148, "Restrictions to Recoil Compensation." Some things are not cumulative with other things.

Oh boy, well i was using Chummer hopefully that was taking it into account...

Things i remember using was the Gas Vent, Personalized grip, and a few other things. Think I had an undermount to make recoil less as well.

I think i came up with 7RC. But yes I shall endeaver to do so.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #5 on: <11-09-11/2153:51> »
Oh boy, well i was using Chummer hopefully that was taking it into account...

Things i remember using was the Gas Vent, Personalized grip, and a few other things. Think I had an undermount to make recoil less as well.

I think i came up with 7RC. But yes I shall endeaver to do so.

Chummer does, from what I  can tell, but it won't waen you about where the comflicts are. 7 is about the best you can get without inherant RC in the weapon, though, from what I can tell. If you're nice, or doing missions, you can also use the High Strength & Recoil rules. Adds 1pt if they have Strength at 6+, iirc.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Crash_00

« Reply #6 on: <11-10-11/0002:22> »
The Ares Alpha has an underbarrel Grenade Launcher so it can't actually take under mounted recoil compensation (Relevant Text from Arsenal pg. 153: The underbarrel weapon modification cannot be combined with other underbarrel modifications or accessories that reduce recoil).

That said, you can still get it up to 8 (Heavy Barrel 1 (3 slots), Personalized Grip 1 (1 slot)) Gas Vent III Accessory 3, Sling Accessory 1, Special Chambering* 2. This set up leaves you with 2 slots left on the weapon as well as a top mount and an under mount. If you have a STR of 6+ it will take you RC up to 9 and if you have a STR of 10+ you'll have a full 10 pts. **

* The Ares Alpha has two free points of RC from its special chambering design.
** The Recoil Compensation granted by Heavy Barrel only applies to Full Bursts.

If you don't mind being obvious, you can take an AK-97. Put a Gas Vent III and Sling Accessory on it for 4 RC. Give it the Personalized Grip (1 Slot) modification for 1 RC. This gives you 5 RC (enough for 2 short bursts). Now buy a Gyro Stabilization Harness to wear for those heavy assault runs and bump that up to 11 RC*.

* The Gyro Stabilization Harness negates up to 6 pts of Recoil and Movement penalties, so while 11 seems wasteful, it can come in handy to go full blown like this.
**If allowed to use Gun Haven/Heaven, the AK-112 and HK G-36 are Vintage (causing some issues with electronic mods and accessories), but seem to come with one point of free RC. The QBZ-14 likewise seems to come with one free point of RC.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-10-11/1307:00> »
in chummer it looks like i have the option to add the grenade launcher or not... is it not possible to get it without the grenade launcher? I didn't really care for getting it however if it comes with it, I may have to edit a few things.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <11-10-11/1412:07> »
in chummer it looks like i have the option to add the grenade launcher or not... is it not possible to get it without the grenade launcher? I didn't really care for getting it however if it comes with it, I may have to edit a few things.

I think, given that it's still a mod, just a free one, you can remove it. You just don't get any bonus slots for having it gone.
― Albert Einstein

― Me

Crash_00

« Reply #9 on: <11-11-11/1629:56> »
You can remove the Grenade Launcher, but you can't technically buy it without the grenade launcher. At character creation there isn't really a difference, since all the modification is assumed to have been done (just like surgery is assumed to have been done for augmentations), but after character creation you have to have an armorer remove the grenade launcher just like any other mod removal.

If you ask, your GM may let you buy one without the grenade launcher after character creation, or he may just make up a new weapon to fill the non-GL same design slot.
In home games I just toss this into the mix for my players.
Ares Basic
A stripped down version of the classic Ares Alpha design, the Ares Basic does not contain the integral grenade launcher that accompanies the Alpha. It has become a staple weapon in the security industry and is often issued to guards in restricted or high threat areas. It includes an internal smartgun system and makes use of the special chambering design (RC 2) that has kept the Alpha at the top of the pack for a decade. Due to licensing issues, the Ares Basic is not available for civilian purchase, but a high number of them fall into shadowy hands every year.
Ares Basic Damage  AP  Mode  RC  Ammo  Availability  Cost
6P-1SA/BF/FA242(c)10F1,400¥

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-11-11/2259:37> »
Ares Basic
A stripped down version of the classic Ares Alpha design, the Ares Basic does not contain the integral grenade launcher that accompanies the Alpha. It has become a staple weapon in the security industry and is often issued to guards in restricted or high threat areas. It includes an internal smartgun system and makes use of the special chambering design (RC 2) that has kept the Alpha at the top of the pack for a decade. Due to licensing issues, the Ares Basic is not available for civilian purchase, but a high number of them fall into shadowy hands every year.
Ares Basic Damage  AP  Mode  RC  Ammo  Availability  Cost
6P-1SA/BF/FA242(c)10F1,400¥

Just a little note for the fluff text; they do also list an Ares Bravo (under-mounted Vibrosword Bayonet) and an Ares Sierra (Stun Baton) in "War!".
― Albert Einstein

― Me

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <11-12-11/0024:23> »
I still want a Panther Assault Cannon with an Underbelly Panther Assault Cannon for a Troll Redneck.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #12 on: <11-12-11/0341:15> »
I still want a Panther Assault Cannon with an Underbelly Panther Assault Cannon for a Troll Redneck.

Dude, you're twisted  ;D
+1 rep for you!

Can just see this troll, plaid shirt, bottom 3 buttons popped off and huge, bulbous, hairy belly hanging out. Faded blue jeans, stained with beer and oil, hole in one knee. Worn out work boots with uneven, untied laces standing there, looking at you...

"mmmhmmm, Yer be on mah poperity, git offa it b'fer I gits me gun!"
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #13 on: <11-12-11/0840:29> »
Or just having it sitting next to him on the porch while he's playing Dueling Banjos on a troll-sized instrument.  ;D

"Yew gotta purty mout'."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <11-12-11/1604:42> »
Or just having it sitting next to him on the porch while he's playing Dueling Banjos on a troll-sized instrument.  ;D

"Yew gotta purty mout'."

Must be Bubba The Love Troll's cousin.
― Albert Einstein

― Me