NEWS

More questions from a new DM don't you love us?

• 134 Replies

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #120 on: <08-23-11/1753:47> »
I can't be arsed to go through the book, but that's how I always ran it.

It can get upsetting when you overflow stun damage into physical, however.

"Damn, that man fell asleep so hard he got a nose bleed.  And blood coming out of his ears.  And eyes.  ...  Oh, that's not good."

More like it started to effect your organs, and they started to fail... XD nose bleeds are for perverts.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #121 on: <08-23-11/1759:41> »
Hense the comments about ears and eyes also bleeding.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #122 on: <08-23-11/1800:48> »
I can't be arsed to go through the book, but that's how I always ran it.

It can get upsetting when you overflow stun damage into physical, however.

"Damn, that man fell asleep so hard he got a nose bleed.  And blood coming out of his ears.  And eyes.  ...  Oh, that's not good."

More like it started to effect your organs, and they started to fail... XD nose bleeds are for perverts.

Strawberry milkshake?
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #123 on: <08-23-11/1823:43> »
^>.> I’m quite sure THAT milkshake doesn’t bring all the boyz to the yard…. <.< Unless we are talking about the English Yard. xD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #124 on: <09-13-11/1427:39> »
A few more questions for you brainiacs out there....

First, when infultrating a building how suspicious is climbing a building and how likely are you to fall to your death? Also building security how fast is that likely to respond. 1 minute? 5 minutes? xD

Also had a question because i have someone I REAALLLY want to kill as a PC and was wondering if this was a legitamate option. I want to set up a meeting with this NPC where a sniper can snipe him and i was trying to think of ways to take him down with one shot. I know i've read in the book and some places on here that you can up your dice pool by taking aim actions and i was thinking if i could stall this guy long enough in the sniper's view than that dice pool would add up.

Now my question in combat turns every 2 seconds you get your turns and can do two aim actions? Do you think it would then be reasonable for every two seconds i talk to the guy there'd be a +2 moddifer to my friends sniper shot? Is there a CAP to the Aim action as well?

Edit: Not sure it matters that I bumped this, thus i'm not sure if i should have made another topic but i often refer back to this topic for my questions to review what i've learned. Thanks for all the responses!
« Last Edit: <09-13-11/1429:12> by Zilfer »

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #125 on: <09-13-11/1447:12> »
I'm only going to grab one of your subjects:

Why do you really want to kill this PC? Is it the PC or is it the player?  If you kill the PC, is the player just going to recreate him?

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #126 on: <09-13-11/1529:08> »

Why do you really want to kill this PC? Is it the PC or is it the player?  If you kill the PC, is the player just going to recreate him?

no no no, you miss understand. In this case i'm the player wanting to kill an NPC. :P

this time around.

I could easily see your concern if it was the DM wanting to kill a character. xD I usually like to keep my Player's Character's alive. Death is often just not that fun. xD
« Last Edit: <09-13-11/1532:09> by Zilfer »

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #127 on: <09-13-11/1612:51> »

no no no, you miss understand. In this case i'm the player wanting to kill an NPC. :P

this time around.

I could easily see your concern if it was the DM wanting to kill a character. xD I usually like to keep my Player's Character's alive. Death is often just not that fun. xD
Aaaah.  In that case, research (legwork) is your friend. You need to determine what defenses he has. Does he have a nanohive with nantidotes? How well armored is he? Is he protected against magic? Does it have to be someone else killing, or can you do it up close and personal?

Example. If his toxin protection is low, I like to use capsule ammunition with DMSO (avail 3), Zero (avail 2R), and the payload. KE IV (AR 84) is a major preference as it's completely legal (avail 8). Each bullet is going to cost you 23¥. (30 for box of 10 capsules, 10 per dose of DMSO, 10 per dose of KE IV). Acid damage is particularly nasty as it attacks for a number of turns equal to its rating - in this case, 8 turns. btw, you can coat a knife blade, or make a slap patch.

But if his toxin resistance is high this might not kill him. So armor, magic, catching him with Black Hammer, ...

Research. Legwork. Treat it exactly as you should treat an assassination run. Then choose the tool that fits.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #128 on: <09-13-11/1625:47> »

this time around.

Aaaah.  In that case, research (legwork) is your friend. You need to determine what defenses he has. Does he have a nanohive with nantidotes? How well armored is he? Is he protected against magic? Does it have to be someone else killing, or can you do it up close and personal?

Example. If his toxin protection is low, I like to use capsule ammunition with DMSO (avail 3), Zero (avail 2R), and the payload. KE IV (AR 84) is a major preference as it's completely legal (avail 8). Each bullet is going to cost you 23¥. (30 for box of 10 capsules, 10 per dose of DMSO, 10 per dose of KE IV). Acid damage is particularly nasty as it attacks for a number of turns equal to its rating - in this case, 8 turns. btw, you can coat a knife blade, or make a slap patch.

But if his toxin resistance is high this might not kill him. So armor, magic, catching him with Black Hammer, ...

Research. Legwork. Treat it exactly as you should treat an assassination run. Then choose the tool that fits.

Well from what I know thus far, which is pretty much obvious is that he's a large troll, and last time we met had a hella good armor on. (he had somewhere near 30-40 soak dice.... <.<) I still managed to bust 4 damage unto him with my pistol however edged. If I had known about a called shot I would have also done that with my gunshot but I was a little preoccupied picking up my friend who he just jumped out a window with the large man after him.

The job had been an extraction of a dwarven lady protected by this guy. I would have shot him with 2 pistols all edged shots but i picked my buddy off the ground behind the "Mountain that Moves" and shot him while he tried running after my sister's character who was dragging the dwarven lady away. <.< needless to say we had a sniper shooting him and my pistol did alot more damage while it was edged.... xD lucky 6's!

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #129 on: <09-14-11/1033:31> »
There are few problems that can't be solved by the liberal application of high explosives.  ;D

If you're trying to take down a heavily armored Troll with a pistol, things are not likely to end well...except for the Troll.

The best way to deal with something like that is...have someone else do it.   :o   This could be your friendly neighborhood Mage, who can Stunbolt that puppy into next week (if you're lucky) or, even better - set his big, heavily armored behind up to take a fall.

While a 40-story drop could work, the kind of fall I mean is...do you have any other enemies? Do some legwork and find a way to get Big Bad Troll and your other enemies to think that the stuff you're doing is stuff that the people you don't like are doing, and let THEM worry about the Troll.

Then just sit back, record the brawl to watch later (with popcorn, in slow motion), wait until the smoke clears, and pick off any survivors.

Easy peasy.  ;)

-Jn-
Everyone's Favorite Vile Fiend

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #130 on: <09-14-11/1036:48> »
There are few problems that can't be solved by the liberal application of high explosives.  ;D

-Jn-
Just ask Kid Stealth!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #131 on: <09-14-11/1441:09> »

-Jn-
Just ask Kid Stealth!

Something tells me 'Stealth' with high explosives don't really go together... xD

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #132 on: <09-14-11/1530:31> »

-Jn-
Just ask Kid Stealth!

Something tells me 'Stealth' with high explosives don't really go together... xD

Oh, no?  :D

Allow me to introduce you to The Spirit of New York.

;D

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #133 on: <09-14-11/1701:33> »

If you're trying to take down a heavily armored Troll with a pistol, things are not likely to end well...except for the Troll.

The best way to deal with something like that is...have someone else do it.   :o   This could be your friendly neighborhood Mage, who can Stunbolt that puppy into next week (if you're lucky) or, even better - set his big, heavily armored behind up to take a fall.

While a 40-story drop could work, the kind of fall I mean is...do you have any other enemies? Do some legwork and find a way to get Big Bad Troll and your other enemies to think that the stuff you're doing is stuff that the people you don't like are doing, and let THEM worry about the Troll.

Then just sit back, record the brawl to watch later (with popcorn, in slow motion), wait until the smoke clears, and pick off any survivors.

Easy peasy.  ;)

-Jn-

Now that I think about it there was that one lady that killed another of my team. xD Wouldn't mind killing her either, she turned out to be a mage. Totally thought "Dark Necrosis" was going to be a man. <.<

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #134 on: <09-14-11/1918:29> »

-Jn-
Just ask Kid Stealth!

Oh, no?  :D

Allow me to introduce you to The Spirit of New York.

;D

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

wow.... nice.

Stealth BOMBER xD

Totally forgot about that. XD