NEWS

Street Lethal - New toys, few gems

• 99 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #75 on: <07-12-18/1747:08> »
It's one large explosion. Or are you sereously suggesting that an explosion that is DV equivalent to 242 kg of TNT will stop after 8 meters?  ::)
Under RAW? Yes. That's how the rules for combined explosions work. Otherwise those 242kg would have no value since you could just use 10 grenades instead.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <07-12-18/1757:37> »
"When two explosions occur on the same
Combat Initiative Score and both blasts effect the same
character add half the value of the lower DVs to the
highest DV and apply it all as a single modified Damage
Value for the purposes of Damage Resistance tests"

p.183 core

You first determine if you are affected by the blast which is determined through the function of the DV.
You would be right if the sentence contained the word "only" before "for the purposes of Damage Resistance tests"
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #77 on: <07-12-18/1931:59> »
Jack_Spade, the part you're missing is that combining the damage numbers happens AFTER you determine scatter and blast radius. What you're looking at is the damage counter for the overlap zone, same as when you're doing grenades in enclosed spaces  and the blast waves bounce off walls until they run out or the walls collapse.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <07-13-18/1809:22> »
So? If there is scatter there is of course lesser contribution to the blast radius. I'm talking about a bunch of grenades exploding in the same place in the same action.
Grenades don't have to be thrown or shot, they can be rigged as traps as well, eliminating the uncertainty of scatter completely.
talk think matrix

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <07-14-18/0037:35> »
So? If there is scatter there is of course lesser contribution to the blast radius. I'm talking about a bunch of grenades exploding in the same place in the same action.
Grenades don't have to be thrown or shot, they can be rigged as traps as well, eliminating the uncertainty of scatter completely.
Yes, but for HE grenades, you'd still only have a radius of 8m (though you'd be doing much more damage within that radius). The radius is set BEFORE you start adding the blasts together and calculating damage, because the extra damage is from the OVERLAPPING radii.

My Characters

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <07-14-18/0349:01> »
"The first step determines where the projectile ends up in relation to the target (see Determine Scatter, p. 182). The second step resolves the effect of the projectile’s ex-
plosion (see Blast Effects, p. 182)."

If you are refering to that part on p.181 core, please note that the second step clearly says it resolves the explosion effect as a whole - not range first.

Blast effects I already quoted, but basically it says: The higher the damage the further the reach. There is no language there that says you have to examine each explosion separately - instead it has the specific passage about simultaneous explosions to determine damage and transitively through the rules under Blast Effects also reach.
talk think matrix

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #81 on: <07-14-18/0403:33> »
Projectile. Not projectiles. Each grenade is its own explosion, so you resolve each independently. However, when their blasts overlap, they combine into 1 DV/AP instead of staying singulars. There is nothing there that says they combine into 1 explosion as far as reach is concerned.

You claim the section you quoted earlier proves you right, but that one literally says you treat it as 1 DV for Damage Resistance. It literally says nothing about range.

If you can quote a rule section that literally says you combine the explosions into a single one as far as damage dropoff is concerned, then your quotes have merit. Right now you're only quoting sections unrelated to that, despite your claims otherwise.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <07-14-18/0418:25> »
Quite obviously the rules talk about the most common case of one projectile for one explosion. Multiple explosions are a special case and are taken care of under a special rules section.
The question if a blast effects a character is derived from the DV of the blasts, blasts combine to one blast of higher damage, ergo their effect range increases. There is no need for an additional rule because, range derives from DV.
talk think matrix

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <07-14-18/1128:23> »
No, Jack. Just no. The rules you are citing are literally for the overlapping areas, not the blast as a whole. This is the same rule that applies for the 'explosions in enclosed spaces' bit. The blast bounces through the space until it runs out or the walls fail, and you total up the damage. You are deliberately trying to game the rules.

The radius for each grenade is determined as normal. In the area that they overlap, you determine damage specially, instead of having them roll against multiple damage resistance tests.

My Characters

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #84 on: <07-14-18/1711:06> »
"When two explosions occur on the same
Combat Initiative Score and both blasts effect the same
character add half the value of the lower DVs to the
highest DV and apply it all as a single modified Damage
Value for the purposes of Damage Resistance tests"

You were pointed at this part repeatedly, which makes extremely clear it's only for damage, not for range. Given your insistence otherwise, at this point I no longer assume another explanation than malice, so I see no reason to continue this conversation.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #85 on: <07-14-18/1921:54> »
The full-auto-only belt-fed grenade launcher is in testing as an underbarrel attachment to the Krime Happiness.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #86 on: <07-14-18/1942:38> »
The full-auto-only belt-fed grenade launcher is in testing as an underbarrel attachment to the Krime Happiness.   ;D
So far test cases proved dubious after a Halloweener fired a flare gun into one and caused all ammunition to explode. Test subject wielding the launcher currently missing so cannot be questioned regarding feedback. Motion to scrap from records is being debated.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: <07-16-18/1437:05> »
I see, we aren't going to agree on this.

Onward to more interesting topics:

Anthro Drones and the new YAMATETSU NAVAL TECHNOLOGIES RAMPART PORTABLE BALLISTIC EMPLACEMENT, from now on just called YNTRPBE or super shield.
You need a drone with STR 9 - which likely means getting Kenchiku-Kikai and enhance their arms and legs. But once that is done and you have added some standard armor like a Big Game Hunter, your previously squishy drone is now a veritable tank - that you can use with the Shield Walk Small Unit Tactic. This is an easy one, requiring only 3 hits to work and grants you the armor bonus of the super shield and some extra defense.

talk think matrix

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #88 on: <07-20-18/0137:09> »
Yeah but WAR! was fairly epic power Creep.
The SL has legal starting LAW, and several grenade launchers.  So I do think we got some merc style stuff. Stat up tanks is a little outside the scope and we did get one parachute and wing suite. Do you really wanna see runners driving around Seattle in a tank, or an MRAP?

I'd like some stats on them. One of my previous campaigns was a Merc campaign and I had to make all that stuff myself. It's true tanks are outside the scope of most normal SR campaigns, but there's plenty of ways to play, and some of them call for tanks.
...my 3rd ed Euro campaign had the runners end up in the Balkans in a war zone while on a search, recovery, and extraction job that had a big payday ir the succeeded.  The first time they saw a Serbian Nihzinyi-Tagel T-030 a bit away after crossing into Croatia from Slovenia, they just stopped for a few moments to ponder what the drek they walked into. Fortunately it and several support vehicles were headed east towards Osjiek to deal with a matter there.

From then on the bravado faded a bit and they became very careful and cautious (and paranoid) all the way to Zagreb.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #89 on: <07-20-18/0143:00> »
I want a Krime belt-fed assault cannon. Or at least a belt-fed grenade launcher. Because FA grenades are fun!
...mmm, suppression fire with HE grenades.  Better than a flamethrower.

Ooooh, Leela want.

Duck and cover boys!
Forsaken daughter is watching you