NEWS

[6e] Stun Grenade Statuses

• 19 Replies

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <10-15-20/1443:15> »
Except it’s the Dazed that prevents the use of edge!! As noted above that seems a bit harsh for a game that now revolves around spending and gaining edge!?
I left that little bit out of my quote on purpose :D

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <10-15-20/1749:26> »
Except it’s the Dazed that prevents the use of edge!! As noted above that seems a bit harsh for a game that now revolves around spending and gaining edge!?

Well, that's true... but it also means inflicting the dazed status is a hella big deal.  Since durations are fluid, you could say Dazed lasts for however long time, which potentially cripples the victim.  You could have certain augmentations reduce that time, as previously suggested.  You could also have a victim "shake it off" by spending a major action, or such.  That kind of represents the advantage a stun grenade can give you, at least in cinematic sense (which is how most players grok combat, anyway!).

if a cheap available option grants too big of an advantage they get used all the time. With a game based around using edge do you really want a device that removes it for everyone the first action on every combat. Especially when just being blind and deaf can be groked as what a stun grenade can do as well in a cinematic sense.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <10-15-20/1752:14> »
Of course my PCs found out the hard way that a 15m radius is really really big indoors... I suspect they will think twice about employing them too much :D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <10-15-20/2320:23> »
Lol.  Generally my players are pretty conscious of that, and they throw grenades from cover.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <10-16-20/0310:24> »
It may be a hangover from previous editions but I’ve always said flash bangs fill the whole radius cover be damned... fill the area with particles and then ignite like a fuel air explosive device... of course I could have that wrong :P
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36