NEWS

Recent good gear for a SWAT/HTR team?

• 5 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« on: <07-24-18/0029:37> »
So several years ago I worked on designing some templates to help myself configure a PR4, PR5 and even PR6 HTR team, using material from various books. So there was Alchemical support (imagine the SWAT car with a weapon rack for touch-triggered preparations for Combat Sense, and even Deflection for PR6), Martial Arts (especially for the Doormen), TacNet, fully-modded (and softwoven for PR6) Full Body Armor, Spirit support, Quickened spells, Small Unit Tactics, Combat Deckers, even formations involving Valkyrie Spirits with big guns.

But that's at least 3 years ago, I think, and before I start digging up those notes and using them, I'm wondering what I've missed the past years while not actively going through all the books. I think I only got as far as R&G, Rigger 5.0, Street Grimoire and Shadow Spells, so lacking stuff from matrix and the added books for toys and such. Does anyone have any suggestions on what good options a decent HTR team would add to their equipment?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-24-18/0356:48> »
Well, there are the basics:

Light to heavy Hardened Mil Spec Armor - enhanced through the movement power of a bound spirit

Level 3 Personal Integrated Network added to a Triox Ubermensch Drone Rig for a DR 11 device w/ Firewall 13

A few Vault of Ages to keep confirmed high level preparations around - Combat Sense, Mana Static, Detect Enemies, Spatial Sense.
(Detect Enemies+Spatial Sense allows the use of very precise strikes through walls)

Increase Reflexes are provided by either Spirits of Man or Quickened spells

Finally: Humanoid drones like the Secretary in heavy armor as shield bearers and scouts, carrying Auto Assault shotguns, able to surpress large areas effectively, drone swarms of Noizequitos, carrying stun weapons.

And my favorite - if you happen to tangle with an S-K HTR team - the Ruhrmetall Wolfsspinne 8V2

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <07-24-18/1104:47> »
If you get Street Lethal I suggest a Krime Pack for ammo, and either a modified Krime Happiness for the Mage and one of the Krime Triple Series for the rest of the team.

Suppressive fire covereth a multitude of sins.  And keeps SINless' heads down.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <07-24-18/1126:52> »
If you get Street Lethal I suggest a Krime Pack for ammo, and either a modified Krime Happiness for the Mage and one of the Krime Triple Series for the rest of the team.

Suppressive fire covereth a multitude of sins.  And keeps SINless' heads down.  ;D
Better than Ares Alphas? :P I'll consider them for normal HTR, especially the Doorman, but I'm guessing no for Knight Errant.

Close Air support also covereth a multitude of sins, which is what we got the Guardian spirits and drones for. ^_^
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-24-18/1149:05> »
Krime gear is probably the last thing that any corp or state sanctioned HTR team will use.  ;D
Those weapon deals are much to precious to give them out to a criminal weapon manufacturer.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

&#24525;

« Reply #5 on: <07-25-18/1735:41> »
Sure, but if the tech works, why not just steal it and re-brand it? Call it whatever you want.