NEWS

Skillwire Guy

• 20 Replies

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <09-26-18/0146:04> »
One of these days I'm going to get one of these right.  I really thought this was that day.  Oh well, back to re-reading the rigger section once again.  Thanks

Yeah, you probably missed it because it's not actually in the rigger section; it's with the list of "Electronics."  That's cgl for you.

Quote from: Core, 452
When you’re jumped into a vehicle or drone, the control rig provides its Rating as a dice pool bonus on all Vehicle skill tests. Additionally, the rating of your control rig is added to the Handling and Speed of any vehicle you are jumped into. As if that was not enough, your Vehicle Test thresholds are reduced by the rating of your control rig (to a minimum of 1), again when you’re jumped in.
« Last Edit: <09-26-18/0149:55> by HP15BS »
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

PingGuy

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-26-18/1110:47> »
Well then, I'm calling this one a win since I correctly remembered what I read, even though it wasn't everything I needed to know.  8)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <09-26-18/1120:39> »
Well then, I'm calling this one a win since I correctly remembered what I read, even though it wasn't everything I needed to know.  8)
8)

Doesn't help that the gear-section has a mistake, since it says it raises Speed and Handling, instead of all vehicle [Limits]. (Which means that under that section, using my Gladius which already can go 3000km/h, I could use a Control Rig rating 3 to go 24.000 km/h. So...)

In my brother's short campaign, it's nerfed to 410 km/h, which was fast enough to outrun the police and drive my car into the sea so I could submarine my way out of dodge. (Just blew up a car and happened to also blow up the owner, a billionaire.)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Chalkarts

• Omae
  • I'm a Street Painter in South Georgia.
« Reply #18 on: <09-26-18/1259:43> »
With that hammered out then a control rig 1 would fit in nicely.

I’m sad that wired skills are capped at 6 lol.

Deciding on used cyber I could probably take resources B comfortably and set my attributes at A to make my wired skills as effective as possible. 

Maybe C for race, I like dwarves and he’s not going to be doing a lot with edge since his skills are almost all wired.

D for skills since his jacks will do most of the heavy lifting there.

E mundane.

I’m going for a skillmonkey that spends nuyen instead of karma on skills.  This allows more karma for attribute boosts and contacts.
I paint the pavement.  It's what I do.  Check it out on Instagram, @Chalkarts

Chalkarts

• Omae
  • I'm a Street Painter in South Georgia.
« Reply #19 on: <09-28-18/1710:24> »
I had another thought on this.  Since edge isn’t really important what if I made him big and dumb and went Troll?

A troll with lvl 5 skillware and a lvl 2 simrig, all used.

His natural strength would carry his melee combat active soft.  Maybe thrown ranged weapons.  Then the rest of his skills are chipped.
Money A
Race B
attributes c
Skillsl D
Magic E
I paint the pavement.  It's what I do.  Check it out on Instagram, @Chalkarts

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #20 on: <09-28-18/2045:30> »
You certainly don't need level 4 skills wires.
Good Attributes, low skill wires will take you pretty far.
Be an Oni, attributes A, and get a low skill wire setup and your good to go.
The online pack works great, you can download skill you need on the fly.,
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking