NEWS

Terrorist/Hotline Miami Character Help

• 5 Replies

Clyax113_S._Xaces

• Newb
  • I love the crime more than the sci-fi.
« on: <02-19-19/2123:57> »
I'm trying to make a Terrorist/Hotline Miami-esque character that excels in close quarters combat, has unresolved mental issues, and likes to hurt other people.  I want to round out my combat skills except for melee being a bit higher than firearms and I also want to take certain martial art styles and techniques in order to give my character more options in combat.  Any advice on character building in terms of gear and skills?

Edit: This uses Sum to 10 rules.

The Following PDF will be continuously updated:
« Last Edit: <02-20-19/2048:12> by Clyax113_S._Xaces »
I demand AT LEAST one explosion a month.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-19-19/2130:04> »
Google the program called Chummer 5a.  Get that.

"Good at Combat"... so toss A into Resources, B into Attributes, C into Skills, D into Metatype (human, 5 Edge), E Resources.

Spend points and nuyen.  Output to PDF, re-post here for more detailed feedback if desired.

Clyax113_S._Xaces

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-20-19/0206:33> »
Here's what I got so far:

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-20-19/0227:35> »
I guess it fits what you described but that is pretty low for your shooting skills, you'd miss fairly average guards about 1/2 the time. Also IMO Sum to 10 really comes into its own when you can dump 2 things down to 0 usually race and magic, being orc gets in the way of that.

That being said another option would be to look at Adept the right mentor spirit might fit the personality as well, you could dump resources and magic only has to be B at the most. Your gun skills are bad enough you could pick them up in play fairly quickly so you might be able to get by with e skills and adept B for a total of 22 skill points, then could be ork b and get a 5 edge.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-20-19/0745:21> »
That looks like Skills C?

Favorite Melee Skill 6, Favorite Shooting Skill 6, Perception and Sneaking are way more important than a Running skill.

Combat characters want Max Agility.  They also want all the Intuition you can grab.

Instead of "Combat Tactics" take the Small Unit Tactics skill.  Small Unit Tactics is described in Run and Gun around p. 100

Vehicle, Armor, weapons, commlink, presumably on another sheet? 

You typically want much more Augmentations for a combat character.  Muscle Replacement or Muscle Toner, Smartgun Link, initiative booster, if you're using and abusing combat drugs you'll want Narco out of Chrome Flesh.

Sum to 10 on an Ork Sami, I'd go with B Resources, Attributes, and Metatype, and then Skills D, Magic E.  And throw a bunch of Karma at skills during chargen.  YMMV.

Clyax113_S._Xaces

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <02-20-19/2047:40> »
Latest iteration of the build: