NEWS

A Fistfull of Nadias

• 18 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« on: <01-01-12/1705:45> »
(Okay, typed out, that sounds way more dirty than it did in my head.)

We know that Nadia Daviar has a bunch of look-a-likes out there, either in bunraku parlors or behind the scenes and cutting deals (And, sometime,s moving from one of those areas to the other) ... and there's a lot of rumor in Conspiracy Theories about the return of the real (or 'real') Nadia, but ...

When did Multi-Nadia get started? I recall the old days, and talk of ... erm. Anatomical details. But I never picked up on there being several of her wannabe Daviars walking around. It's probably a novel thing (Aside from 2XS, I've pretty much set the novels all aside), but it might have a foundation somewhere else and, ove rthe years, I've just flat-out forgotten.

Anyone know when Daviar became her own plus one?

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-01-12/1709:25> »
As far as I can tell, the Daviar look-alike fixers first appeared in Street Legends.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <01-01-12/2043:58> »
No, I think there were allusions to it before then, but I'm not sure where.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-02-12/0012:07> »
There are repeated references from the late nineties to her being a popular face to adapt among connosieurs of body shops, and she was a very popular model of bunraku puppet. Pretty much any major SR figure was ripe for having people scream "I WANT A FAMOUS FACE" (BTW, that was a real show a decade ago, so it's not without precedent), with Nadja, Dunkelzahn in human form, and Damien Knight being among the favorites at the time. There has been a strong appeal of SR bodytech among the masses since the beginning that you can either be your favorite icon, or fuck your favorite icon (in simsense or physically), or both.

I've said it before, but given that she was the most popular and powerful woman on Earth when she disappeared, she could have reappeared a week later and walked around relatively unmolested because there would be a million men and women who looked just like her to varying degrees, since fandom circlejerks itself into a frenzy when celebs die or suffer tragedy, who would also be walking the same streets.

Of course, that would be if she was walking around in ten thousand nuyen power suits and not like she's dressed in my avatar. In that case no one would have even looked twice.
« Last Edit: <01-02-12/0120:25> by James Meiers »

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <01-02-12/0105:34> »
Whenever 'famous face' comes up, I can only think of Patton Oswalt and his rant about it.

"And the guy, just before he goes under, manages to say, 'Make me look like Steve Guttenberg.'"

I have way too much pop culture in my head.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-02-12/0119:01> »
I was thinking the same thing. That's why I "yelled" it. He intros the bit by screaming "I want a famous face!"

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-02-12/1110:17> »
By the by, James, do you have a larger shot of your avatar? I didn't even realize it was supposed to be her. D'oh.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-02-12/1400:20> »
Yeah. I'll e-mail it to you.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-02-12/1954:57> »
Awesome. You th' man.

Fatal Error

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <01-04-12/2029:24> »
I hadn't realized that was Madame former Ms. Vice President either. Any way you could provide us with where you originally came up with the pic James? I'd prefer not to deluge you with email requests.

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #10 on: <01-04-12/2307:29> »
There are repeated references from the late nineties to her being a popular face to adapt among connosieurs of body shops, and she was a very popular model of bunraku puppet. Pretty much any major SR figure was ripe for having people scream "I WANT A FAMOUS FACE" (BTW, that was a real show a decade ago, so it's not without precedent), with Nadja, Dunkelzahn in human form, and Damien Knight being among the favorites at the time. There has been a strong appeal of SR bodytech among the masses since the beginning that you can either be your favorite icon, or fuck your favorite icon (in simsense or physically), or both.

I've said it before, but given that she was the most popular and powerful woman on Earth when she disappeared, she could have reappeared a week later and walked around relatively unmolested because there would be a million men and women who looked just like her to varying degrees, since fandom circlejerks itself into a frenzy when celebs die or suffer tragedy, who would also be walking the same streets.

Of course, that would be if she was walking around in ten thousand nuyen power suits and not like she's dressed in my avatar. In that case no one would have even looked twice.
Like Elvis Presley then?
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-05-12/1430:55> »
I hadn't realized that was Madame former Ms. Vice President either. Any way you could provide us with where you originally came up with the pic James? I'd prefer not to deluge you with email requests.
I ran into Tony Harris (Ex Machina, Starman) at Heroes Con, but couldn't afford it at the time as I'd already well exceeded my budget and I was traveling anyway. So when he ended up coming here for a con, I had him do it as a commission, showing him the pics of her from POAD and DotSW (this was before SL came out), and saying that I wanted something more ... unique. See, while I am insistent that we not go back into what happened while she was gone (Not sure how that'd work exactly, anyway), I do have a story in mind. It cost a Hell of a lot, but it's worth it. Anyway, here's a larger version of the picture.

tl;dr I commissioned it from Tony Harris at a comics convention.

Like Elvis Presley then?
Yes
« Last Edit: <01-05-12/1446:10> by James Meiers »

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #12 on: <01-05-12/1753:05> »
you guys and your creepy elphophilia :)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <01-05-12/1800:44> »
Check out the rest of that yfrog gallery. Elves aren't quite my fetish.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #14 on: <01-05-12/1939:10> »
you guys and your creepy elphophilia :)
Its the ears... grrrrrrr

Do have a buddy whose a tusk guy though ::)
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P