NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Elena

• 103 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <11-13-16/0113:17> »
I'm sorry dear I wish I could but that's just not how this works, but I can have my people keep you in mind in the future.  Locke appears distracted a moment, I'm sorry would you excuse me for a moment.

Locke leaves the room and the old man smiles at you.  Help yourself to more if you'd like.  She could take a little time if it's something important.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <11-13-16/0349:43> »
Elena watches the woman leave and keeps her hands in her lap, even after the man offers more food.  She gently shakes her head and mouths a "No" then looks at the man.  "I had hoped........well, for more.  I was thinking that if my friends made it out then so could I."  It was not a question and she does not really expect the man to answer her and sits quietly, assuming that she is being monitored by more than the man in the room with her.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <11-13-16/1859:12> »
Those we help don't tend to have friends, if they did, they wouldn't be coming to us.  What were their names?  He asks.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <11-13-16/2357:13> »
Elena looks up at the man.  "The names I know are Kati and Jessica.  Last names are not really used that much in our line of work, you know."  She follows the names up with a brief description and gives the man a hopeful look.  "Do you remember them?  Were they here?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <11-15-16/2207:41> »
Oh, yes.  Ms. Locke's...entertainment.  We did not assist your friend or rather we didn't assist them the same way we do with the chosen.  Your friends left here with full pockets and a reference from Ms Locke for the Bishop, but not as acolytes.  You are a prostitute then too?  I wonder why you haven't seen your friends.  I wouldn't expect his people to keep them this long.  You stifle a yawn as it seems the heat has increased you hear a buzzing in your ears  as a wave of fatigue hits you.

You look up to see Ms. Lock furiously whispering to her manservant.  You shouldn't mention the Bishop.  She won't remember any of this anyway.  Still don't take chances...Look how long it's taking after all.

Realizing you've been drugged you attempt to stand but the world moves with you, then twists away and you collapse to the ground.  The old man stands over you and looks down at you with a warm look  Don't fight it dear.  You are just going to forget about us.  We aren't going to hurt you.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <11-16-16/0352:53> »
Elena collapses to the floor, desperate to stamp their words into her memory before she passes out.  She uses every memory trick she knows, hoping that she will be able to recall enough to continue her mission.  Damn Gunderson, anyway.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <11-16-16/2239:49> »
You wake up your head is pounding you almost bolt upright but you catch yourself.  You are in a coffin hotel.  You don't remember how you got here or ever having been to one before but this tickles something in the back of your mind, like you've been here before.  You have all your stuff and next to you lies a brown paper back with four sandwiches with honest to god real roast beef and fresh sauerkraut  on two and roast carved chicken  on the other two,  A thermos of tea and a shiny new credstick with 2k nuyen on it.

You were looking for two girls...what were their names.  The PDA and the computer paper, you can't find them anywhere.  There was a bar and a house, you vaguely remember red hair done up in a bun with coiled strands hanging down.  Also a bushy mustache...It's gone it's all gone.

[spoiler]You can make a memory test at -2 dicepool to remember, the number of successes will determine how well you remember things.  Later things may trigger memories that you can roll again on for specifics modifiers will depend on the situation.[/spoiler]

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <11-29-16/0208:26> »
Elena shakes her head and tries to remember how she got here, wherever here is.  She is ravenous and eats one of the sandwiches, washing it down with some tea.  The pounding in her head does not subside right away and she lays back down to try to get some rest, hoping that her mind will clear some.

[spoiler]Memory Test: 4d6t5 0  Not so good on the memory test.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <11-29-16/2304:49> »
The throbbing subsides but you still can't remember any specifics.  You remember the general location of the bar and the house but their exact locations escape you.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <12-01-16/0203:17> »
Elena leaves the coffin motel after her head stops feeling like it wants to spin on its axis.  She eats another sandwich and places the other two in the bag she found them in and starts off to look for the bar and or house she vaguely remembers.  She walks up and down several streets, trying to find something she recognizes, hoping that the air will refresh her memory. 

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <12-01-16/2047:26> »
It's no good.  It's just wisps.  Maybe something to jog your memory will help, the bar or the house.  They were around here you were sure of it, sort of.  After wandering a bit the geography clicks and you find the bar and remember the house was just down the street.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <12-02-16/0238:38> »
Bar first.  Elena is still in no condition to go to the house yet.  That must have been some drug they gave her.  Idly, she wonders if the sandwich and tea have been spiked so as to prolong her condition.  Looking around, she spies a refuse container and drops the two remaining sandwiches and the tea bottle into it.  She wavers a bit then finds a seat, trying to see if she can remember anything about this place.  She looks about to see if she recognizes anyone.  There is a tug on her memory from a waitress, but things are all a jumble. 

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <12-08-16/2252:30> »
Approaching the bar feels a little like the greyed out, cloudy picture in your head becomes sharp and colorized.  It's a very disturbing feeling knowing you've been here before but unable to make the connection, the deja vu is nearly overwhelming.  You scan the crowd and you get a similar tickle from both the bartender and a waitress.

[spoiler]Due to having your memory jogged you can make another memory test (3)  1 hit you recognize the waitress and bartender as someone you spoke with,  2 hits you can remember some snippets of the conversation with the waitress, 3 hits you still can't quite recall everything but you remember she told you about the pamphlet and a design it had[/spoiler]

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <12-09-16/0124:59> »
Elena plops down at the bar and orders a 'caf.  The bartender looks vaguely familiar, as does the waitress standing next to her waiting for the man behind the counter to fix the drinks for her tray.  Elena looks from one to the other and groans slightly.  "Wow, I need some soycaf.  Strong and black and keep it coming for a bit, please."  After the first cup is down, she puts it up for another, motioning for a refill.  "Do I look as fragged up as I feel?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <12-11-16/1848:11> »
You look okay to me.  A little red eyed maybe.  Rough night?  The bartender says with a wink as he refills your cup.