NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Elena

• 103 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #75 on: <12-11-16/2217:11> »
Elena nods her head.  "Rough is a word for it, I guess.  I actually do not remember much about yesterday except coming in here.  I left and went.........frag it........I went somewhere but now I am not sure where.  It's like I met a client somewhere or something and he used some sort of drug on me to avoid paying, right?  Just cannot remember much and was hoping someone could tell me if I said anything about where I was going when I left here.  I would like to find the fragger who did this to me and give him a piece of my mind...........and collect what he owes me.  Any help?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <12-14-16/0837:20> »
Oh!  Yeah I recognize you from yesterday.  Fraid not.  You asked about the house on the corner is all.  I think you talked to Jeannie a bit longer than me though.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #77 on: <12-14-16/0947:44> »
"Ahhh.  Thank you very much.  It is good to know that I at least remember coming in here.  Do you think I could speak to Jeannie when she has a break?  I can pay for the coffee and a good tip for her help."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #78 on: <12-15-16/2037:20> »
He raises an eyebrow at you.  Did you not plan on paying for the coffee regardless?  Well it's just her and myself right now so she can't can't be gone for too long but there aren't many people here in the mornings usually so she should have time to talk to you if you can keep it inside.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <12-16-16/1016:41> »
Elena chuckles and slides some money across the bar to the man.  "Of course I was going to pay for the coffee.  What do you take me for?  I am going to need more of it, too, so here is enough for several cups.  I promise to keep my chatting with Jeannie inside and as short as possible.  Thanks, you have been a help"

She takes the refilled cup and goes to an empty booth against a wall and sits down, closing her eyes for a moment to try to gather her thoughts and make sense of what has happened to her.  She thinks she has been drugged, but cannot really remember who did it or where, and that bothers her.  Opening her eyes, she sips at her coffee and waits for the waitress to finish with the other two customers in the bar at this time and come over to see her.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #80 on: <12-18-16/2131:53> »
Jeannie finishes her rounds and brings the coffee pot by to top you off.  Freddy says you got more questions.  I don't know much more I can tell you but go ahead and ask em, but remember our deal.  I don't want to get involved, 'kay.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <12-19-16/0210:14> »
Elena looks up at Jeannie with thanks as she pours the coffee. "Thanks, I need this.  You have hit the problem square on the head, Jeannie.  You see, I do not remember our deal.  After I left here, I hooked up with some guy who drugged me and I have lost the last few hours of my life.  Can you at least tell me where I was going and if I told you who I was going to meet?  Anything would be a great help."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <12-22-16/2127:24> »
She visibly pales when you tell her you think you were drugged but her eyes narrow quickly afterwards.  She smiles and says Sorry sweetie, like I said I don't want to get involved.  You came in askin bout them girls, I said I'd seen em around but couldn't help ya any further.  No idea where you went after that, though ya did come back later and hit on me a bit, but you left here alone.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <12-23-16/0038:25> »
Elena looks confused but keeps her voice low.  "I was looking for two girls.  Do you know who they were or what their names were?  Look, I really need the help.  Please?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #84 on: <12-25-16/0253:07> »
Can't help ya.  If you told me their names I don't remember them.  Frankly I'm not sure I'd help ya if I remembered anything.  If someone is drugging and robbing folks looking for them I don't want no part of it.  She is clearly nervous and she is being careful with what she says, but you don't think she is lying about why.  You do remember getting the job and asking about the girls jogs your memory enough to remember you had files on them on your com.  With a quick check you find the info on your link.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <12-25-16/1923:09> »
"Crap, I just remembered that I have something about them on my 'link."  Elena turns the 'link to Jeannie. "It looks like I will have to start over.  Look these are the girls I am looking for.  They are missing and I was asked to find them.  Will you help me in any way possible?  Please?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #86 on: <12-26-16/1928:45> »
[spoiler]OOC:  Please check in the OOC thread periodically for important information.  Like now for instance=P[/spoiler]

Sorry hon you just said you'd tracked em somewhere nearby.  Sorry I can't be more help.  Jeannie moves off to check on her other customers.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: <12-26-16/2120:05> »
Elena thanks Jeannie and watches her walk away while letting out a frustrated grunt.  Unable to remember more right now, she hopes that the coffee and time will help her remember.  At this time, she is not even really sure who she is to report back to and that frustrates her to no end.  Perhaps a bit more time............................................maybe a couple more cups of caf then maybe go out to the house to see if that jogs her mind any.

[spoiler]What am I missing?  I have answered the question and see nothing else.  Perhaps our messages crossed each other.[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #88 on: <12-27-16/0236:38> »
[spoiler]OOC: it was just a reminder since no one was responding.[/spoiler]

You suck down a down a a few more cups of coffee and just try not to think so hard about things.  You hear a new remake of one of the golden oldies from 30 years ago.  Typical cashing in on a classic is a tried and true moneymaker.  Idon has been really big lately they just released a second single in as many months.  Horizon hasn't even been promoting them as hard as some of their other new talent though with their popularity rising that's likely to change.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #89 on: <12-27-16/1126:07> »
Elena listens to the music and actually enjoys it.  She thinks that perhaps the lack of Horizon involvement is a good thing.  After all, once the AAAs get their hooks into you, all of your freedom goes away.  Much like her position with a syndicate...............................and suddenly, some of her past comes back to her.  She knows who she is and who she is currently working for.  What she does not know is why she was drugged.  There must be something special about the girls that disappeared and she is certain it has something to do with that house.  She cannot just go in there and burn the place down, so she must try to sneak in, and that means going tonight. 

Elena grins to herself as she drinks another coffee.  She will need to be free of the cobwebs from the drug before she goes in.  In the meantime, she sends off a short message to her employer.  >>On a lead.  Attached is an address of where I believe they went when they disappeared.  Just in case I disappear, too.<<