NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #375 on: <08-09-15/1510:20> »
I tend to think it's more a 'common sense' thing.  However, the Healing section blurb quoted above does nothing to clarify.

Demion, realize that 'just because the Combat section doesn't specifically mention going unconscious when my Stun track maxes out' isn't an argument in favor of that being the case, especially when in three other places it specifically talks about exactly that occurring.  Arguing otherwise (or, IMO, demanding 'clarification') is exceedingly pedantic.  It's a 'no duh' situation there, ain't it?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

demion

• Newb
« Reply #376 on: <08-09-15/1722:04> »
Yes, but that is in no way an answer to my question. Only one more mention without saying anything exact. Interpreting this it would mean, you are unconscious for one hour. Really?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #377 on: <08-10-15/1119:24> »
So you're going to go with pedantic, then.

If either your Stun OR your Physical tracks (OR both of them) fill up, you are unconscious.  If it's your Physical track, you're also dying.  You cannot regain consciousness until you possess at least one open box (i.e. healed / recovered) in BOTH tracks.
Pananagutan & End/Line

demion

• Newb
« Reply #378 on: <08-10-15/1227:38> »
So you're going to go with pedantic, then.

Ok, a little perhaps;) But, it's just that I am unsure of how it was intended by the authors. Design-changes of important rules in the finish of the rules creation process do happen and lead to such errors (like leftovers of the rule that was kicked out at other sections).

As I wrote in the rules discussion forum http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=11514.msg390907#msg390907 : I am confused because puting this important rule in the "finishing character creation" section and never mentioning it in the combat or damage explanation rules where it should be adressed is very, very strange. So either it was forgotten to explain in the combat rulings and should go into the errata or it was forgotten to take out of the other text passages and should also go into the errata file.

BTW: I am more in favor of the "was forgotten to explain in the combat rulings" theory at the moment because of the Awaken-spell in SG which was released after the Core Rules and addresses beeing unconscious from stun because of external injuries.

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #379 on: <09-13-15/1922:51> »
No.  There can be some major rejection issues, and some simply can't be effectively transplanted.  It's about the only thing you can't get used.

this reasoning makes no sense, this would mean simple current day organ transplants are impossible.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #380 on: <09-14-15/0015:50> »
Donor compatability is the highest concern when it comes to a modern organ transplant.  People are kept in the hospital for days and weeks, put on anti-rejection medication for months, and it still occurs, even when it apparently should not.  Most bioware is Type O - 'universal donor' on the genetic level - and the rejection protocols are amazingly standard, so much so that rejection is functionally Not A Concern, because those gene lines are as bland as can be.

What you're suggesting takes you from Shadowrun ("Hey, I got an eye implant last week."  "Yeah?  How's it feel??"  "Kinda itches."  "You still good to go?" "Yeah, I can see fine.") back to modern-day protocols, where the implantee is still going to be in the hospital, they have to take both antibiotic and anti-rejection medications for months (because anti-rejection meds force the body to not produce antibiotics that'd attack the implanted organ), back to the body being at the stage where it might reject that genesculpted eye 'just because' despite the anti-rejection protocols - because the genetics in that implant aren't just 'not the same', they a) might not be the right blood type, and b) are genetically modified to do one thing particularly well - which means the base body's recognition of the stuff is skewed even worse towards 'invading biological'.

And that's the 'major rejection issues'.  Some bioware, like some cyberware, can't be effectively transplanted.  You can't take out someone's bone lacing (well, unless you're Magneto) and then just go and stick it into someone else; likewise, you can't strip out highly-specialized nerve clusters, or increased brain folds, or other portions of the neural system; just ain't gonna happen.

Though it sounds like a great plotline to have on the back-burner in case some player decides he wants to try getting 'used cultured bioware' -- get the discount, get the increase in impact, and then ... bad things start happening.  Of course, in the case of a lot of bioware, the character is running a very real risk of death due to internal complications.   Internal bleeding, cancerous growths ...

Aaaaall of that said, the answer remains, officially, 'no'.  However you want to describe it, the official answer is 'no, you cannot get Cultured Bioware at the 'used' grade.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #381 on: <09-19-15/0633:21> »
Uneducated: Is it possible to purchase technical skill groups with this quality, or do they cost double? A strict RAW interpretation suggests that you can buy skill groups as normal, but skills cost double.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #382 on: <09-19-15/2239:46> »
Uneducated: Is it possible to purchase technical skill groups with this quality, or do they cost double? A strict RAW interpretation suggests that you can buy skill groups as normal, but skills cost double.

[quote="SR5 pg. 87]and it’s possible the character will never learn some skill groups belonging to these categories.[/quote]

That's pretty much all it says. It's similar to the Uncouth quality, but apparently less strict (probably since there are more technical skills than social). So based on that, it's usually no to technical skill groups, but it's up to the GM.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #383 on: <09-22-15/0945:09> »
Bleah. Okay, new question. What counts as a Technical skill group? Obviously Biotech, Computer, Cracking, Electronics and Engineering, but Outdoors contains Navigation as well.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #384 on: <09-23-15/0440:46> »
That question is hard to answer, as only skills are categorized in that way and not skill groups.
But Outdoors should be the only group where you have skills of differing categories and its 2:1 so I wouldn't categorize Outdoors as a Technical Skill Group.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #385 on: <10-10-15/1747:10> »
The defense test verse area effects is still in the update version of the CRB last I checked, don't know if anyone pointed that out.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

xandeco

• Newb
« Reply #386 on: <03-12-16/1212:26> »
Good day chummers, looked out all over the net and the forum, but couldn't find exactly what is the definition for the gadget version of skinlink in the 5th, the power is clear and well written in datatrails but the table in the run & gun list is as a communication gear pag 87 to look at it's description in SR5 but I don't seen to find it at all.
Is it possible to use it without been a technomancer in the 5th or was it removed from the tech of the SR5?

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #387 on: <03-12-16/1824:22> »
At present Skinlink only exists for Technomancers

The errata for Run and Gun even states to remove Skinlink from the table of available Communications Gear as it has not yet been reprinted.  (The inclusion of the word "yet" gives hope that it will eventually be included as a tech option, but as of this moment it doesn't exist as tech)
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #388 on: <04-11-16/2217:48> »
Ignore me, this is all wrong.

[spoiler]Several years late, but there are no rules for Extended Area detection spells.

I assume the SR5 rules are suppose to be that of SR4's

SR4a p209
Range:  The standard sensory range for a Detection spell is the spell’s Force x Magic in meters. For extended range Detection spells, the effective range of the new sense is Force x Magic x 10 meters. Note that any of the standard range spells listed below may be learned with an extended range instead (adding +2 DV).

But this description is nowhere in core or Street Grimoire, and oddly seems to have not been brought up before. I guess that shows you how often people use detection spells.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-12-16/0024:11> by DeathStrobe »

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #389 on: <04-12-16/0004:22> »
There are rules for extended detection spells in CRB p. 285

The standard range of the sense a Detec- tion spell grants is the spell’s Force x caster’s Magic in meters as a radius from the target of the spell. Extend- ed-range detection spells have a Force x Magic x 10 meter range.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?