NEWS

[5e OOC] It Started at the Belmont

• 1239 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #15 on: <07-31-14/1827:33> »
Negotiations roll if needed:
Negotiation [9]: First Impression: 14d6t5 5

Edit:
Also, doh! Forgot to assense the buggers...  Note to self: I'm a mage, not a street Sam. Right! Do I make one roll per guy, or just one general roll? If the latter, here goes
Assensing [9]: Aura Reading: 12d6t5 3

Since that gives me surface thoughts I'm not going to bother with... No you know what, I'll do that too just in case.
Judge Intentions: 13d6t5 3

Also, if you need us to subtract dice for negative modifiers, is it ok for everyone if the GM just removes dice from the end of the rolls as needed? That way, we can just roll standard dice pools without trying to guess what kind of modifiers we should be applying, and we don't need to bother with re-rolls if we've rolled too many dice...
« Last Edit: <07-31-14/1856:46> by martinchaen »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #16 on: <07-31-14/1900:26> »
Also, if you need us to subtract dice for negative modifiers, is it ok for everyone if the GM just removes dice from the end of the rolls as needed?

It seems as good a way as any.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #17 on: <07-31-14/1906:02> »
Good idea. CST here. I'll be out of reach on weekends and some week days later in the week. M-W are easier for me to make multiple posts but I should be able to make 1 or 2 posts on Thursdays and Fridays.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Blazrath

• Chummer
  • I've yet to see a regular sword being hacked into.
« Reply #18 on: <07-31-14/1928:29> »
I am Pacific and my schedule is erratic so I will try get post in when I can. Tomorrow I probably won't be able to post until late in the day due to finding out my dad is in the hospital and making the trip to see him. I am on my phone right so a response will be delayed.
Talking Aloud Thoughts Matrix Astral E-Mails/"Sub-Vocal"

martinchaen

« Reply #19 on: <07-31-14/1938:36> »
Best wishes for your Dad, Blazrath. Hope all is well

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <07-31-14/1955:31> »
Yes, by all means take care of your family first. Thanks for giving us the heads up though, much appreciated.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #21 on: <08-01-14/0053:09> »
Also, if you need us to subtract dice for negative modifiers, is it ok for everyone if the GM just removes dice from the end of the rolls as needed? That way, we can just roll standard dice pools without trying to guess what kind of modifiers we should be applying, and we don't need to bother with re-rolls if we've rolled too many dice...

Yes.  This.  Similarly, if there are any bonuses to be gained, I'll roll them for you and let you know should they come into play again

@reyjinn, it's early afternoon.  He's got plenty of time for a run and a shower first.

@Poindexter, it's possible to get to Dr. Ken and back to Dallas by 10:00, but the deal is, duh duh DUh!, he'd have to take the magnetic train.  With DFW and College Station traffic the way it is, no way can he drive it.  He can get on the train for sure, but he'll suffer his social stress penalty through the interaction with Dr. Ken, and if he takes it back to Dallas, I'm going to stack the penalty to a -2.  Hopeless isn't a face type by any means, and this could be some cool rp fodder, but I want to warn you about the possibilities.
« Last Edit: <08-01-14/0306:45> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #22 on: <08-01-14/0057:47> »
@Blazrath, just seeing your post.  Sorry to hear it.  My thoughts are with you.  Take care.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #23 on: <08-01-14/0131:33> »
@Martin, I should've been more clear.  Mr. Gwok is not Seoulpa.  He is in fact Yakuza, though he is also an ethnic Korean.  His family has been working with the Yakuza since the early 21st century, when that kind of thing was more common than it presently is.  I hate to break with established fiction, but it may be important to the story later on that Gwok's loyalty lay with the Yaks.

As for your rolls, I normally try to work what I can into the IC thread, but it's late, so I'm just going to give you the quick and dirty here.

Assensing:
Mekajiki is pretty cybered up. 
The oldest gentlemen is in poor health, but he's got some crazy strong mojo going.  Like woah.
One of the guys has an artificial heart, for what that's worth.

Judge Intentions:
Ok, so it doesn't take a ton of hits to see that Mekajiki doesn't like Loki very much, and he probably wants to go on the run himself.  As for Gwok, dude seems straight up. 

Negotiation roll will get you some extra scratch, but it's up to you if you want to capitalize on it. 
« Last Edit: <08-01-14/0250:13> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #24 on: <08-01-14/0329:58> »

Yes.  This.  Similarly, if there are any bonuses to be gained, I'll roll them for you and let you know should they come into play again

@reyjinn, it's early afternoon.  He's got plenty of time for a run and a shower first.

@Poindexter, it's possible to get to Dr. Ken and back to Dallas by 10:00, but the deal is, duh duh DUh!, he'd have to take the magnetic train.  With DFW and College Station traffic the way it is, no way can he drive it.  He can get on the train for sure, but he'll suffer his social stress penalty through the interaction with Dr. Ken, and if he takes it back to Dallas, I'm going to stack the penalty to a -2.  Hopeless isn't a face type by any means, and this could be some cool rp fodder, but I want to warn you about the possibilities.

heh, hopeless aint even GOT a car.

time for a taxi, maybe?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <08-01-14/0458:38> »
Starting Nuyen: 1,555 + 4d6 * 100.  Total 2,555 nuyen.

http://orokos.com/roll/211452

Wind is finished.  I just need to convert from Hero Lab into a better format.
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <08-01-14/0554:12> »
Wind (Daniel Grey-Eyes)

METATYPE: ELF

B 3, A 4, R 3, S 3, W 4, L 4, I 5, C 9, ESS 5.3, EDG 1

Condition Monitor (P/S): 10 / 10

Armor: 8

Limits: Physical 4, Mental 6, Social 13

Physical Initiative: 8+1D6

Active Skills:
Blades 2 (6) [A]
Clubs 2 (6) [A]
Con 4 (Fast Talking +2) (16) [13] *
Cracking Group 1 (5) [M]
- Cybercombat
- Electronic Warfare
- Hacking
Disguise 4  (9) [4]
Electronics Group 2 (6) [M]
- Computer
- Hardware
- Software
Escape Artist 7 (4) [A]
First Aid 8 (9) [A]
Forgery 1 (5) [?]
Gymnastics 2 (6) [4]
Impersonation 1 (13) [13] *
Influence Group 3 (15) [13] *
- Etiquette
- Leadership
- Negotiation
Locksmith 2 (6) [4]
Longarms 2 (6) [A]
Palming 2 (6) [4]
Perception 3 (8.) [6]
Performance 1 (13) [13] *
Pistols 2 (6) [A]
Sneaking 2 (6) [4]
Unarmed Combat 4 (Okichitaw +2) (6) [A]

Knowledge Skills:
Building Layouts 2 (6) [6]
Business 2 (7) [6]
Corporate Security Systems 2 (6) [6]
High Fashion 1 (6) [6]
Infiltration Techniques 2 (6) [6]
Sioux Military Regulations 1 (5) [6]
Sioux Nation 2 (6) [6]
Sports 1 (6) [6]

Languages:
English 5 (10) [6]
Lakota N
Sperethiel N

Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision

Qualities:
Bad Luck, Bilingual, Double Jointed, Exceptional Attribute: Charisma, Loss of Confidence: Unarmed Combat, Prejudiced, Specific (Biased): Humanis

Augmentations:
. . Sleep Regulator
. . Tailored Pheromones (3) * Factored into die pool, remove if not in effect.

Vehicles:
. . Chrysler-Nissan Jackrabbit [Handling 4/3, Speed 6, Accel 2, Body 8, Armor 4, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 2]

Gear:
Cash: 2,555¥
. . Actioneer Business Clothes
. . Bug Scanner (6)
. . Catalyst Stick
. . Cellular Glove Molder (4)
. . Chisel/Crowbar
. . Climbing Gear
. . Concealable Holster
. . Concealable Holster
. . Data Tap
. . Ear buds (1) w/ Select Sound Filter (1)
. . Erika Elite Commlink
. . Flashlight, Low-Light
. . Identity: Jason Longbreath w/ Fake License: Conceal Carry Permit (4), Fake License: Gun License (4), Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Middle Lifestyle
. . Keycard Copier (6)
. . Lockpick Set
. . Maglock Passkey (4)
. . Medkit (3)
. . Micro-camera w/ Low Light Vision
. . Micro-Tranceiver
. . Micro-Tranceiver
. . Microwire (m) x200
. . Rapelling Gloves
. . Respirator (6)
. . Sequencer (5)
. . Stealth Rope (m) x500
. . Stealth Tags x20
. . Suit
. . Tag Eraser
. . White Noise Generator (6)

Weapons:
. . Fichetti Security 600 [Light Pistol, Acc 7, DV 7S, AP +1, SA, RC (1), 30 (c)] w/ Folding Stock, (30x) Gel Rounds, Laser Sight, (60x) Regular Ammo, Silencer/Suppressor, (2x) Spare Clips
. . Yamaha Pulsar [Taser, Acc 5, DV 7S(e), AP -5, SA, 4 (m)] w/ (40x) Taser Dart

Contacts:
Calisandra Everwind (Connection 3, Loyalty 2)
Calisandra Everwind, Elf, 24. Calisandra and Wind have a past together, a connection outside of the shadows but neither of them discuss it as she's
been in the CAS since her early adolescence. She's slick, capable, and one of the few people who can match Wind conversationally. It's the basis of our
mutual respect, though it doesn't always appear so to any outsiders who may catch us trading barbs over a pint. Still, there is a coolness that leaves
people thinking Wind is only as valuable to her as the next chunk of nuyen made available through a successful job. She's got allegiances for sure
where they lay remains a mystery.

Kevin Sandstorm (Connection 3, Loyalty 4)
Kevin Sandstorm, Human, 30 years old. Kevin is the owner of a small security company Sandstorm Securities that operates in Dallas. The company specializes in testing, developing and improving small companies security and is most notable for doing so for several local A-rated Corporations. Kevin often employs freelancers to test for weaknesses in the current system of a company then sits down with his staff and the freelancers to work out how to improve it. This is how they first met and this has been Wind's major source of employment since coming to Dallas. The two hit it off immediately and a fast friendship has developed since though still focused more on the business side of things. Each though will certainly do the other a solid if there is a need.

Lou Cuenco (Connection 2, Loyalty 2)
Lou Cuenco, aka Razor-wire, Human, 42 years-old. Lou's a good guy, one of the old pink mohawk types who never grew up. He's got an infectious laugh,
a semi-successful club in Somervell, and a bad cram habit. His club, Cuchitril, is an interesting, if schizophrenic place playing Atzlan and Central
American tribal protest music during the week with orxploitation, punkabilly, and sinthcore rounding out the weekends. Lou's a good guy to know in the
Aztlan refugee community, even if he doesn't want to know a lot of what occurs at his club.

Mr. Johnson (Connection 5, Loyalty 2)
Mr. Johnson, who the frag knows, who the frag knows. Wind has never met this Johnson. One day Calisandra asked if it would be okay to share his comm with someone in need of his specific skills. All communication has been through text, all payments have been prompt, and whoever this is has some juice.

Shaundra Maysfield (Connection 3, Loyalty 2)
Shaundra Maysfield, Ork, 38 years-old. Shaundra is the Executive Liason to Jitendra Patel, Conservative Party member and Denton representative on the Dallas City Council. Given the Conservative Party's speckled -- read downright abusive -- history regarding metahuman rights, and Ms. Patel's general insincerity, Shaundra is convinced that she was hired as a "token" metahuman, and doesn't feel a lot of loyalty to her employer. She is well-placed, though, to keep tabs on what's happening in the city, as Ms. Patel has her fingers in a lot of pies.

Ticker (Connection 2, Loyalty 4) (Poindexter, rednblack asked me to use this one so he can cross connect some of the team together.)
"Ticker" is a former CAS army medic and he'd seen more than his share of action. He doesn't talk about it much, but if you get close to him at all, you can
tell there are still some rough memories for him. Maybe he does all that pro-Bono work to try and atone for something in his past. Who knows. He is deeply christian and follows all the tolerant, loving parts of the bible to the letter, ignoring the more rapey and slavey bits.

Physical and Mental Description: TBA

Personal History:
Daniel Grey-eyes is a Métis (using the more generic/modern definition) elf.  His mother is a Lakota while his father originally hailed from the Tir.  Born in the Sioux Nation after his father an ex-pat moved there, he grew up in a small community there.  When he came of age he served his mandatory term in the Sioux military and was considering going career when he was approached with an opportunity to serve his country in another way.  The OMI wanted him as his potential had been noted and watched since a particular incident early in his military tour.  Daniel full of idealism agreed and soon began training.  Training that never had a chance to be completed.

Due to an incident that some define as a scandal and others say that is merely the term used to cover up the far more heinous truth, Daniel was left twisting in the wind to hang for whatever actually did happen.  Ready to accept his fate and take the punishment whether he was actually guilty or was taking a fall out of loyalty only Daniel knows.  But that too was not to be his fate.  They came for him or so he thought right up until the soldiers beat him senseless.

He woke up in the streets of the Dallas with some nuyen in his pocket, a commlink with a SIN not his own yet the physical ID and other defining characteristics matched his own and a trideo news clip of Daniel Grey-eyes execution for treason in storage on the comm.  The man killed did look like him but those who truly knew Daniel would know otherwise.  Mystified, confused and angry Daniel used the nuyen to establish his new identity and start a new life.

Over the next six months he tried to live as legal a life as his fake SIN would allow but between where his head was at and other issues with his ID, he found he just couldn't keep a job and he soon found himself using his training, his natural talents and his charisma to obtain a ready cash flow through less legal means.  He became a social engineer in almost every sense of the definition and his life of larceny would take him into the shadows where he would work various jobs and slowly moved up to higher profile employments.  He gained the street handle of Wind because when he spun one of his social engineering yarns he had tendency to be long-winded and yet when he needed to be covert and physically get into a place he moved like the Wind and was rarely ever noticed.  Comfortable now, Wind has not settled in with a regular team and this is hurting his bottom line.  Not only does he need the payout for his lifestyle but he wants the cash to figure out what exactly happened the day he should have died.

There is more history during those months as he became established especially with his closest contacts but that history is for them to share at a time of their choosing and not before.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Shadowrun © 2005-2014 The Topps Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Shadowrun is a registered trademark of The Topps Company, Inc.
« Last Edit: <08-06-14/2211:00> by Horsemen »

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <08-01-14/0614:16> »
@Blazrath Sorry to hear about you dad.  My thoughts are with you and your family.

@All, I may not get to an in character post tonight as it is late and I have an appointment in a few hours but I will go read the IC now and decide from there.  Odds are though Wind will negotiate.  Extra money is always a good thing.   ;)

martinchaen

« Reply #28 on: <08-01-14/0720:13> »
rednblack
I rolled a quick Con for the comment to the Swordfish, as Loki would never actually use mind control to make someone skin themselves alive, but he also knows that bullies won't back down unless you put the fear of God into them.
Con [9]: First Impression +2: 16d6t5 7
Heh, I think he might believe that Loki would in fact make him flay himself if it came down to it...

Also, rolling up a spirit summon for later; Loki would wait until sundown (if that time hasn't already passed) before actually performing the summon. Force 3 Spirit of Man.
Summoning [3]: Spirits of Man +2: 10d6t5 3 3d6t5 0
3 Services, 2 Drain
Drain Resist (2): 13d6t5 6
No drain.

Optional Power: Fear

First task will be to sustain Guard on Loki. Once I know what time it is an have an answer from Alessia, I'll post up the summon IC.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #29 on: <08-01-14/1108:27> »
heh, hopeless aint even GOT a car.

time for a taxi, maybe?

Maybe.  Where would Hopeless be taking a taxi?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal