NEWS

Missions at DragonCon 2015?

• 13 Replies

Aristotle

• Newb
« on: <08-03-15/1230:00> »
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Is there any word on whether or not there will be Missions at DragonCon this year? Last year was my first time to the con and I passed by the Missions tables, not knowing there would be any there, so I put it in my mind to make sure to sign up for it next (this) year. But I haven't seen any word about Missions being there this year.

Anyone have a scoop?

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-03-15/1538:28> »
Yes, they will be there.  Scott Boss is the convention lead for DragonCon and has submitted the events to them.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #2 on: <08-03-15/1602:17> »
The Dragon*con schedule is up at http://gaming.dragoncon.org/. Look for Catalyst Games Shadowrun Missions Campaign under the game system.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Aristotle

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-05-15/1323:33> »
Thanks chummers!

DoGXinU

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-06-15/1058:15> »

All,,

sorry for the late posting.  I am the coordinator for Missions for Dragon*CON.  We will be playing this weekend (I am writing from the CON) and foreseeable every future one.

If you are interested in running Missions at the con, please email me (dogxinu at gmail) and I will add you to the list.

If you are interested in playing Missions at he con, http://gaming.dragoncon.org is the site to pre-register for the games.  Or you can buy tickets at gaming registration at the con.

If you have any questions about Missions at Dragon*CON, please let me know.

dog xinu
aka Scott Boss

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-06-15/1830:09> »
HOPEfully, I'll be at the con next year. It's the one convention of decent size and close enough for me to attend.

We'll see!

BISH0P007

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-13-15/1648:00> »
Had a great time at DragonCon, thanks to the GM's that ran Missions!!

"The Beef"

Spitfire

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-13-15/1709:37> »
Had a great time at DragonCon, thanks to the GM's that ran Missions!!

"The Beef"

Same here! It was really fun!

And hey beef! Its spitfire!

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #8 on: <09-13-15/2235:05> »
HOPEfully, I'll be at the con next year. It's the one convention of decent size and close enough for me to attend.

We'll see!

We hope to see you next year!

Thanks everyone who came and played.

Would you guys mind giving us a more explicit view of your experiences? What did you like? What can we improve?

On a totally different note, I lent my core rule book out on Friday at the con and it disappeared. Anyone pickup a book with a name on the first white page that is not yours?

BISH0P007

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <09-15-15/0359:08> »
I don't have any physical copies of any of the books yet, sorry Ferret.

As for a review...
I picked up a generic of the Tank archetype, because there's nobody around here that can game on my work schedule, so the game is pretty new to me.  The first copy was "ok", but the skills were not helpful for most of the missions.  The Hero Lab version seemed a little bit better.  I appreciate you guys having generic copies out like that, wish I could have grabbed some of the other class generics before I left.  Also noticed the calendars at some of the tables, but missed those as well.  Can someone point me to where I can print those out for Season 6 please?

Some of the GM's felt bad I wasn't involved more, but truth was, others had better skill ratings than I did, so rolling a Perception dice pool of 2 didn't seem like much when people were rolling 7-8 dice.  So I sat back and let them do the work.  I figured since we were all connected by comlink they would announce what they saw, or pass along pictures.  I chalked it up to "this isn't what the tank does, his time will come later".  I had a good time overall, even if it looked like I was just sitting back.  I was kinda frustrated at the end of the first adventure, but as I thought about it, not every character is going to be good at every skill, so I let it go and enjoyed the rest of the missions.

I played all 6 SRM missions that were available that weekend.  I thought they were all connected, like a campaign, one after another.  Maybe in the descriptions when signing up, you could point to which ones tie to each other?  Like 6-01, 6-03, and 6-06 all seem to be linked, while the other 3 seem to be stand-alones.  "If trying for continuity, when playing 6-01, please consider 6-03, and -06."

SRM 06-02 "Poison the Well"  - Thanks to the off-duty GM's for sitting in and playing so we had a full table!!  Would have sucked if it had only been the 2 of us playing since nobody else showed...and the story we used to get into the facility was comedic genius!

SRM 6-06 "Falling Angels" - I get the impression it should have been for characters with more Karma/Gear, not people just starting out.  Some of the adversaries were very tough for generic beginners.  Don't get me wrong, it was very "seat-of-my-pants", to see if we were going to survive, but it felt like the GM (and those others that had already run/played it) had to pull some (a lot of) punches in order to avoid the TPK.

As a new player, I hope I'm not too off base here, I had a great time and will be looking forward to next year at DragonCon!

"The Beef"

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #10 on: <09-15-15/0926:29> »
It was enjoyable playing SRM 06-02 with you. I am Hardware.

LordJhiaxus

• Newb
  • Apathy, catch the fever, or don't.........
« Reply #11 on: <09-15-15/1446:54> »
I enjoyed playing with you too Mr Beef!, I was playing Rising Phoenix and Owner and CEO of Devil Rat Busters, "Who you gonna call?".

From what I have been told, until recently, the last in the series of missions, is the toughest. The one you mentioned, is probably the toughest of the tough until you get to Prime missions, from what I have gone through.  As a pregen making it through those alive, no matter what may have been done to the module is an accomplishment. I look forward to playing/running with you again next Dragoncon.

LJ

LordJhiaxus

• Newb
  • Apathy, catch the fever, or don't.........
« Reply #12 on: <09-15-15/1450:56> »
Here is a link to download files, one of which is the missions calander:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/119272/Shadowrun-Missions-Season-5-Prep-Files&affiliate_id=235872

BISH0P007

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <09-16-15/0210:52> »
Thank you for the link sir!

"The Beef"