NEWS

SR Fiction - Shaken: No Job Too Small

• 52 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #45 on: <07-23-15/2346:49> »
Just a quick fyi, but I'm gonna be over in the RPGnet chatroom tomorrow evening, starting around 8:00 pm CDT.  Swing by and say howdy, ask questions about the book or other stuff I've worked on, yadda yadda yadda.  The more the merrier:  http://tinyurl.com/rpgnetchat

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <07-24-15/0810:59> »
Excellent!! Putting in calendar now! ;)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <07-26-15/0913:39> »
For those who were not able to make it (myself included :(), transcript of the chat can be found here:

[Q&A] Russell Zimmerman (Shadowrun: Shaken (No Job Too Small))

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #48 on: <07-26-15/0935:59> »
Thanks for posting the link.

I would have loved to be able to join in, but that darned time difference meant it would have been a 2:00 am start!
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #49 on: <07-26-15/1608:17> »
Thanks, AJ, I posted it a few other places, but forgot about this thread.  My bad!

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #50 on: <01-27-16/0954:53> »
Finally found the time to read Shaken. It was a very cool read, one of the best, if not the best, of the new bunch of SR novels.

On the down side, after reading Crimson and the Thomas McAllister Mysteries I was a little bit disappointed that it was essentially

[spoiler]another Vampire tale[/spoiler]

but I guess that part of Kincaid's backstory had to have some resolution. Also, I might be a bit too genre-savvy when it comes to detective stories, but I have to admit

[spoiler]I had guessed who the real baddie was almost immediately.[/spoiler]

Not that it prevented me from thoroughly enjoying the ride and the writing, hard-boiled in all the right ways :)

I'll write a more detailed review for my website soon. [edit: aaaaand here it is :) The original is in French, but Google Trad might help. Somewhat.]

All in all, I hope Jimmy Kincaid will return sooner rather than later :)
« Last Edit: <01-27-16/1131:04> by Marzhin »
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #51 on: <01-27-16/1844:27> »
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Marzhin, and thanks for the feedback!  There's plenty more Kincaid coming (eyes an open Word window right now).  :)

I appreciate the detailed review, and I hope you continue to enjoy Jimmy's stories. 

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #52 on: <01-28-16/1016:12> »
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Marzhin, and thanks for the feedback!  There's plenty more Kincaid coming (eyes an open Word window right now).  :)

Amazing :D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)