NEWS

Imaging Scope question

• 2 Replies

Vassily

• Newb
« on: <08-02-11/0057:44> »
I fear I might be overlooking something, but some of the weapons in SR4A (the Ranger Arms SM-4 sniper rifle, in particular) says that it comes with an imaging scope as standard.  My player asked what that would do for him, so I looked up imaging scopes, where it said it can be fitted with vision modifications, like glasses, etc.  However, that section doesn't list a capacity for the imaging scope.

Does it have a maximum capacity, or can you just pay for a scope to have every mod in it?  If one comes standard, what is the standard mod loadout (I would assume vision magnification)?  If they do put everything in it, can they use them all at the same time?

I tried searching all the 4e stuff, and the best indicator I found was in Gun Heaven, where a rifle came with a default imaging scope with 4 mods in it.

Anyone who can clarify or point me in the right direction would be a great help.

squee_nabob

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <08-02-11/0846:04> »
On Page 322 of SR4A it says "Imaging Scopes can be uprgaded with any of the vision enhancements noted on page 333". That may mean there is a capacity maxium somewhere, but if so I have not found it. IIRC capacity for optical devices was added between SR4 and SR4A, so catalyst may have forgotten to give the Imaging Scope capacity.

caproberts

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-27-12/2357:08> »
I use the capacity rates for glasses. I the price rate for it as well.