NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [IC]

• 526 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-21-15/0715:23> »
I am nearly finished with my food and the cute waitress brings some nice beverage.
Meetings are difficult and being late for an appointment is not very professional.

I am Mark I finally say, figuring out that if anyone is wanting me dead I am not going anywhere as I seem to be cheating the angle of death himself. At my age there is nothing to be shy and it is not like they can place me back in jail for stuff that I already did time on.  I am a tourist here... I wanted to see the world before I drop dead. Have you traveled before? I finally say and smile.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <09-21-15/0957:12> »
After the waitress brought each of you your ordered dishes and drinks, she leaves you again.
Even after the long awkward silence, Mr. Johnson has not yet arrived.

[spoiler]These are momos:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_%28dumpling%29
There must be a mistake in the picture, however. Momos always comes in herds of ten.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-21-15/1411:15> »
Cinder answered:
"Hello Mark. I'm called Cinder and I am no tourist. Actually, I'm not entirely sure if you have the right restaurant - or for that matter if I have the right one. I'm here for a business meeting, but it should have started by now."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <09-21-15/1425:32> »
Mark said "We are probobly here for the same business meeting as nobody comes to a restaurant like this alone. If we do not talk in a friendly manner we are about as subtle as a hand grenade. I was told that a decker was needed this is why I cam, I did some matrix jobs in my time. "

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-21-15/1438:04> »
The food was excellent, so Byron preferred focussing on his meat-filled dumplings rather than on smalltalk. If only the servings were bigger...
"To be expected.", he uttered with his mouth full. "Nepalis just don't know what punctuality is."
"I'm Scarcrow, i work as a model."

"You guys know anything about why we're here?"
« Last Edit: <09-21-15/1449:52> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-21-15/1447:38> »
Nice to meet you Scarecrow... that's an unusual name.. how did you get it?

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-21-15/1700:49> »
Under other circumstances Byron would just blush the question off. He didn't like smalltalk and he definitely didn't like talking about his past, but he felt like Mark really asked this question out of curiosity, not just for the sake of smalltalk. Plus, he didn't want to ruin the relationship with his fellow teammates already, so he figured, he might as well do his part of the talking now.

"Took it on myself. I'm from 'merrica, you know, tried a new start here in Nepal. So I needed a new streetname when I came here. Something intimidating, something that says don't fuck with this guy. And a guy back home used to say I'm like a scarecrow. Then there were the scars", and he pointed at his ugly, disfigured face "so - boom. Scarcrow."

He shoved two dumplings at once in his mouth, signaling that he wouldn't go into further details.

« Last Edit: <09-21-15/1707:37> by luckace »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-21-15/1807:10> »
"I see." Cinder nodded. "Well, I am at least somewhat familiar with our target. So here is what I know..."
Cinder explained in short what the temple was doing and how the children were abused for skill wire technology testing.

"...and as you can see, someone has to put a stop to this. But now it seems as if the Johnson has lost interest. A pity. That technology is probably worth millions."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-21-15/1923:54> »
If only that guy would know how Mark got his own street name. Luckily to the untrained eye Mark looked like a regular street name. It is actually the reason he first saw the inside of a join't  "Couldn't get a freaking Mark" was just too long for a street name. His old team just started calling him Mark in scorn, the name stuck eventually new people just knew him as Mark.

To Scarcraw - "'I see, well at least you picked your own name. Not everybody get to do that."

To Cinder "Do we even need a Jhonson? you seem to be quite knowledgeable... perhaps we can just pick up the bill and meet someplace else... the less mediators the more yeltz for us."

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-22-15/1037:55> »

Scarcrow remained silent as Cinder explained the story.
"So... you're a cop? Guess you can't simply get a search-warrant or something like that?"

[spoiler]Of course he asks this question only if Cinder indicated that he is involved with the police.[/spoiler]

"Aye, if Johnson won't show up, we should maybe go to a more private place.", he agreed with Mark. "Let's ask the waitress who made the reservation for the table and for how many people, maybe he left a number or so. Probably not, but worth a try."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-22-15/1222:37> »
It is just when you started thinking about leaving the place, with considerable delay, that someone entered the room.
You somehow thought of a Nepali businessman or something. You were wrong, utterly wrong.
The first thing you realize is that he is a huge ork.
The second thing you realize is that she is a huge ork.

"Good evening, gentlemen", she said. And with that you realize you were wrong with the Nepali as well. Chinese

She gives each and everyone of you an inquiring look, her face emotionless and hard. She walks over to the table, followed by the timid waitress who looks utterly frightened. Mrs. Johnson weighs at least 100 kg. You'd estimate even a bit more. Some of it is fat, a good deal goes to her bosom, but the majority is steel-hard muscles. If not steel muscles. She mad no effort to conceal that both her eyes and her right arm are chrome. She has bushy eyebrows, a military way to walk, move and talk, and considerable tusks. Apart from this, she seems to be very Chinese.

"So, you're the cop", she says with a nod to Cinder.
"Muscles" Scarcrow.
"Decker" Mark.

She sits down. Immediately the waitress puts down a plate of momos (the Natives realize that there are twelve momos on the plate). Just as the waitress attempts to flee, Mrs. Johnson cries out in a commanding voice: "Where the fuck are the chopsticks? Didn't I tell your worthless boss I'm eating with chopsticks?"
She picks up the plate and flings it through the room. With a cry, the waitress gets down on her knees the pick up the plate, then decides otherwise and hurries off to replace her guest's momo plate.

As if nothing had happened, Mrs. Johnson asks: "So. Did you use your time to brief the others, policeman?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <09-22-15/1238:02> »
I ain't working for that JERK. We might as well advertise on the news what we are about to do. So much mayhem and noise.

I am preparing my body and mind very well for what I am about to say, a dash of magic also never hurts. 
[spoiler]
Improve Charisma: 14d6t5 6
Drain: 9d6t5 4
Highten concern to negate sustaining bonus for the con. (charisma raised to 6 social limit is now 7.
Fast talk con: 16d6t5 7 - hit my social limit.
[/spoiler]

My face are not showing anything, I am after all a very skilled at reshaping the truth and I did have a big glass to drink and at my age...  I am lucky I do not live inside the toilet.

"Well excuse me Miss. Johnson... but at my age, when nature call you have to answer".

I walk toward the toilet, but I do not enter them. No not at all, instead I get out and enter my car. I sit in the car for a short while and consider my options... I may actually take that job, but there is no way I am going to be in the same room as a violent Johnson that can brake me just as easily as she broke that plate.  She pays me for decking, not for dating. If she want to hire or meet me, we can do so in AR.  My AR persona, returns from the toilet. "Do not ask... I say it may take a while... but do not wait for me I am listening."

As for myself... I am driving and am trying to place as some distance between me and Miss. Johnson.
I know enough that a lady that has no respect for a waitress has no respect for her employees, but to be honest I need the money I'll have to be very careful with her. If she figures up the kind of stunt I did to her, she'll have to appreciate my acting skills, or kill me but definitely one of the two.
« Last Edit: <09-22-15/1259:02> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <09-22-15/1444:06> »
"I did... reluctantly. I have to ask you not to abuse the staff. There is no need for violence... yet."
Cinder looked after the retreating form of the Decker.
"Although we all seem to have little time for etiquette here..."
talk think matrix

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-22-15/1454:33> »
Scarcrow had difficulties hiding his smile. He didn't like the way Mrs. Johnson treated the little waitress, but apart from that his first impression was rather positive, and he usually found it hard to like people he just met. Man, I'd love to challenge her for arm-wrestling...
"About the job, Miss Johnson", he asked her, trying to pull the toppic away from aggression back to business "What exactly do you want us to do? Just get the kids out of there, or shall we... undo whatever drek these guys did?"
"And is that even possible?"
, he asks Mark's persona, figuring that the decker would probably be the one to undo that.
« Last Edit: <09-22-15/1456:15> by luckace »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <09-22-15/1550:15> »
Mark said "Perhaps it is possible perhaps it is not, undoing is the job of scientists not deckers... but perhaps we can steal the knowledge of how to do so we can blackmail them."