NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #840 on: <10-03-15/0100:54> »
Achak supposes that Mr. Abbey could be the one providing the vampires with fine works of art to act as bait. This would suppose that Duncan, being an immortal elf, was playing the long game by casting in his lot with his fellow immortals (the vampires), but Achak probably isn't that paranoid yet. He's asked for Duncan's help in making arrangements for and in Manhattan, which suggests a reasonable level of comfort with Duncan's trustworthiness.

Achak is probably not going to immediately pawn all of Stake's stuff, but he's not above poaching supplies.

As for Manhattan plans, I think we were waiting on some commlink hacking to help inform those. I had forgotten that we had the Johnson's commcode. Again, some commlink hacking would help inform our strategy. (Do we wish to impersonate the runner team, and report on their success? Breaking Iki's comm will help determine if that's feasible or if some other approach is more prudent.)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #841 on: <10-06-15/2006:38> »
In the latest IC post, Achak is trying to subtly butter up Duncan with the promise of future prizes. This is both to help encourage Duncan to generously underwrite the current expedition while simultaneously playing to his profit motive in an effort to ensure his loyalty.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #842 on: <10-08-15/1823:54> »
My only other contact that might be able to provide IDs is Rose Delayne. Based on what has been learned and questions that Mercer will ask, what rating of fake SIN seems like a decent minimum for moving around most of Manhattan? Would the R4s we have suffice or do we need to look into R5+? The problem with that being that at R5 the cost is 12,500¥ plus licenses, requiring a 1wk delivery time.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #843 on: <10-09-15/2109:21> »
Regarding the painting and its sale, Achak is trying to signal Duncan that there's some leeway with where it ends up. He said "a proper home", instead of something stronger like "rightful". He also said "a proper home" instead of "its proper home", indicating that there could be more than one interpretation. Achak knows Sister Rebecca is standing right there, but he doesn't necessarily share her concerns. (Achak buys Duncan's argument that there is no rightful owner.) So, Achak is angling for a profitable resolution that also acknowledges Sister Rebecca's reservations. If Duncan sells it to an unsatisfactory party, Sister Rebecca won't really be in a position to object after the transaction is complete. And, if she does, Achak will pull rank on her.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #844 on: <10-09-15/2115:21> »
And Honestly, Becca is really more concerned with not feeling like she profited from a stolen painting than she is in tracking down who it actually, factually, belongs to. She hasn't expressed this, but thats where her interest actually lies.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #845 on: <10-13-15/1635:12> »
I'm back from my conference and playing catch-up.  Regular posting should resume sometime tomorrow.  Thanks for your patience.

In other news, I think Duncan Abbey has a lead on a very old, very valuable artifact currently being held by a powerful vampire in the PCC.  ;)  Really liked the nod to the game in Tabula Rasa, Tec.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #846 on: <10-15-15/1416:27> »
@rednblack That IC post could use a bit of help with its quote tags.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #847 on: <10-15-15/1557:35> »
@rednblack That IC post could use a bit of help with its quote tags.

Thanks, Tec.  Fixed.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #848 on: <10-23-15/2023:43> »
My apologies for neglecting this, as I have been doing some heavy lifting to be getting ready for Tabula Rasa.

In my free time at home (which is basically my time in the bathroom these days), I've been reading the Manhattan PDF. This is slightly unrealistic, as Achak doesn't know any of it, but I figured it would be the type of things he could learn via Grotto1. It might also save rednblack the hassle of having to regurgitate it all for us too.

OOCly (but will be mentioned ICly when the time comes) I'm guessing that we'll be smuggled around the city by coyotes and/or Neo-As. As such, we might not want to go to the effort of getting Mercer's Roadmaster out there, even if he has an emotional attachment to it. But, we probably won't know if that's the best approach until we figure out what's on this commlink, so hacking is probably our next step.

@rednblack Do we have a nuyen figure for what Duncan would be willing to loan us?

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #849 on: <10-24-15/1920:59> »
Becca's gonna be unable to make any solid plans until she sees what Marcus has to say at this meet. Not only that, but the results of the hacking will be important as well.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #850 on: <10-27-15/1128:04> »
My apologies for neglecting this, as I have been doing some heavy lifting to be getting ready for Tabula Rasa.

In my free time at home (which is basically my time in the bathroom these days), I've been reading the Manhattan PDF. This is slightly unrealistic, as Achak doesn't know any of it, but I figured it would be the type of things he could learn via Grotto1. It might also save rednblack the hassle of having to regurgitate it all for us too.

Fair warning that everything in the PDF will not be canon.  Should be a good intro, though, and will definitely be the kind of (mis)information available on Grotto1.

OOCly (but will be mentioned ICly when the time comes) I'm guessing that we'll be smuggled around the city by coyotes and/or Neo-As. As such, we might not want to go to the effort of getting Mercer's Roadmaster out there, even if he has an emotional attachment to it. But, we probably won't know if that's the best approach until we figure out what's on this commlink, so hacking is probably our next step.

@rednblack Do we have a nuyen figure for what Duncan would be willing to loan us?

Mercer asked for 10k, I believe.  Abbey's fine with that number.  If you think you'll need more, address it ICly. 

Becca's gonna be unable to make any solid plans until she sees what Marcus has to say at this meet. Not only that, but the results of the hacking will be important as well.

We'll probably cover the meeting with Marcus in a couple large strokes.  Does Becca still want the Detox spell?
« Last Edit: <10-27-15/1129:45> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #851 on: <10-27-15/1142:35> »

We'll probably cover the meeting with Marcus in a couple large strokes.  Does Becca still want the Detox spell?

Cool. OOC, I absolutely do NOT wanna waste karma and resources on it, but IC, it's what becca would do.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #852 on: <10-30-15/0343:50> »
I hope I covered everything in my IC. Mercer is fine not bringing his ride, just so long as they meet back up eventually.

The rest of the plans are really waiting on cracking the commlink so we have a better idea of where we need to go once we're there. If Achak is right and we can stay "underground" - perhaps literally - for much of our travels we might be able to avoid much of the bureaucracy. Right now, though, we're just playing with too many possibilities.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #853 on: <10-30-15/1320:07> »
A little pressed with the day job today, but I'll get Elijah's work up ICly once I can grab a few minutes to do some dice rolling, etc.  The team has the contact info for Lazlo, so do with that what you will.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #854 on: <11-10-15/2222:31> »
Can we get a physical address for Sunrise? I'm hoping they have an office in Manhattan.