• 1158 Replies

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #345 on: <03-13-15/1709:14> »
Weapon focus!
« Last Edit: <03-13-15/1736:49> by Tecumseh »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #346 on: <03-13-15/1732:25> »
Weapon focus!

DAMMIT! Thanks.

Forgot the sword was a force 3 weapon focus: 3d6t5 0

eh, it aint my day.

Hell with it though, Becca aint even been attacked by anything yet, right? Not much fun if we steamroll these guys, eh?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #347 on: <03-13-15/1737:04> »
Also, +1 Friends in Melee Combat.

If he's at -4 for Previously Defended and -1 for Reach then we'll be eating away his Defense pool pretty well.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #349 on: <03-13-15/1744:27> »
My first thought was to send the bartenders down through the basement, but I don't want them trying to leave through the basement and get shot by Elijah's drones.

Not to mention that due to Leliel being a water spirit, her method of taking out the generators may have made the basement into a deathtrap all on its own.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #350 on: <03-13-15/2133:08> »
Vampire 1 had to spend edge, but made only a glancing blow from Sister Rebecca's Sword of Gabriel.

CT 5 IP 1
Achak 27
Stake 20
Sister Rebecca 19
Vampire 1 16
AY 10

Stake is up.

@Tecumseh, The Zeke is going to try to make a Called Shot: Vitals against Achak, and is using edge -- his last?  That's 3 so far -- to Push the Limit.  His aim is to strike out with the edge of his hand to hit Achak in the Adam's apple.  Base damage is 7P staged to 9P from the Called Shot.  Achak should be worried about this one.
« Last Edit: <03-13-15/2149:30> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #351 on: <03-13-15/2159:28> »
Does my movement to the stairs put me into the "Running" category? Anything past 12 meters puts me into it. Was waiting on that before making my shot.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #352 on: <03-13-15/2243:30> »
If you're wanting to get inside the stairwell you'll need to run.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #353 on: <03-13-15/2251:05> »
CT 5; Action Pass 1; Acting on Initiative 20

Move Action - Move towards stairwell
Free Action - Run
Simple Action - Command Barkeepers [Wait until they're focused on me. Then get out of here. Understand? Go home to your families.]
Simple Action - Fire Semi-Automatic Shot at Machine Pistol AY

Commanding the Bartenders (Leadership 1 + Charisma 8 + Tailored Pheromones 3 + First Impression 2 - Wounds 1): 13d6t5 4 [1, 2, 1, 1, 5, 6, 3, 4, 1, 6, 4, 5, 3]

Single Fire with Ares Alpha (Agility 7 + Automatics 6 + Specialization 2 + Wireless Smartlink 2 - Wounds 1 - Running 2): 14d6t5 4 [1, 2, 5, 1, 3, 5, 1, 4, 1, 5, 1, 5, 3, 1]

DV is 11S + Net hits, AP -. The Knockdown effect is based on his Physical Limit - 2 (for Gel Round).

1 Gel Round used in Clip; 30 remaining.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #354 on: <03-13-15/2302:08> »
Machine pistol yak was not expecting that shot to come from that direction. Stake rings his bell, and he goes down.  Hard.

Awful, awful GM rolls on dodge and soak.

Stake has lost line of sight on both the shotgun yak and the smg yak.

They act next, but I'm at the night job so I may not get to them tonight.

ETA: actually they won't e doing anything y'all know about. After we get rolls for Achak we're ready for IP 2
« Last Edit: <03-13-15/2305:12> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #355 on: <03-14-15/0033:10> »
@Tecumseh, The Zeke is going to try to make a Called Shot: Vitals against Achak, and is using edge -- his last?  That's 3 so far -- to Push the Limit.  His aim is to strike out with the edge of his hand to hit Achak in the Adam's apple.  Base damage is 7P staged to 9P from the Called Shot.  Achak should be worried about this one.

Alright, let's pencil this out and do some probabilities:

- Achak's Physical limit is 7, as is his Accuracy with the gunstock war club.
- His base Dodge pool is Reaction 7 + Intuition 6 + Combat Sense 1 = 14.
- Taking a cue from the vampire, and since he has some Initiative that he doesn't necessarily need, Achak could use Parry. Per the rules, bonus dice (as from a weapon focus) may be added to this roll.
- That would add Clubs 6 + Specialization 2 + Weapon Focus 3 = 11 dice to the dodge pool, for a total of 25.
- Even if I continue my rolling rate of 27%, that would mean 7 hits on 25 dice, which would hit Achak's limit.
- With 25 dice, there is a 63% chance of losing hits due to Accuracy and/or Physical limit.
- 7 hits is a lot of dodging, but GM hints suggest the vampire might be exceeding his limit and therefore I should be using Edge to push my own limit.
- Adding 3 Edge to Push the Limit brings the dice pool up to 28.

So here we go with Parry. Let's see what sort of magic Orokos has in store for me:

Reaction 7 + Intuition 6 + Combat Sense 1 + Clubs 6 + Specialization 2 + Weapon Focus 3 + Edge 3: 28d6t5 11 hits, for 39% how improbable

New initiative is 22 for CT5 IP1, lowering to 12 for IP2.

Given the stated initiative order, Achak should still act first in IP2. Let's try something tricky. As much as Achak would really like to bludgeon this guy to death himself, he will make an effort to be selfless and let Sister Rebecca lop Zeke's head off. I've never used a Melee Teamwork test (p. 188), so let's give it a try. Basic principles:

- Achak rolls a regular attack
- Zeke rolls Intuition
- Net hits are added to Sister Rebecca's next attack test as a positive dicepool modifier

Hopefully Sister can use those to hit her limit and score a blow. Maybe Zeke will just parry like he has been, but we'll deal with that if it happens.

Agility 5 + Clubs 6 + Specialization 2 + Weapon Focus 3 + Friends in Melee 1: 17d6t5 5 hits, back to my comfortable sub-30% rolling

So, Poindexter, +5 to your attack minus whatever the vampire rolls for Intuition. I suppose you could add all 5 and let rednblack adjust the results as necessary.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #356 on: <03-14-15/0040:14> »
@Tecumseh, well played. The Zeke misses. That could've been real nasty as the Zeke did indeed roll well above his limit.

@Tecumseh and Poindexter, the Zeke got 3 hits on intuition rolling 75% successes. Impressive, but that still gives the good sister 2 bonus dice. Use them well.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #357 on: <03-14-15/0100:15> »
Oo, I forgot to have my 6s explode! I never use Exploding 6s.

Rerolling 6s: 4d6o6t5 1 hit

I mangled the Orokos syntax horribly but I'm reasonably sure that 7 is supposed to be a 6 that rerolled a 1.

12 hit parry. Pity I don't have counterstrike.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #358 on: <03-14-15/0120:51> »
@Tecumseh and Poindexter, the Zeke got 3 hits on intuition rolling 75% successes. Impressive, but that still gives the good sister 2 bonus dice. Use them well.

I spose her actions this round will be much the same as last round.

Cut the abomination! (Agi 8 + Blades 4 + spec 2 +3 weapon +2 teamwork - 2 astral distraction): 17d6t5 10

THERE we go! too bad my limit is only 6. MAN, after this run, yall mind if I retcon this sword a bit? Thinking of using one of the cougar fineblades instead. I didn't realize just how much I was hamstringing myself.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #359 on: <03-14-15/0125:48> »
Hit! Mind reminding me what base damage is?

I'm fine with ret-conning.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal