NEWS

Street Lethal - New toys, few gems

• 99 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #45 on: <06-29-18/2118:27> »
Yeah but WAR! was fairly epic power Creep.
The SL has legal starting LAW, and several grenade launchers.  So I do think we got some merc style stuff. Stat up tanks is a little outside the scope and we did get one parachute and wing suite. Do you really wanna see runners driving around Seattle in a tank, or an MRAP?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #46 on: <06-29-18/2151:43> »
Do you really wanna see runners driving around Seattle in a tank, or an MRAP?
Pfft.  I scared the hell out of Seattle with just a bus and some propane tanks.

The Streets Find Ways after all.  For everything else, there is Krime.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #47 on: <06-30-18/0028:02> »
The SL has legal starting LAW, and several grenade launchers.  So I do think we got some merc style stuff. Stat up tanks is a little outside the scope and we did get one parachute and wing suite. Do you really wanna see runners driving around Seattle in a tank, or an MRAP?

It never hurts to know what the opposition has available.... to steal, repurpose, and sell....
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #48 on: <06-30-18/0203:40> »
Rules for field expedient mayhem are definitely needed.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Nephilim

• Newb
« Reply #49 on: <06-30-18/0309:13> »

I'd like some stats on them. One of my previous campaigns was a Merc campaign and I had to make all that stuff myself. It's true tanks are outside the scope of most normal SR campaigns, but there's plenty of ways to play, and some of them call for tanks.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #50 on: <06-30-18/0404:55> »
If only so we know if a Troll Channeling a Force 10 Energy Aura while wielding a Claymore needs one or two hits to destroy it.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <06-30-18/0808:58> »

It's not like we didn't get stats for anti-grav space craft - all in all I think a real tank or other military vehicles probably appear more often in stories than space craft.

And as for the parachute: We got exactly two stats: it's price and the information that it can't be reused.
Where are the paragliders, the underwater propulsion devices or stuff like field kits and tents? Instead of focusing only on shooty-bang-bang weapons, a few more low tech traps and defenses could have been statted - you know, useful stuff instead of the sixth iteration of a hand gun that is worse in nearly every way then just modding one of the guns from core.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #52 on: <06-30-18/0932:35> »

It's not like we didn't get stats for anti-grav space craft - all in all I think a real tank or other military vehicles probably appear more often in stories than space craft.
No Argument there.

And as for the parachute: We got exactly two stats: it's price and the information that it can't be reused.
Where are the paragliders, the underwater propulsion devices or stuff like field kits and tents? Instead of focusing only on shooty-bang-bang weapons, a few more low tech traps and defenses could have been statted - you know, useful stuff instead of the sixth iteration of a hand gun that is worse in nearly every way then just modding one of the guns from core.

The stats were posted, I think Kincaid posted them, I'll look for the thread.

Edit https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=27555.0
In there!

As to the rest yeah 6th world camping gear would be cool.
« Last Edit: <06-30-18/0934:31> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <07-04-18/1125:03> »
the boots are quite a bit OP imho.
Are they Stun or Physical?

EDIT: I somehow managed to miss 3 pages of the thread. *headdesk*
« Last Edit: <07-04-18/1232:45> by psycho835 »

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #54 on: <07-04-18/1216:27> »
After all these books, one would think a standalone parachute would appear.  A disposable parachute seems like a specialty item designed specifically to fit in that armor.

I've been fudging it as a Tool Kit (p. 443, SR5) for the Free Fall skill:  500 nuyen, Availability --, reusable.  I've only had a character use it once, to BASE jump from the top of Truman Tower (thanks, Opti, for that fun playtest of SRM 08-01).
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #55 on: <07-05-18/1827:46> »
I'd like to point out an easily missed item, the Krime Pack has a Wireless Bonus you might actually use!

Or not.   ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #56 on: <07-07-18/0347:36> »
When I saw the Krime pack’s wireless function I admit I laughed.
I wonder whether it’s the author poking fun at the usual wireless functionality
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #57 on: <07-07-18/0609:11> »
Gotta love Krime.

Putting the Neon into Pink Mohawk!
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #58 on: <07-07-18/1155:48> »
When I saw the Krime pack’s wireless function I admit I laughed.
I wonder whether it’s the author poking fun at the usual wireless functionality
A small part of that, but also pushing that Krime is using Radio Shack for its electronics, which is seen in the Krime Triple Series of Gattling Guns.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <07-08-18/0408:08> »
As fun and thematic as the idea is, this jammer has a few mechanical and semantic problems:

"Operates as an Area Jammer (Device Rating 2; p. 441, SR5), but instead of inhibiting wireless functionality, reduce a DR to zero, indicating that the system’s audio (if any) has been overridden."

Note that the way it's written it sounds as if the Jammer Rating is independent of the effect - which is defined as setting a DR to zero.

This is vastly more powerful than a regular jammer. Device Rating 0 means that Dataprocessing and Firewall are reduced to 0 as well. Condition monitors are also dependent on DR. Likewise that will make PAN's break down since a DR 0 device can slave 0 devices.

Then there is this little rule: "If a device is completely unattended, the Device Rating stands in for any Mental attributes an icon needs but doesn’t have. For example, a device that an owner sets and forgets, like a door lock, uses its Device Rating in place of Intuition as part of the defense pool against a Control Device action."

And since you can't exempt yourself from this barrage, suddenly all your own gear is completely vulnerable against attacks that originate from outside your bubble...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex