NEWS

[Recruitment] European Vacation

• 38 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« on: <04-12-11/0908:18> »
As two players dropped from the game, I'm opening a new thread for the purpose of recruitment. EV is a middle-to-high level game, with characters going abroad for a mission in the TriCity Free Corporate Zone.

Currently there is one slot open, for a Hacker, preferably a Combat Hacker, or Combat Rigger/Hacker. And since the BP pool for character creation is 500 and the Availability cap is raised to 16, it's entirely doable. I'd prefer a Hacker, not a Technomancer, since Techno's tend to be a headache to control rules-wise. And their tendency to get hurt often and badly by the use of threading and compiling is also a nuisance, and it derails the game pace often.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

mdp

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <04-12-11/1000:08> »
I would like to give that a try, but I have dificulty's understanding all of the hacker rules
Wanted to play a hacker in a table top game too but neither I nor the GM are very familiar with hacker rules
I'll work out a concept and post it for consideration tommorow

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #2 on: <04-12-11/1024:22> »
Just take some time to familiarize yourself with the rules - they aren't that complicated, but they still need to be understood. Don't worry about too many rolls, and such, as I tend to boil it down to 2-3 rolls tops, and use Buying Hits for the opponent rolls frequently.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-12-11/1032:18> »
since Techno's tend to be a headache to control rules-wise. And their tendency to get hurt often and badly by the use of threading and compiling is also a nuisance, and it derails the game pace often.

Hi

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-12-11/1037:27> »
If you still have need of a combat hacker for this PbP, I can beef up Lovecraft (see runner's black book thread) with an additional 100bp and jump in. Adept hacker is a good way to pull double duty.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #5 on: <04-12-11/1041:06> »
since Techno's tend to be a headache to control rules-wise. And their tendency to get hurt often and badly by the use of threading and compiling is also a nuisance, and it derails the game pace often.

Hi

ROTFL
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #6 on: <04-12-11/1119:13> »

Hi

ROTFL

No offense, but Kot's got a point there...
"Wait, lemme look that up for you." and half a minute later your nose is bleeding and you need 4 hours of sleep. :p

Also. F***. I take a 350BP mage in an area with lots of background count (and worse), only to lose out on a 500BP char with heavy drones?! That's just nasty!
(No way I can finish a char in time, *sniff*)
« Last Edit: <04-12-11/1122:44> by Xzylvador »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #7 on: <04-12-11/1201:41> »
The rules are simple - whoever posts a suitable character with a background included in this threads, wins a ticket to TriCity. But it's not a Death Race 2000, take your time. :)

P.S. Technomancers and their nosebleeds. Anime-style. :)

mdp

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <04-12-11/1216:59> »
Well I have a concept and am busy making the numbers go round
Just one question, is the rigger part nessecary, or will spider skills do?
In other words, do I need drones?
Or will it be okay to just have the possibility to take over other drones?
« Last Edit: <04-12-11/1218:53> by mdp »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #9 on: <04-12-11/1226:02> »
This is your choice. Making the hacker capable at one type of combat and another complimentary skillset, like B&E or driving would be also valuable. I'll ask the current players to post their 'things' here.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #10 on: <04-12-11/1457:02> »
Whisper is an adept infiltrator.
Pros: He uses blades and a bow to handle his wetwork. His past is former UCAS spec-ops turned professional smuggler. His natural environment is the outdoors, and he can move around the urban jungle just as well as a real one.
Negs: He's not a talker, and while he has tact, he rarely uses it to tell you when you fucked up or pissed him off.

that's about it, feel free to look him over as there is a link to him in my signature below.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #11 on: <04-12-11/1604:08> »
CW is an occult investigator
a little bit magic/data search/face
most important he is local from tricity - your guide, local contact
he talks to much
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

mwiland

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <04-12-11/1714:06> »
2 questions one you limit on starting attributes (standard is no more than 200bp) and starting skill group skill lvl (standard starting limit is 4)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #13 on: <04-12-11/1716:16> »
It's all answered at the beginning of the OOC thread.

mwiland

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <04-12-11/1826:55> »
that answered my question about attribute starting 250bp but not starting skill ratings current for skill groups is 4 is all that still the same or is that getting a bump as well? if not thats fine.