NEWS

[6WE] Character Build Thread

• 41 Replies

Moonrunner

• Chummer
« on: <08-20-19/0949:18> »
Post your awesome 6WE builds here.  Let's begin a collection of cool 6WE builds we can use and comment on!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <08-20-19/1412:05> »
Mercedes

Born in Aztlan, Haydée Vega and her elf mother migrated to Seattle in 2061 when she was 11. They tried to get into Tir Tairngire, but were refused, leading to their becoming connected with the Laésa. Her mother did the odd data runs for the group, but Haydée decided the only way to really control your fate in the shadows was to dictate the rules. When she awakened at 14 with the abilities to charm those around her, she zeroed in an honed those abilities into a razor's edge. Taking the street name Mercedes, she began establishing contacts as she played 'tagalong' on some runs. She take the pragmatic view that it's easier to get in and out using words instead of bullets.

"When you start shooting, somebody will wind up dead. And from all I've seen, it usually turns out to be the person that first started firing."

Female Elf Face

Priorities:
A: Attributes (24)
B: Race (Elf)
C: Skills (20)
D: Magic (Adept 1)
E: Resource (8,000 ¥)

--B--|--A--|--R--|--S--|--W--|--L--|--I--|--C--|-EDG-|--M--|-ESS-
    2|    5|    3|    2|    5|    5|    5|    9|    2|    6|  6.0

Iniative/Actions:
Condition Monitors:
Defense Rating:

Active Skills: Astral 2, Athletics 1, Con 4, Electronics 1, Firearms 1, Influence (Etiquette +2) 5, Perception 4, Stealth 1
Languages: Aztlaner Spanish (N), English (2) Sperethiel (1)
Qualities: (net +10) SINner (Aztlan National), Exceptional Attribute (Charisma), First Impression, Honorbound (White Hat), Impaired Attribute (Strength -2)
Adept Powers: Astral Perception, Combat Sense 2, Enhanced Perception, Improve Ability (Influence) 3, Kinesics, Mystic Armor 5, Vocal Control
Contacts:
     Diego Guerin (C7/L8, Latino ork fixer, has ties to media and politics)
     Joey (C3/L9, Ork Bartender at Underworld 93)
     Mr. Grey (C9/L2, Human Johnson)
     Tiff Hirot (C8/L8, Human wageslave working for Aztechnology Seattle)
Lifestyle: Medium (1 month prepaid), DocWagon Platinum (1 month prepaid)
Gear: Actioneer Business Suit (w/ feedback and electric resistance 6), AR gloves, contacts (w/ flare compensation, image link, smartlink), earbuds (w select sound 3), Fake SIN 4 (w/ fake license 4), Transys Avalon commlink (Device Rating 6, D/F 3/1, Program 3 [browse, edit, toolbox], w/ subvocal microphone)
Starting Nuyen: 805¥

Weapons:
     Yamaha Pulsar II [Firearms, DV 4S(e), 9/9†/—/—/—, †max range 50m, 20 rounds taser]
     Ares Crusader II [Firearms, DV 1S(e)*, 10*/10*/8*/—/—, integral gas-vent, internal smartgun, 200 rounds *Stick 'n Shock]

Testing out the rules for the build of one of my favorites.

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-20-19/1540:57> »
Cool. It woyld be nice to see your priority choices too.

Why the exceptional attribute charisma - wouldnt that cost like 45 karma to be if any use?

Oh and I would love to see a respectable character concept with Attributes E - that seems like a challenge :)
« Last Edit: <08-20-19/1543:23> by DigitalZombie »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <08-20-19/1555:52> »

Why the exceptional attribute charisma - wouldnt that cost like 45 karma to be if any use?

Oh and I would love to see a respectable character concept with Attributes E - that seems like a challenge :)
Added the Priorities. And I apologize, I'd use 45 of the customize Karma to bring the Charisma from 8 to 9, then used the rest to buy gear. I'd also forgotten to add my contacts (54 Connection/Loyalty points).

R Villiers

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-21-19/1008:24> »
I'm a n00b without a rule book so apologies in advance. How can you end up with a magic attribute of 6? I keep reading that priority A for magic is attribute=4 and 8 spells and that the attribute can't be changed during character generation.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-21-19/1017:48> »
I'm a n00b without a rule book so apologies in advance. How can you end up with a magic attribute of 6? I keep reading that priority A for magic is attribute=4 and 8 spells and that the attribute can't be changed during character generation.

You can still spend special attribute points on magic (at the opportunity cost of not going to edge instead, or in the case of metahumans: special racial attributes).  You can also spend customization karma on attributes as well, to include special attributes.

The RAW on customization karma does prohibit spells though, which may or may not be intentional and could ultimately change.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-21-19/1052:23> »

Added the Priorities. And I apologize, I'd use 45 of the customize Karma to bring the Charisma from 8 to 9, then used the rest to buy gear. I'd also forgotten to add my contacts (54 Connection/Loyalty points).

just doing some napkin math without trying to recreate your build process ... it looks like you shorted yourself 1 attribute point and connections have a max rating of Charisma so those level 10 should be capped at 9.

otherwise looks accurate enough
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-21-19/1104:21> »
Looks like more than 4 PP were spent?  Or is Mystic Armor down to .25 PP per level in 6th?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <08-21-19/1113:53> »
Astral Perception 1PP
Combat Sense 2 1PP
Enhanced Perception 0.5PP
Improve Ability (Influence) 3: 1.5PP
Kinesics 0.25PP
Mystic Armor 5 1.25PP
Vocal Control 0.5PP

Total sum: 6 PP, so built under the assumption that raising Magic in chargen in fact does add PP for Adepts.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-21-19/1117:19> »
[quote author=Stainless Steel Devil Rat link=topic=29883.msg522776#msg522776
The RAW on customization karma does prohibit spells though, which may or may not be intentional and could ultimately change.
[/quote]

Which would make Magic/Resonance D the no brainer pick for Mages and Technomancers.  If that's good or bad is entirely subjective.  IMO, it's bad.  YMMV.

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-21-19/1140:21> »
I appreciate the building enthusiasm, but I also fear it is entirely too early to set your sights on anything but the plainest, most vanilla builds. I expect that the next wave of errata that comes out is going to look more like a re-write of the character generation process, with both changes to and expansion on the current status quo.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <08-21-19/1308:37> »

just doing some napkin math without trying to recreate your build process ... it looks like you shorted yourself 1 attribute point and connections have a max rating of Charisma so those level 10 should be capped at 9.

otherwise looks accurate enough
Thanks, forgot about that. Updated the Character Sheet.

R Villiers

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <08-21-19/1315:25> »

You can still spend special attribute points on magic (at the opportunity cost of not going to edge instead, or in the case of metahumans: special racial attributes).  You can also spend customization karma on attributes as well, to include special attributes.

That makes adept look like a better choice :) I don't know what the rules are but, to the extent that fair use is respected, could someone provide a quote or two with RAW vis-avis magic attributes capped at the priority/ spending adjustment on increasing the magical attribute with adjustment points. Thanks in advance.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <08-21-19/1320:25> »
I appreciate the building enthusiasm, but I also fear it is entirely too early to set your sights on anything but the plainest, most vanilla builds. I expect that the next wave of errata that comes out is going to look more like a re-write of the character generation process, with both changes to and expansion on the current status quo.

It´s either that or the Errata team completely gives up. Holy shit ::)

To be fair, many of the hopefully-soon-to-be-fixed loopholes so obviously broken an cheesy (Impaired Attribute, Burnout shenanigans...) that most players wouldn‘t even dare to seriously build a character based on them. If you don‘t feel like commiting a crime when building your character, errata will likely spare you.
« Last Edit: <08-21-19/1400:35> by Finstersang »

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <08-21-19/1428:09> »
Im not sure what magic A has to offer an adept, that cant be gained elsewhere  better.

Say Attributes A
Skills B
Elf C
Magic D
Cash E

Drop enough points in magic to get it at 6, the rest in edge and charisma/agility.
You would end up with better attributes and skills, and no downsides - UNLESS increasing magic with those points arent meant to give you any power points at all. (Which I presume might be the case- as otherwise rhe magic coloumn looks very weak).