NEWS

A Magician's Steed

• 34 Replies

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #30 on: <01-27-13/0848:17> »
Cool someone stat us up one of the Flying ones please. I could see the English and people who bought into Dr Who merchandising buying legal harmless ones with shockbeams/sonic weapons it`s just Runners and people with a dry sense of humour who would weaponise something that looks very well armoured into something that is indeedy very well armoured. Given me a GREAT idea for an E-Ghost thanks all!
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

Redmercury

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <01-27-13/1328:22> »
I'm seeing some dude in a robe mumbling some mojo from inside of an oversized hamster ball. "Now to compliment your magesight goggles we bring you, The Mage Ball! Our patented design is sure to allow your mojo slinger to get that much needed exercise, without having to fear for his life at the first sight of hellhounds! (Magesight is not responsible for ballistic incurred damage, do not attempt to come within close proximity of hellhounds.)"

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #32 on: <01-27-13/1343:57> »
I'm seeing some dude in a robe mumbling some mojo from inside of an oversized hamster ball. "Now to compliment your magesight goggles we bring you, The Mage Ball! Our patented design is sure to allow your mojo slinger to get that much needed exercise, without having to fear for his life at the first sight of hellhounds! (Magesight is not responsible for ballistic incurred damage, do not attempt to come within close proximity of hellhounds.)"

Thanks for that image I laughed out loud at that and startled the cat. Not as silly an idea as first thought  as one way glass would allow him to still cast. Granted stealth goes out of the window as the Street Sam helps to rumble the disco ball down the secure corporate corridor...
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

I_V_Saur

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <01-27-13/1541:29> »
Definitely a 'Pink Mohawk' level party favor. Useful, though. Group of Corp-Sec? Punt the Mage down the hall to run them over. As a Drone, with retractable spikes, it'd be a pretty nasty surprise. I'm pretty sure that Daleks are best suited to Drones.

Talking physics, I don't think any amount of AR-Spray will let you pull a 'chameleon'. No amount of sensors and AR can account for the simple physics of "It's a ball"

Images just can't twist that way. Not even with MilSpec Hologram tech and top-rating sensors, computed by an A.I.

And, with just AR spray, anyone who has their view set to 'normal' instead of AR will see right through it.

Hey, wait. A SURGE-ed Mage with Compound Eyes already has the theoretical capacity to see pretty far around themselves. What if their eyeballs were surgically taken apart, placed, through adhesive, up to different Magesight Goggles poking through a Rigger Cocoon, with the biological connection to the brain cloned, stretched, and sprayed with a frequent nutrient mist? It might have a 'gap' or two, but it's theoretically doable.

Of course, the lucky Subject Zero of such an effort would be an Azzie corporate citizen.

Falconer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <01-27-13/1905:24> »
Actually AR spray doesn't necessarily block vision.

With just a 'transparency' level... so that all AR appears as a ghostly overlay of what's really in view.