NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #405 on: <01-28-16/0119:35> »
Ok, did a test and what you are looking for is a line like the following in the XLS file that corresponds to the print layout you choose from the drop down on the print preview screen. 

Code: [Select]
<xsl:variable name="items" select="skills/skill[knowledge = 'False' and (rating &gt; 0 or total &gt; 0)]"/>
change the or to and

<xsl:variable name="items" select="skills/skill[knowledge = 'False' and (rating &gt; 0 and total &gt; 0)]"/>
and you should be in business.  There should be at least two places in the file where you will need to change this value.
...I have no idea how or where to do that as I don't mess with coding or scripting.
« Last Edit: <01-28-16/0121:44> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #406 on: <01-28-16/1423:27> »
Ok, did a test and what you are looking for is a line like the following in the XLS file that corresponds to the print layout you choose from the drop down on the print preview screen. 

<xsl:variable name="items" select="skills/skill[knowledge = 'False' and (rating &gt; 0 or total &gt; 0)]"/>
change the or to and

<xsl:variable name="items" select="skills/skill[knowledge = 'False' and (rating &gt; 0 and total &gt; 0)]"/>
and you should be in business.  There should be at least two places in the file where you will need to change this value.
...I have no idea how or where to do that as I don't mess with coding or scripting.

Well, if you want them here are the edited copies of the files to display only skills with at least one rank if you want to try them.  Each file corresponds to the same character sheet layout from the drop down menu.

Note:  In order to attach them I had to rename the file to use the .txt file extension.  In order to use them you would need to rename them back to the .xsl file extension. 

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #407 on: <01-28-16/2215:31> »
...thank you.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #408 on: <01-30-16/0706:04> »
Got Chummer5 working, yay.  Had an issue with Qi Foci, however - assigning them to a power you already possess does not add on the focus's rating, but instead replaces your rating with that of the focus.

Also, I am sad because there does not seem to be a way to Imbue items.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #409 on: <01-31-16/0848:36> »
The adept power stuff should be fixed in the nightlies; item imbuing will take a while to implement, because I'm lazy and the other guy's busy rewriting the skills. I'll get to it at some point, you can subscribe to Issue 670 to get updates on the progress.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #410 on: <02-03-16/1802:27> »
I hit what _might_ be an error, although it could just be interpretation.

The negative quality "Pie lesu Domine. Dona Eis Requiem." comes with a free level of High Pain Tolerance.  High Pain tolerance normally costs 7 karma to buy.  Chummer 0.5.178 wouldn't let me buy more than 18 points of other positive qualities -- it didn't charge me karma for High Pain Tolerance, but was counting it towards the 25 karma limit on positive qualities.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #411 on: <02-04-16/0617:05> »
That's... odd. Can you send me the affected character file?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #412 on: <02-11-16/2334:12> »

change the or to and

Well, if you want them here are the edited copies of the files to display only skills with at least one rank if you want to try them.  Each file corresponds to the same character sheet layout from the drop down menu.

Note:  In order to attach them I had to rename the file to use the .txt file extension.  In order to use them you would need to rename them back to the .xsl file extension.
...apologies for the late response.

Renamed the files and copied them to the Sheets folder.

The only form that worked with the "Show only skills >1" setting was the Grouped  Skills by Rating sheet.  The Grouped Skills by Name still pulled in all the zero rating skills.

Not sure what happened with the base  Shadowrun 5 sheet (which is the one I use as it lists skills alphabetically) for it looked nothing like the other two.  I have attached as screen shot of the sheet below.

As I know little about toady's scripting or coding, not sure how I can fix the two that still do not work right.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #413 on: <02-18-16/1246:20> »
Not sure if it has been brought up, but Chummer5 v0.5.178 is not letting me raise edge from 1 to 2 via karma since my metatype D elf give 0 special points.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

boongeebee

• Newb
« Reply #414 on: <02-18-16/1504:02> »
It looks like my vehicle only has one pool of modification slots instead of one for each of the six modification categories (Pg. 151 of Rigger 5).  This might be in the process of getting fixed for the official release since I am using the latest nightly (version 5.179.710) but I thought I'd post the problem just in case.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #415 on: <02-18-16/1809:34> »
Rift_0f_Bladz, your issue should be fixed in the nightlies if I'm understanding it properly.
boongeebee, I haven't started working on that yet. Trying to clear through a bunch of the older issues before I get started on it.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #416 on: <02-19-16/0520:31> »
Okay after a while I was able to find the thing.

So how do I select things like what skills postgraduate study would give?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #417 on: <02-19-16/0547:09> »
Tools > Options > Life Modules Available.
It's currently hidden behind the checkbox because it's not a hundred percent implemented. Mostly the crazy ones like 'You get three skill points to spend on four skills but none of them can exceed six' that makes it into a high-school algebra puzzle.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #418 on: <02-20-16/0001:41> »
...still having print formatting woes.

I did a test just a short while ago on a housmate's system (where I was printing the files form before I got a connection from my system to the printer) and on that computer only the skills with ratings greater than 1 show as should happen.  When I took that same flash drive (which has a copy of the Chummer Programme and all it's modules on it) inserted it into in my machine, opened up the programme, the file and then clicked print, all the zero rating skills show.

Both systems have the exact same printer programme and drivers, so unless there is some sort of  issue between the Chummer Programme and Win 7, I am at a total loss to figure out why this is happening. It is not only wasting space/paper but it makes it difficult to find the skills the character actually has.

I tested it in older versions and it occurs as well so it is not an issue with just the .178 release. I even went as far as uninstalled .178 and reinstalled it in case there was some type of corruption however the issue still persisted.

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #419 on: <02-20-16/0108:32> »
...still having print formatting woes.

I did a test just a short while ago on a housmate's system (where I was printing the files form before I got a connection from my system to the printer) and on that computer only the skills with ratings greater than 1 show as should happen.  When I took that same flash drive (which has a copy of the Chummer Programme and all it's modules on it) inserted it into in my machine, opened up the programme, the file and then clicked print, all the zero rating skills show.

Both systems have the exact same printer programme and drivers, so unless there is some sort of  issue between the Chummer Programme and Win 7, I am at a total loss to figure out why this is happening. It is not only wasting space/paper but it makes it difficult to find the skills the character actually has.

I tested it in older versions and it occurs as well so it is not an issue with just the .178 release. I even went as far as uninstalled .178 and reinstalled it in case there was some type of corruption however the issue still persisted.
The fact that it works correctly on one computer and not on another clearly suggests something is different on that computer.  It could be anything then, including how the program reacts to the printer, or vice-versa.