silveroak

• Newb
« Reply #270 on: <09-23-15/0949:56> »
I did that above.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #271 on: <09-23-15/0956:56> »
I just noticed that in gear/weapons, the thrown weapon category is missing (was looking for the urban tribe tomahawk, from R&G, couldn't find it, then realized that the entire category of thrown weapons isn't there.

I first noticed in 5.173, but downloaded 5.174 just to be sure, and the issue is in both.

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #272 on: <09-23-15/1040:21> »
I just noticed that in gear/weapons, the thrown weapon category is missing (was looking for the urban tribe tomahawk, from R&G, couldn't find it, then realized that the entire category of thrown weapons isn't there.

I first noticed in 5.173, but downloaded 5.174 just to be sure, and the issue is in both.

It's under Gear/Ammunition.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #273 on: <09-23-15/1136:55> »

It's under Gear/Ammunition.

Thank you!

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #274 on: <09-24-15/0039:20> »
Yeah, throwing weapons are a little... odd.

So someone just raised an issue about Metamagics not being available; anyone know why Anchoring would require both the metamagic AND art versions of Quickening?

silveroak

• Newb
« Reply #275 on: <09-24-15/1058:24> »
Because that is how it is laid out in street grimoire. The theory is you get the art quickening and take the metamagic quickening as part of the initiation, and the whole thing is just an extra I to dot or t to cross. Really the arts don't make a lot of sense in general except as an organizational tool, but then you apparently have to initiate them, even the ones which have no metamagics...

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #276 on: <09-24-15/1102:18> »
I believe there is a setting in Chummer under options that that you ignore the art requirement for metamagics
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Halinn

• Chummer
« Reply #277 on: <10-20-15/2231:27> »
I'm having an issue with life modules. All the modules that are supposed to give options for stats or skills... don't. I can tell by the code that they're supposed to, but nothing comes up when selecting them.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #278 on: <10-20-15/2242:02> »
I'm having an issue with life modules. All the modules that are supposed to give options for stats or skills... don't. I can tell by the code that they're supposed to, but nothing comes up when selecting them.

I had the same problem with a couple of modules I was playing with the last couple of days:

Celebrity gives the point it's supposed to to CHA, but you're supposed to get two more points that you assign a point each to two other attributes. Unfortunately, outside of magic (and I'm guessing Res), you can't place those points in the first column. Trying to put them in the second column charges you karma. Magical Education gives you two points that you spend (a point each) on skill groups (which skill groups depends on if you are an adept, magician, mysad, or aspected). If you try to wait to put those skill points until you take that module, the first column in the group skills section is locked. I found a workaround for it in that if you grab the magician, mysad, aspected, or adept quality first, you can place the two points before you start selecting life modules.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #279 on: <10-24-15/0201:30> »
Life Modules do still need a bit of work. There's some annoying edge cases we haven't licked yet.

Anyway, new version of Chummer! http://pastebin.com/E9DWqvFc

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #280 on: <11-14-15/1550:15> »
Thanks for the Chummer5 hard work!  I have 5.176 right now, which looks to be the most current.  Any luck in getting life modules with options (like postgraduate studies) to work?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #281 on: <11-14-15/2009:52> »
...just downloaded and installed the latest.  Genemods now affect attributes.   ;D
Forsaken daughter is watching you

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #282 on: <11-16-15/0024:35> »
..OK found a small glitch.  Built a character along the following steps:

Took Priority C for Magic/Adept which starts with a Magic Attribute of 4
Took Priority E for Metatype which grants 1 Special Attribute Point.
Applied the SAP to Magic to raise it to 5
After completing the other build steps Purchased 1.7 Essence of Bio.which reduced the MA to 3
Spent 20 spare Karma in the "Apply Karma" step to reset the character's MA at 4.

All this works fine and all the point totals are listed as being spent (0). 

So I saved and close the character but when I reopened it later, I found in the Base column for attributes, the value for Magic was reset to 4 (instead of being 3) and in the Build summary, Special Attributes are listed as being at -1.instead of 0 even though it also shows the value of 1 in the Karma field under Magic.  As there is a negative point value in the build summary, the character cannot be moved to Career Mode.

Also in The Adept Powers tab, if I had powers on a focus or granted by a mentor spirit, any adds to them from spending PP's would not save and the powers would be set to just whatever the focus or Mentor Spirit awarded when I would open the character at a later time (the PP's spent would show as being unspent again).. 
« Last Edit: <11-16-15/0425:59> by kyoto kid »

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #283 on: <11-16-15/0242:20> »
..OK found another issue in the latest version.  This one occurs when adding a Commlink in the Gear Tab.  Whenever I attmpt to purchase a commlink (any model) I get the following Error:

Unhandled Exception has Occurred in your application

Unable to cast object of type "Chummer Gear"  to type "Chummer Commlink"

After clearing the error dialogue, whatever commlink is purchased has a device rating of "0".

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #284 on: <11-16-15/0309:14> »
That's... interesting. I can't replicate that. Are you using the 5.177 prerelease, or 5.176?