NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #165 on: <05-07-15/0339:46> »
Yup, that's a mea culpa. Left some code in the wrong spot. I'll have it fixed up tonight.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #166 on: <05-08-15/1154:14> »
Hrm. Okay, so what was going on here is the previous dev left in code references to the Maximum Modified Rating rule from SR4, in which you couldn't have more than 1.5 of your current rating. For some reason the default setting is defaulted to enabled, but the line that controls whether the state of the it's actually saved was removed. Fixed in the next version, anyway. As an interim fix, you can open up settings.xml and change enforcemaximummodifiedrating to False.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #167 on: <05-10-15/1111:22> »
having a problem with the new install of chummer 5. i get the program installed and it does its updates and all is peachy. then i go to enabled all the books in the options and open up my characters and play around. the first time i do this everything works great. that is, after i install activate the options and open a file during the same instance it opens and i have no problems.

when i close the program and reopen it then try to hit any button or open any option or file i get an unhandled exception.

im not at my desktop currently so i cant post an image yet but i will.

any thoughts?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #168 on: <05-10-15/1653:57> »
Chummer isn't very good at graceful failures; my first thought is something to do with a language file not being read properly, but it could be not saving/loading your settings properly. I'd have to see the exception to say more.

runarm

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #169 on: <05-19-15/2029:16> »
I've been playing around with karmagen using build 5.166, and when I try to mark the character as created and save I get the following error:
This character is not valid and breaks the following rules:
1 over alloted Special Attribute point limit
With some trial and error I found out that apparently Chummer did not like that I had reflex recorders on this character. Once I removed that bit of bioware, it was happy.

Another issue are the contactss. No matter which combination of options from the "house rules" section I use, I can't get these to work right with karmagen. I can get the free points to appear, but if I go over them, chummer simply says I have -X points left of whatever I started with and does not take the overflow off my regular karma.

R.
« Last Edit: <05-19-15/2049:51> by runarm »

Roguewind

• Newb
« Reply #170 on: <05-24-15/1211:44> »
I'm using the priority build, and I'm having a similar issue with the cost of contacts.  The free contacts appears but it appears there's an issue with the formula calculating how many you've spent.

runarm

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #171 on: <05-26-15/1301:20> »
Just noticed another thing - when a character is marked as created and saved, it is no longer possible to buy more months of lifestyle. You can add a new lifestyle, though you are not charged for it, but there is no way to buy extra months. This is in version 5.166

R.

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #172 on: <05-29-15/1251:56> »
will chummer5 add data trails and run faster soon ?
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <05-29-15/1332:09> »
will chummer5 add data trails and run faster soon ?

Run Faster support is already out there--I think there's a link to the files somewhere in this thread.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #174 on: <05-29-15/2055:22> »
ok I found run faster ho to add it to Chummer5
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #175 on: <05-30-15/0604:29> »
ok I found run faster ho to add it to Chummer5

Paste a copy of the files into the Chummer5/data directory then restart Chummer.  Once you restart go into Tools Options and check all the boxes of the books you want access to.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #176 on: <06-05-15/0127:54> »
A few things I'd like to ask for in a future update of Chummer5's core program.  First is that in character creation when the "Ignore Character Creation Rules" box is checked that the limit for Skill Groups be lifted (currently is capped at the legal limit of 6; I know there's a workaround already).  Second is that, as a House Rule, a discount to implant Essence Cost be an option, like how the previous version of Chummer for SR4 had.

Sinistra

• Newb
« Reply #177 on: <06-24-15/1919:57> »
A few things I'd like to ask for in a future update of Chummer5's core program.  First is that in character creation when the "Ignore Character Creation Rules" box is checked that the limit for Skill Groups be lifted (currently is capped at the legal limit of 6; I know there's a workaround already).  Second is that, as a House Rule, a discount to implant Essence Cost be an option, like how the previous version of Chummer for SR4 had.
I also would love to have the discount to implant essence cost be an option. The one where instead of both Magic and Rating going down, only your magic cap goes down.

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #178 on: <06-25-15/0736:05> »
Having a problem using the Positive Quality "Made Man".

To begin with I would choose the quality, and a blank drop-down choice box would appear.  Pressing OK created an error.

I then tried creating a Group Contact and naming it "Mafia".  As expected the Loyalty box is greyed out at rating 1.  I then chose "Made Man" and this time the drop-down automatically chose "Mafia", but the Loyalty value remained at 1 and was still greyed out.

Is this an error or is there a step I'm missing?
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #179 on: <06-27-15/2135:41> »
Build 168:
Application Change:

Did some stuff to make spell descriptors show up in character sheets.
Karma carry-over for build methods other than Point Buy fixed to 7. You may need to reset your options to defaults for this to take effect. Tools > Options > Karma Costs.
Fixed an issue with skills changing their values incorrectly.
Fixed an issue with discounts for knowledge skills not working properly.
Data Change:

Fixed a fault with the calculation of Net ranges that caused a crash.
Data Trails content added. Some additional functionality for commlink dongles and such is still required, so they haven't been included yet. Much thanks to Iridios for his work with this.

Is this an error or is there a step I'm missing?
It's an error. New feature, new code, so I'm not surprised it's a little buggy. I'll take a look at it and see what's going on.

That shouldn't be a problem.

Just noticed another thing - when a character is marked as created and saved, it is no longer possible to buy more months of lifestyle. You can add a new lifestyle, though you are not charged for it, but there is no way to buy extra months.

That's... odd. I'll have to fiddle with that.