NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa, Chapters II and III

• 2014 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #60 on: <11-20-14/1728:16> »
Chino has some Earbuds w/ Audio Enhancement 3.

That's why I'm looking for a semi-discreet place to go; we need time to get stuff set up for looping and stuff; we just can't stop moving with our limited fuel.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #61 on: <11-20-14/1729:55> »
I'm bout to need to bone up on the demolitions rules here, aint I?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <11-20-14/1756:56> »
@8-bit: Thanks!  Maybe stop, kill the motor?

@Tecumseh: how far is the nearest cliff to us?

@all: once we come to a stop, I'll plug into the car with one of my datajacks then drop to VR and get started on the search.

For clearification my goals:
1) get 3 marks on the car so I can tell to take a long walk off a short cliff
2) find local video cameras and loop them
3) find quiet house (will need to work with the mages on this as just because a house is dark doesn't mean it's empty)
4) hack the house to gain entry
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #63 on: <11-20-14/1809:27> »
I may not have been clear. It was mentioned that we had a choice of two streets near each other (Lupine and Stillwater) off of the main street (the 82) that had private residences on them. My plan is that we will be parking near the intersection of the main road into town that we are currently on, and Lupine (the first road we come across) - about 100m from the intersection so that we are still hidden from surveillance on that road. Sam will do his thing with the boom-boom, and then you will command it to drive back out of town and off a convenient cliff or cliff-like slope so that it isn't visible from the road (and hopefully the kaboom and ensuing fire will go unnoticed). From there we will be walking making the task of hiding us from cameras simpler for you. From there we should have little trouble walking to whatever house we decide on.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <11-20-14/1831:39> »
@8-Bit: Chino's Perception skill is 4. You have low-light vision and there's enough ambient light that there's no environmental modifier for that. The snow and wind would affect shooting but the storm isn't heavy enough at this point to block your vision of the immediate area. You can add the +3 from actively looking for something.

@Zweiblumen: Nearest cliff is 6 kilometers back the way you came, just southeast of Difficult Campground. If the Rover runs out of gas en route, it will be able to coast for a short distance.

@Zweiblumen, part II: Go ahead and start your rolling. Go ahead and do it in batches.

@Poindexter: Maybe! Could be fun, right?

8-bit

« Reply #65 on: <11-20-14/1849:49> »
@8-Bit: Chino's Perception skill is 4. You have low-light vision and there's enough ambient light that there's no environmental modifier for that. The snow and wind would affect shooting but the storm isn't heavy enough at this point to block your vision of the immediate area. You can add the +3 from actively looking for something.

All right, thanks!

Perception (4) + Intuition (3) + Specifically Looking (3): 10d6t5 4 [1, 4, 5, 2, 6, 1, 5, 1, 6, 3]

That went well. Hopefully, I find a convenient clearing that is just out of sight. One can never be too hopeful!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <11-20-14/1908:02> »
8-bit, you find a spot under some evergreen trees. The trees are keeping the snow from being too deep underneath their canopies (so the Rover can pass in and out of the clearing without plowing through a meter of snow) while blocking sight lines. It won't hide the vehicle from a dedicated search but it should be enough to disrupt casual observers. Go ahead and post as much.

Looking around, Chino doesn't see any other people or vehicles. Where you are looks completely deserted at the moment. (Just to be clear, it's almost 2am on February 1, 2075. This is very early on a Friday morning.)

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <11-20-14/1910:50> »
Jacking into the car and hacking:
hacking the van hacking(6)+logic(9)+VR(2)-Wound(1)=16: 16d6t5 7 (limit 5)
twice more for 3 marks:
hacking the van hacking(6)+logic(9)+VR(2)-Wound(1)=16 (twice more): 2#16d6t5 6 5 (limit 5)
That *should* get me 3 marks
Setting the delayed order to drive to the cliff:
Delayed Order Van to go to the cliff EW(6)+Logic(9)+VR(2)-Wound(1)=16: 16d6t5 7 (limit 5)

Searching for cameras over our chosen route for 1km:
(still not sure how looking for specific things in the matrix works.  If I'm reading this correctly, I can see everything that's not running silent automatically within 100m, and then I get to ask questions for every hit I get on a search?  Either way, here's mine and the agents searchs:
Doc Search for cameras etc Computer(5)+Int(5)+VR(2)-Noise(1)+Datajack(1)-Wound(1) = 11: 11d6t5 4 (limit 6)
Agent's Matrix Search for cameras: Rating(6)*2+2 for all rolls = 14: 14d6t5 7 (I don't know what it's limit is)

Will roll for looping video once I get a better idea of what I'm doing there.  IC Post on its way
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #68 on: <11-20-14/1930:32> »
Seems a good time to bring up that when Crumpled reboots to clear his OS (most likely once we are safely in a house), my gear is set to automatically invite marks from him so that he can re-add me to his PAN.

Also, when he does matrix searches, does one hit automatically spot hidden devices (within 100m), or does he have to specifically state that is one of the things he is looking for?
« Last Edit: <11-20-14/1935:48> by Malevolence »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #69 on: <11-20-14/2000:53> »
Just to be clear; since Chino doesn't have much else to do while everyone is figuring out stuff, he's put the unlabeled simchip into his sim module. He is currently in VR in the driver's seat (not sure if someone can wake someone up from VR easily, but I assume his text messaging system is still available).

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <11-20-14/2003:05> »
@Malevolence: Crumpled can spot devices running silent with one net hit on a Matrix Perception test. If the device is running silent it becomes an opposed test. But, yes, that one net hit can be used to ask if there are devices running silent within 100 meters.

@8-bit: Can you give me a reference post for that simchip? I don't have it in my records. I might have to ask Ryo about it. (Alternatively, Ryo, if you're listening.)

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <11-20-14/2009:16> »
Chino just slotted the simchip? Well, this should be interesting.

PM incoming, Tecumseh.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <11-20-14/2010:31> »
@Zweiblumen: I'm headed home and will be offline for a few hours. We'll resolve the Matrix actions tonight or tomorrow morning.

@All: I'll see you tomorrow unless Chino has murdered us all. Maybe that's what happened to all the players from Chapter I.

8-bit

« Reply #73 on: <11-21-14/1124:41> »
Oh ... god.

Might need to take some time to mull over that simchip experience you PM'ed me (great writing btw, still very unsettling).

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <11-21-14/1241:12> »
A few notes:

1) I have a report due on Tuesday so I need to have productive days at work today and Monday. I'll be posting during my breaks (lunch, etc.) but my pace will likely be slower.

2) Since this is a game of incomplete knowledge, both OOC and IC, I am willing to entertain the notion of players PMing each other with private correspondence. I would recommend that you copy me on any such PMs to keep me abreast of character developments, but it is not mandatory if you feel it is best to keep things secret.

3) I am generally a proponent of transparency, but I will occasionally not share dice rolls with you if I am trying to keep a dice pool confidential for a specific reason. Usually I will post them, especially if I think your PC would be able to gauge an opponent's abilities. But if you don't know that you're being watched or you're not sure if a roll is opposed then I will keep a lid on the rolls to preserve the tension and uncertainty. And, naturally, I'll throw fake dice rolls in the mix too, or dice pools that are too large because I'm not going to announce all modifiers, or any other evil combination of distraction and misdirection.

On that note, I'll try to post the hacking results at lunch today.