NEWS

Into the Chaos (OOC)

• 974 Replies

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #690 on: <03-13-17/0617:56> »
We both know that the next time someone will try to hack it it will roll 0 on its defense roll.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #691 on: <03-13-17/0745:53> »
Could be worse.  Be thankful you don't have to worry about knocking yourself unconscious or otherwise crippling yourself every time you try and hack something.  Then not only did you not succeed but you become dead weight for the rest of the team.
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #692 on: <03-13-17/0834:30> »
Be thankful you don't have to worry about knocking yourself unconscious or otherwise crippling yourself every time you try and hack something.

That definitely happen with hacking, not every hacking but failed attack actions send back biofeedback in your face, and you can't even roll to resist it.

And failing a hack can be much, much worst than failing a spell depending on the context. Here it's relatively safe because the Matrix is a mess with the host down but normally failing a Sleaze means getting a MARK on your face, generally followed by link-lock, IC attacks (with non-negligible chance to end up unconscious) and some security guys converging on you and your team position.

And that's if you are lucky! If you are unlucky/carefree you get demiGODs/GOD convergence on your position and that means you better run fast.

Not saying that these things can't happen with magic but it at least needs an active magician assensing the area at the time of the fail (or a big enough explosion) while all that in the Matrix will happen semi automatically.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #693 on: <03-13-17/0857:35> »
Didn't mean to imply that hacking was risk free or easier.  Technically nothing is.  Meant it more along the lines of - "At least you haven't critically injured yourself yet or someone else for that matter."  :P

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #694 on: <03-13-17/0906:56> »
Given how my dices are going and that I only have 1 Edge left I expect the "YET" to come sooner than expected but that might be Wheely pessimism doing the talking.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #695 on: <03-13-17/0908:51> »
Speaking of Edge, I wanted to ask Gilga if my edge pool has refreshed yet or am I still sitting at 0?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #696 on: <03-13-17/0918:23> »
It's moments like this where we could use a charismatic leader granting teamwork bonus dice to counter the damaged moral of the runners.

Don't you have an agent you could load for a bit of teamwork support?

Kynos has his microwelder, but for obvious reasons I'd like to avoid using it.

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #697 on: <03-13-17/0936:47> »
It might come down to the microwelder if the guards don't have a passcode or keycard we can use.  Unless you want Sovereign to summon a fire elemental to create a convenient troll-sized hole through it.
« Last Edit: <03-13-17/0938:32> by Mulcarn »

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #698 on: <03-13-17/0956:25> »
Nope no agent sorry.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #699 on: <03-13-17/1000:08> »
Alright.
Plan B it is than:

Can you take control of the two dummy drones? Or maybe Dataspike them with three marks, Fork, Hammer and whatever else you have to take them out in one strike. Kynos can bash in the skull of one of those guards, while Ayato or Irris can take out the other one.
But whatever you do, do it as silently as possible!
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #700 on: <03-13-17/1003:08> »
You get once per day if you had a good night sleep and a good meal. Kind of encourages you to live rather than be dug in a hole all the time.  I can refresh you one edge for sleeping with Simone - should qualify as a good night regardless of how much sleep you got. ;)

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #701 on: <03-13-17/1025:23> »
I can Format them with Fork followed with Reboot. They will be done without the fizzing that come with Bricking. Doesn't even need to spend nuyen to repair them if we want to get them up again later.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #702 on: <03-13-17/1054:02> »
Ok, if you can do that reliably this would be great (although I think you need three MARKs for that, so it might be even harder than hacking the door.)
talk think matrix

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #703 on: <03-13-17/1112:31> »
I have 16 dice to place MARKs and 13 for Format/Reboot. Of course I have to make 5 rolls in total so nothing guaranteed.

Let's roll them here before going back to IC :

Hack on the Fly x3 3#16d6t5 4 5 4
Format + Reboot 2#13d6t5 4 5

If they resist with 9d6 there is a decent chance for it to work…

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #704 on: <03-13-17/1406:54> »
Resist: 5#9d6t5 3 3 4 4 1

4 VS 3 --> 1 mark for Wheely.

5 VS 3 --> 1 mark for Wheely

4 VS 4 --> nothing happens.

Format 4 VS 4  nothing will happen (perhaps Wheely takes matrix damage (?!)
Reboot 5 VS 1 - will suceed - but we're not there yet.

So Wheely needs 1 more mark and 1 more try for format.