Shadowrun General > Gear

Fave Heavy Weapon?

<< < (2/9) > >>

Ajax:
I’m partial to the Aztechnology Striker.

Yeah, it doesn’t have the “rock’n’roll” aspect of a heavy machine gun or assault cannon. But, at ¥1,200 for the launcher and, say, ¥3-4,000 for a missile (depending on sensors) you’re looking at something almost any ‘runner with a dozen runs under their belt can afford to buy and then stash in a smuggler’s compartment. Brings a whole new meaning to the idea of a “truck gun.”

It’s also cheap enough that you can drop it and walk away, if necessary.

kyoto kid:
...Ruhrmetall SF-20 HMG loaded with a 100 round belt of EXEX handload.

Hmm, wasn't there a person where that pink cloud is now?

Of course Leela just loves her "double barrelled" Onotari Arms Interceptor.

PiXeL01:
How can Trolls not count!?!
From a more serious stance - Rotary Autocannons from back in Rigger Black Book. Or just the Vindicator minigun.
I’ve been thinking to cook up an Ork using one for ages.

Michael Chandra:

--- Quote from: CanRay on ---So, the 'run has gone to drek, or the ork merc has gotten bored and decided to make the 'run more fun, and the big guns come out.

What is your favorite heavy weapon to pull out and make some noise?

Note:  Troll fists and Trollbows don't count, as those are unarmed and archery, not heavy weapons.  Even if they do enough damage to count as a heavy weapon.

--- End quote ---
My favourite 'heavy' weapon is a Barrett. =P But real heavy weapon I am going to side with kyoto kid. That buys you 5 IPs of Suppressive Fire at a damage level that hurts like hell, or one completely-vaporised target.

Of course the best heavy weapon is a bag with 10 HE grenades inside, preferably made invisible or in a Ruthenium Coating bag. Explode simultanously and vaporise even an Insect Dragon.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
Big #DV is Big #DV, but it is indeed hard to surpass the utility/flexibility in a fully automatic MMG/HMG.

If assault cannons inflicted AoE damage, they'd be a contender.  As is, they're just massively overpriced Sniper Rifles :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version