Shadowrun General > Gear

Fave Heavy Weapon?

<< < (8/9) > >>

Michael Chandra:
Also, this is when Frag Grenades are better than HE: Higher spread. At a distance of 12m you still have 6P/+5 left, so that means with 3 grenades 12P/+3. If they already walked, they might be out of movement range before they exit the blast-range.

(When in Dragon Song an enemy threw a time-based grenade at me, I just walked past it while blasting the guy with my Crockett.)

Shinobi Killfist:

--- Quote from: kyoto kid on ---...but they can be easily "dodged" if the oppos have at least 5 initiative left with a "run for your life" interrupt action.  Best time to lob one at them is near the end of the combat turn.

--- End quote ---

So worst case I dropped your initiative by 5 and got you out of cover. And depending on the grenade it might not make a bit of difference.  I prefer gas grenades and flashbangs.  Not as devastating but they don't get weaker due to range from the center point of the explosion and not killing everyone has advantages. The versatility of the payload is one of the big value adds from grenades.

kyoto kid:
...this is why I'd love to lay down a spread of 6 - 10 grenades.

Agreed, flashbangs are so useful, anything that reduces the Oppos chance to shoot your team is a good thing.  Leela has several concealed in softballs and plush toys.

Ultralube grenades can be fun as well (and Ultralube, as we discovered in one mission, is flammable so if someone on the team has a flame thrower....).

Cabral:

--- Quote from: fseperent on ---Give me the Thunderstruck.
Headshots are fun.

--- End quote ---
This.
Involuntary acupuncture.

Hephaestus:
I am in the Thunderstruck camp as well. Because frag that guy, and the three guys behind him... and the security door behind them.

I also like Ajax's idea for the devine crowbars, but I wonder if the smaller projectiles would lose too much mass on the descent through the atmosphere to be as effective as he thinks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version