NEWS

Cyber-wings?

• 74 Replies

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #60 on: <04-06-12/1621:16> »
Also the very similar wingsuit in War, p164.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <04-09-12/0915:17> »
Also the very similar wingsuit in War, p164.
For some reason this came to mind...

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #62 on: <04-09-12/2304:26> »
Yeah, same wingsuits discussed on page one of this thread.

Funny, that. :)

-k

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #63 on: <04-11-12/0829:18> »
i had a feeling they had been mentioned already, but could not be assed to go back across the pages to check.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #64 on: <04-11-12/2129:49> »
Was a natural extension of the current conversation. I regret nothing! ;D
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Morg

« Reply #65 on: <04-14-12/0441:24> »
How about light wight electro stimulated memory fabric rather then an engine for movement. You would need some way of sequencing the current. For "wing bones" sections of the wing could stay inflexable while a current was running through it. Most memory materials have greater jurk strength then human muscle for a lower cost in energy and as for creating lift the entire wing is a muscle, it could be decorated to look like fethers or leather wings, finaly when unpowerd it can fold it away in body housings. I am not an engineer but I think it is workable in SR4's tech level , I must admit it sounds expensive                       

thoughts?

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <04-20-12/2119:33> »
Memory cloth is a decent choice, but the wings would always be exposed, which could cause trouble if you're facing environmental hazards, or you have to wear a pack or other clothing/gear that would interfere with deployment. That's assuming you could get it big enough to support someone aloft without Hollywood physics.

Something I did put together is the Glide-Pak, a deployable glider you can wear.

I skipped a few pages so if this duplicates something sorry.

Since we have been bringing up war what are those memory weapons that can turn into any melee weapon but only takes up the size of a small stick?  Weapon versions of memory cloth or something.  2 reservoirs in your back could form a semi rigid frame with memory cloth filling in the gaps.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #67 on: <04-21-12/0026:22> »
Since we have been bringing up war what are those memory weapons that can turn into any melee weapon but only takes up the size of a small stick?  Weapon versions of memory cloth or something.  2 reservoirs in your back could form a semi rigid frame with memory cloth filling in the gaps.

That's memory metal. Same idea as memory cloth, but with a high strength non-ferric metal. The two could easily work in conjunction, though.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #68 on: <04-21-12/1003:58> »

That's memory metal. Same idea as memory cloth, but with a high strength non-ferric metal. The two could easily work in conjunction, though.
Just remember that you'd still have to keep the cloth somewhere that it could expand, meaning it would be vulnerable to rips and tears. And to get the wing space you'd need to support a metahuman, you're pretty much talking about a batman cloak. Which will stand out.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #69 on: <04-21-12/1421:09> »
Could one design a duster to serve the same purpose?

Aelavel

« Reply #70 on: <04-24-12/0339:06> »
hmmmm, maybe some type of housings for the "cloth" wings, like in the calves, forerms, & torso, with them being held in place by some electro-magnets....

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #71 on: <04-26-12/0035:35> »
actually after reading all this, i wanna "design" an armor suit with collapsed wings. totally silverhawks, minus the silver part, camo or ruthenthium unstead.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #72 on: <04-26-12/0218:56> »
actually after reading all this, i wanna "design" an armor suit with collapsed wings. totally silverhawks, minus the silver part, camo or ruthenthium unstead.

Programmable Ruthenium, the kind like cars and Second Skin outfits have, so that it can go Chameleon or look like anything you want.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #73 on: <04-26-12/2230:18> »

That sounds interesting. Maybe use a chameleon suit as the base?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Aelavel

« Reply #74 on: <04-29-12/0726:28> »
Was thinking the same thing, lol