NEWS

Fashion

• 27 Replies

Aelavel

« on: <04-06-12/0329:12> »
I was wondering about the different fashions that are around in 2070, and not just the armor versions? I know in the older versions of the game (seen my brother's older books, lol) had them listed as Ordinary, Fine & Tres Chic, but for those that are fashionably inpaired (like my GM) what do those mean, since it does varry with region & cultures. Any ideas?

Vale

• Newb
  • Living life one nuyen at a time.
« Reply #1 on: <04-06-12/0525:24> »
Well, according to the section dedicated to fashion in the Attitude book, the clothing in 207X can be broken down into four categories: Casual, Business, Formal and Urban.

Casual clothing is everyday wear for most when they're not working. Jeans, Tshirts, skirts, running shoes, etc. it can range from Horizon's 6 Tees line (American Eagle style clothing) to Monobe's NuZoot (Asian monogrammed clothing).

Business clothing isn't far different from its real-world equivalent. 1-3 piece suits for men, pantsuits or skirt suits for women, etc. Evo's MetaTribe line (a variety of uniforms) and Saeder-Krupp's RhineGold (old world-style three piece suits) can both be counted among this category.

Formal is the classy stuff that you use to (try to) pass for normal in high-society and various events. Far and away the most pricey clothing, this group covers designer clothing (Armanté, Berwick, Zoë de Paris, etc.) and 5k¥ gets you the low-end stuff.

Urban is pretty much Casual with one big difference; where Casual clothing emphasizes blending in with society, Urban makes it a point that you're going to stand out. "This is the stuff you wear clubbing, not working." Evo's ME MetaL and NeoNET's Furba (faux lether jackets, graffiti-patterened shirts, etc) lines are both good examples of the genre.

The book also covers a wide variety of accessories (acoustic clothing, AR makeup, watches and hosiery) and trends (post-apocalypse, steampunk, body modification, etc.). It's really a great supplement and not just for fashion. If you're able to get a hold of a copy, I'd highly recommend it. I hope this has helped.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-06-12/0610:17> »
There is also Active and Tribal.  Active wear is for sports, it ranges from bike leathers to fishing vests to sports jerseys.  Tribal is basically the NAN outfits, although they typically wear standard apparel except for ceremonies.

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-07-12/1135:20> »
Fashion is something that can flesh out a game, if used but many people its just a name on paper. Its one of the things that if you dont know what the books says it will not kill the game at all if you ad lib. But my guess is attutiud whould be a good book to go to.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-07-12/1222:56> »
I'd like to see what a base line normal fashion is though.

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <04-07-12/1237:16> »
They do talk about fasion in the book. said jeans and tshirts are still around, for the broke there are flats vending maching clothes. still suits you can also pull ideas from some of the armor clothes for what is normal. Think the steam punk is all the rage in the books.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #6 on: <04-08-12/0111:06> »
I see I'm going to have to revise and update my fashion 'Style by Maker' work ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #7 on: <04-08-12/0131:43> »
I miss the Mad Max fashion days. Also the faux cowboy fashions.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-08-12/0443:13> »
I miss the Mad Max fashion days. Also the faux cowboy fashions.
But Post-Apo Style is one of the two big Fashion Styles from Attitude(Lifestyle 2073 in German)

He Who dances with the lost Tribe
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #9 on: <04-08-12/1044:48> »
And you better believe I'm happy Post-Apoc style is in!  ;D

Combine that with SteamPunk, and you have some really twisted attire that looks really, really good!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #10 on: <04-08-12/1524:39> »
Huh, I missed it somehow. Funny thing is I was thinking about getting Goblin Stompers.

The ultimate steampunk accessory? A zeppelin.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <04-08-12/1727:43> »
Huh, I missed it somehow. Funny thing is I was thinking about getting Goblin Stompers.

Is that why they made the books. Not that they are not neet and all but the speed for air travel leaves something to be desired.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <04-08-12/1802:21> »
Airship.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Aelavel

« Reply #13 on: <04-08-12/2251:32> »
been doing some research, and found some history for Club wear, if anyone is interested, it's http://www.contagiousclubwear.com/t-history.aspx kinda makes me wonder about the club scenes in shadowrun, lol

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #14 on: <04-08-12/2301:41> »
Retro-Anti-Nudism where you wear as much clothing as possible in order to be unsexy, in order to fight against the idea of sexuality and gender in society?

I bet it was marketed by the water bottle and sports drink companies in order to ensure that people drink more so they don't dehydrate from the heat of the bodies and the clothing they're wearing.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11