NEWS

Can we *please* have Augmentation errata v1.3.1?

• 12 Replies

Twilight

• Newb
« on: <11-27-12/0117:04> »
I know the English errata is supposedly not in a polished form but, given that it's been 4 years since the errata was updated and 5 years since Augmentation was released, can we please have the errata made available?  Even if it is not in a polished form, it would be far better than what we have now (which is nothing unless we know German and buy the German book).

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-27-12/0120:19> »
I know the English errata is supposedly not in a polished form but, given that it's been 4 years since the errata was updated and 5 years since Augmentation was released, can we please have the errata made available?  Even if it is not in a polished form, it would be far better than what we have now (which is nothing unless we know German and buy the German book).

Just get the printing of Augmentation with the new cover. It has that stuff in it.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-27-12/0140:31> »
Thanks for the info - I didn't realize the new cover version of Augmenation contained the errata.

However, since the errata clearly exists, it would be nice if we could just have the errata.  Being told to buy another copy of a book I've already paid for just to get the errata feels like a money-grab (and is exactly why I know a few people have stopped buying CGL products).  :(

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-27-12/0142:33> »
Thanks for the info - I didn't realize the new cover version of Augmenation contained the errata.

However, since the errata clearly exists, it would be nice if we could just have the errata.  Being told to buy another copy of a book I've already paid for just to get the errata feels like a money-grab (and is exactly why I know a few people have stopped buying CGL products).  :(

I haven't picked up another hard copy of Augmentation, but I did snag the new PDF (quite a bit cheaper than print).

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <11-27-12/0937:03> »
Also, for me, I have multiple spreadsheets with data based off Augmentation.  The errata would actually be more useful to me than a new copy of the book (or pdf) as I'd effectively have to create the errata by comparing versions anyway.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-27-12/1506:47> »
I guess I just don't understand all the crying out for errata documents and such. To me it sounds a bit like the whining that MMO players start doing after the first couple of weeks playing a game about a lack of content just because they power-levelled their way through all of it.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #6 on: <11-27-12/1651:57> »
I guess I just don't understand all the crying out for errata documents and such. To me it sounds a bit like the whining that MMO players start doing after the first couple of weeks playing a game about a lack of content just because they power-levelled their way through all of it.
Especially since all rules in a RPG are meant as guidelines for the GMs to follow to make their game their own. When you need a rule to tell you exactly how long it takes to reload an Ares Desert Strike, it's akin to the problem in today's football about what constitutes an illegal hit. I swear, in 10 years, the NFL will be the National Flag Football League.

I would much rather the team spend its time giving us new products and not worry about the typo on page 52 where they misspelled Dr. Spin as Doctor Spin.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #7 on: <11-27-12/1725:19> »
Like:
I don`t give a FAQ?

Ahhh. Blasphemy. How could such idea even came to my mind :)

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <11-27-12/1803:05> »
I don't care about the typo type of errata.  I do care about the rules-affecting type of errata which is necessary for most CGL products released.  Costs/essence/availability mistakes make a huge difference.  The occasional missing rule (or power or spell or whatever) also has a large impact.

Personally, I have exactly the opposite view.  If they know there is errata for the product, I would rather they release the errata before releasing more products (that will probably also need errata).  I'd understand not making errata the highest priority but failing to release errata that has existed for devs for 4-5 years is beyond absurd.
« Last Edit: <11-27-12/1805:00> by Twilight »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #9 on: <11-27-12/1814:07> »
Because quality of product is mark of professionals?

Orvich

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <12-01-12/1453:03> »
If errata exists, I don't understand not releasing it in some form, or the downplaying of calls for a completed/non-error'ed  version of the purchased product.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <12-03-12/1200:50> »
Lot more similar to complaining about bugs in the game and asking for a patch, especially in situations where it's a know fact that fix is ready and just waiting for the next patch so it can be implemented(so fraking annoying consoles killed regular patching for all multiplatform games, as the all kiddies would raise a holy hell if PC got fixes patched in as soon as they where ready)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <01-03-13/1228:21> »
What I always wonder when people argue that dysfunctional rules and fluff don't matter because they can easily rewrite it -- what's the point of buying books, then? If working rules are not needed because you can make your own, why not just buy a bunch of empty pages and fill them yourself?